Install Mac OS X to Acer Aspire One A150 from version 10.5.2 – 10.5.5

harbot

742 posts in this topic

In Editor you have pressed ESC to leave the insert mode. Then type " :wq " without the "" .the ":" is saying there are comming commands. the "w" is for writing the file and the "q" is for leaving the editor. you can type also :w and :q it is the same.

Ok will try again tonite,

thanks troubadur!

Hey, Beta2 of the Card-Reader Kexts is avaible! Beta1 doesn't worked, maybe this one? Anyone willing to try? :D

Located here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=245096

Notes: This driver should work for the JMicron SD Flash Card reader on any machine running MacOS X. It has only been tested on a Dell Mini 9 with MacOS X 10.5.5 and 1GB and 2GB SD cards. This drive does *not* work with SDHC cards, MMC, Memory Stick, or xD cards.

Changes: Add support for cards that report non-512 byte block size. This means that 2GB and 4GB SD, but not SDHC, cards should work now.

Card Reader

Blue-K thanks for the link will try later tonight.

BTW whats the feedback on Beta1, what are the issues?

I have tried beta 1, not got a chance for beta 2...

Beta 1 simply does not work. I insert a 2 GB SD Card and it simply treats it like a PCMCIA card and just does nothing really, it actually told me there were 4 PCMCIA cards in the laptop....

~Stephen

Sweet I will have to try that then. Although is anyone successfully able to get the battery and power management to properly work.

I think my battery manager is working quite fine after installing AppleACPIBatteryManager_b15.zip

The 802.11n BCM4321 card from Ebay worked brilliantly (the card even has © Apple on it ;-) and at the same time I upgraded the memory to 1.5G. Now if I'd just figure out which driver would fix the RealTek cable unplug/plug issue..

Hey, Beta2 of the Card-Reader Kexts is avaible! Beta1 doesn't worked, maybe this one? Anyone willing to try? :D

Located here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=245096

I tried Beta1 and can recognize the capacity of the card but prompts disk write and read access.

I tried the Beta2 with Sandisk Ultra II 2gb card at the storage expansion slot and it works. i was able to format the card and mount it, but slow in copying files.

Beta2 does not work on the multi card reader slot and currently works only at the storage expansion (card reader) slot.

They are planning to release kext which supports SDHC soon. I'm keeping an eye on their progress.

I tried Beta1 and can recognize the capacity of the card but prompts disk write and read access.

I tried the Beta2 with Sandisk Ultra II 2gb card at the storage expansion slot and it works. i was able to format the card and mount it, but slow in copying files.

Beta2 does not work on the multi card reader slot and currently works only at the storage expansion (card reader) slot.

They are planning to release kext which supports SDHC soon. I'm keeping an eye on their progress.

I am curious, I have tried both with neither one working. What kernel are you using? and how did you install the kext file? I used KextHelperb7 that comes with Paul's Wind pack.

~Stephen

Hi, i recently bought AA1. I am running it on Win Xp as of now. I am looking forward to load Mac OS on it. Just a small doubt does the wifi work without being replaced by Dell wifi.

Is there a wifi hack which will make it work.

The Atheros chip that comes stock does not work at all with OS X. There is no known hack that I have been able to find to get it to work or driver. It would be better to replace the card anyways as broadcom based chips are not only seen as an airport card, but tend to work much better.

~Stephen

Thanks for the info...

I am not interested in opening it up and swapping...

Can i use a USB wifi dongle from Linksys or Netgear....

You can use a USB dongle, I would recommend one from newertech as they at least have drivers. Linksys and Netgear are hit or miss depending on the chipset they use. If you can, do the internal swap, its cheaper and works diorectly with airport. No USB dongle will.

~Stephen

I think i will install the mac today.

Do a dual boot of Xp and Mac OS.

I planning on instaling leo4all v3 is it good.

Or should i get some other version.

One more thing what bootloader should i use

I recommend the Kalyway install disc like the guide in this forum suggests, page 1, that way you have a direct guide. Have had no luck with other distros for some reason.

does anybody know if it would be possible to install OSX Retail on this laptop?

You cannot install the retail OS X on the laptop you have specd, you would need to use a specially made DVD.

~Stephen

I am curious, I have tried both with neither one working. What kernel are you using? and how did you install the kext file? I used KextHelperb7 that comes with Paul's Wind pack.

~Stephen

I'm using vanilla kernel and installed it using Kexthelperb7. What's the model and capacity of your sd card?

SBMac = still waiting also for the Battery Manager :( everytime I plugin the kext file the battery meter will show but if your restart it will auto remove the meter hahahahahha

Go to http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114105

download the original PowerManagement.bundle and replace your existing PowerManagement.bundle (use the latest version) and install the AppleACPIBatteryManage.kext.

I'm using vanilla kernel and installed it using Kexthelperb7. What's the model and capacity of your sd card?

Go to http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114105

download the original PowerManagement.bundle and replace your existing PowerManagement.bundle (use the latest version) and install the AppleACPIBatteryManage.kext.

Weird that is how I installed it and got nothing.... I was also using a standard 2GB SD Card...

Also, where can I download the original PowerManagement.bundle? I have been trying to find that and for some reason I cant...

~Stephen

Use the latest version (10.5.4)

Awesome, and thanks... Any idea on the memory card reader and what I might have done wrong?

~Stephen

Update/Question

Considering I am running 10.5.5 and the download for the PowerManagenment.bundle has versions for 10.5.1-4, should I just use the one in 10.5.5? or use the one from another version?

Awesome, and thanks... Any idea on the memory card reader and what I might have done wrong?

~Stephen

Update/Question

Considering I am running 10.5.5 and the download for the PowerManagenment.bundle has versions for 10.5.1-4, should I just use the one in 10.5.5? or use the one from another version?

I have'nt tried the PowerManagement.bundle version 10.5.5 with the AppleACPIBatteryManage.kext but I'm definitely sure version 10.5.4 works even you have the latest Mac Os X 10.5.5.

I have'nt tried the PowerManagement.bundle version 10.5.5 with the AppleACPIBatteryManage.kext but I'm definitely sure version 10.5.4 works even you have the latest Mac Os X 10.5.5.

Thanks, I am running the 10.5.5 PowerManagement.bundle and the Battery manager.kext works just fine, but the problem is during shutdown, it kernels panics, do you get this under the 10.5.4 powermanagement bundle?

I'm not sure why this happens to your AAO. My AAO currently runs bios v3305 and that may be the key unless you also have the same.

And I am also running the 3305 bios, I will double check to be sure, but I remember doing the update..

~Stephen

Update

I just checked and I do have the most recent bios its 3304 not 3305, so I am a little clueless right now about the kernel panic...

Thanks, I am running the 10.5.5 PowerManagement.bundle and the Battery manager.kext works just fine, but the problem is during shutdown, it kernels panics, do you get this under the 10.5.4 powermanagement bundle?

And I am also running the 3305 bios, I will double check to be sure, but I remember doing the update..

~Stephen

Update

I just checked and I do have the most recent bios its 3304 not 3305, so I am a little clueless right now about the kernel panic...

The most recent official Acer Aspire One bios is v3305 released last October

http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/noteb...as_one_110.html

I dont get kernel panic using the 10.5.4 version.