Pantalla:

Resolución: 800 x 600

Profundidad: Color de 32 bits

Core Image: Software

Pantalla principal: Sí

Duplicado: Desactivado

En línea: Sí

Quartz Extreme: Incompatible

i've installed your kexts, and my system runs at 800x600 and in system profiler it shows on extension section:

AppleIntelGMAX3100:

Versión: 1.5.36

Última modificación: 01/07/09 03:45 p.m.

Texto de información: AppleIntelGMAX3100 1.5.36.25

Versión de kext: 5.3.6

Dirección de carga: 0x51299000

Válido: Sí

Autenticación: Sí

Dependencias: Correctas

Integridad: Extensión de kernel (kext) sin registro

as you can see it does not complain about no extension loaded (this message is not showed anymore) 

Información de la extensión del kernel: Ninguna extensión de kernel (kext) cargada

keep the good work!!

If there was someone who was interested in doing a port. Apparently, the driver for this Chipset is available for FreeBSD. Shouldn't be too much of a longshot to do a port from FreeBSD to Darwin.

More information can be had at:-

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news...m&px=NjUzMw

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf...5c2dcc8273daf66

I'm maxed out with work at the moment, but what would be really helpful is if someone could diff the 4500 and 3100 BSD sources and find out what is different (registers, base addresses, init sequences, and commands).

If you have Xcode installed, you could use FileMerge or the command-line opendiff (which just calls FileMerge) to see the diffs (if the sources aren't too different). Then report back to this thread. Thanks.

-u

i've installed your kexts, and my system runs at 800x600 and in system profiler it shows on extension section:

as you can see it does not complain about no extension loaded (this message is not showed anymore)

keep the good work!!

enzobelmont, I am confused. What exactly is working that wasn't working before?

Could you do the following command and post the results?

ioreg -f -w 0 -n GFX0 >GFX0-ioreg.txt

Thanks,

-u

Yeah, I'll do that :)

I just found out that the problem with my custom DSDT compilation was that I missed a bracket at the end of my file.

Now I get another error, namely that the function DTGP does not exist..

I'm trying to understand what DSDT is, and looking ath how to fix it, but if trauma can help me on this one?

I'll also try the diff of the BSD sources, but you should know that I'm really not very good at programming (meaning the only thing I really can do is write a very small C program that uses printf and scanf and then does some calculations with the data it gets.. very basic it is.. If you can help me to a tutorial for better understanding in programming, I'm interested..)

The ioreg output is down here :D

(At the moment if I boot with the kexts I get to the blue screen and can move my mouse, seems like native resolution, but can't say for sure (loginwindow seems to start, but maybe puts the output on the VGA out? I'll try with my screen now..)

ioregoutput.txt

Crossover 8 crashed every time ... now it works...

is the lack of QE/CI the reason???

now it works!!

Well, does System Profiler report that you have QE/CI enabled. (Apple Menu->About This Mac->More->Graphics/Displays.

(BTW, I always try to put detailed instructions because many of us are at different levels of guruness, and many of us speak different languages, so best to be clear. I hope I am not sounding like I am talking down-- I'm not!)

Could you paste here what it shows?

For example, mine shows:

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x27a2

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Built-In: Yes

Display Connector:

Thanks!

enzobelmont, I am confused. What exactly is working that wasn't working before?

my system worked fine using consono's method and it works now the same way, it just indicates that the AppleIntelGMAX3100 kext is loaded.

i've noticed that now codeweaver's crossover 8 loads successfully. it crashed every time i loaded (reading the crash report generated, it complained about graphics subsystem). Now it runs fine.

sending ioreg.txtGFX0_ioreg.txt

Saludos  :)

Yeah, I'll do that :)

I just found out that the problem with my custom DSDT compilation was that I missed a bracket at the end of my file.

Now I get another error, namely that the function DTGP does not exist..

I'm trying to understand what DSDT is, and looking ath how to fix it, but if trauma can help me on this one?

I've found it's best not to try to do too much at a time. DSDT can be very difficult to debug. I fixed a stuck key error in ApplePS2Keyboard.cpp, and it works, then when I mucked with DSDT, it broke. So I'm going slow with DSDT at the moment.

I'll also try the diff of the BSD sources, but you should know that I'm really not very good at programming (meaning the only thing I really can do is write a very small C program that uses printf and scanf and then does some calculations with the data it gets.. very basic it is.. If you can help me to a tutorial for better understanding in programming, I'm interested..)

My bad-- that was a reply to Undead Surfer. I didn't mean to suggest you do it! I was hoping to enlist anywone who had the time-- I don't.

The ioreg output is down here :D

Thanks, I need to take a break-- kids want me to make cookies. So I'll be bake in the evening.

my system worked fine using consono's method and it works now the same way, it just indicates that the AppleIntelGMAX3100 kext is loaded.

i've noticed that now codeweaver's crossover 8 loads successfully. it crashed every time i loaded (reading the crash report generated, it complained about graphics subsystem). Now it runs fine.

Saludos ;)

That's good news. When you have time, if you could check about QE/CI and also whether you can change display resolutions.

-u

can you post me that kext please I have almost a perfect hackintosh (without QE)

I posted my kext a few posts ago, but the should be edited to suit your hardware.. Check if your hardware ID in system profiler (About this mac --> more info --> Graphics --> Device ID) is the same as enzobelmonts ;) But you'll still not get QE/CI apparantly (for me it doesn't work at all, so mileage my vary for you ;) )

some clarifications:

i've NO QE/CI

can`t change resolution

just kext loaded.

BTW my ioreg is in my last post.

saludos,

;) Oh, well. I suppose it was silly of me to hope a first shot at this will work. However, the good news is that we have the kext loaded.

I will take a look at the ioreg output, but what would be really helpful is if someone who has a working GMAX3100 could do the following ioreg command, concentrating on the GFX0 node and post the results here.

ioreg -f -w 0 -n GFX0 >GFX0-ioreg.txt

BTW my ioreg is in my last post.

OK, I diffed your ioreg versus my (GMA950) and that wasn't too helpful. But I did note the following:

"device-id" = <"B*">

That suggests to me that the device id has not been entered properly in the info.plist or in the hex edit.

So what I need to see still are two things:

1. A full ioreg output from enzobelmont: ioreg -f -l -w 0 >ioregoutput.txt

2. A full ioreg output from someone who has a WORKING GMAX3100 on a hack

3. A full ioreg output from someone who has a MacBook with a GMAX3100. (My macbook pro has an nvidia card ;) )

Between these three things, the specs (and maybe the FreeBSD drivers) we can figure out if the hope of driving a 4500 with a X3100 kext is foolish or not. If not, then it's back to writing drivers, which will be a longish endeavor. I will (soon) have access to a 4500-based laptop, so I can help with the driver (later this month), if it gets to that.

-u

3. A full ioreg output from someone who has a MacBook with a GMAX3100. (My macbook pro has an nvidia card ;) )

I can provide that when my girlfriend comes back from work tomorrow with her MacBook.

I will also give a shot to the diff between the two BSD drivers if I have some more time tomorrow.

Can someone please make me one because i cant use linux because i dont understand it.

HP G60 115EM Notebook

Screen size i want it to be 1366x768

Im running Mac OS X 10.5.7

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a42

Revision ID: 0x0007

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Thanks

sorry ipodtouchdude... read this thread from start.. if you want 1366x768 you must learn linux. at least you should be capable to install grub2 on your machine. Or you just can wait until someone patch Chameleon2 VESA modes.

1,- install ubuntu (google it)

2,- install build-esentials (ubuntu stuff, again google it)

3,- install grub2 (or compile it err.. sorry)

follow the thread.

saludos.

AS YOU WISH!! Sorry it is not zipped :)

No problemo, Thanks!

one more thing: i am usin just the 2 kext provided to me by Tienneke in post 154; everythig else (intel kexts were deleted by me some days ago)

Yikes! That explains why I didn't see a framebuffer in your ioreg. You need to have these files in /S/L/E:

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle

I tried attaching the missing files, but insanelymac's file attachment fails on me. Perhaps someone else can send you the missing kexts, or you can get them via Pacifist and your distro.

There's also another issue. Are you sure your device id matches what what edited into the kexts?

We need to check that first. Second, you need to install the missing kexts, and third, we'll need your ioreg output again.

If after adding this, you get a black screen, then we'll still need the ioreg output only from single user mode. See an earlier post of mine for instructions.

Thanks, for being a guinea pig!

-u

I posted my kext a few posts ago, but the should be edited to suit your hardware.. Check if your hardware ID in system profiler (About this mac --> more info --> Graphics --> Device ID) is the same as enzobelmonts :) But you'll still not get QE/CI apparantly (for me it doesn't work at all, so mileage my vary for you ;) )

Tienneke:

Did you get a black or blue screen? Also, did you have all the GMAX3100 kexts and bundles present? Did you try booting in single-user mode and generating an ioreg output? See my posts later in this thread.

Failures can be as instructive as successes.

Thanks.

-u

No problemo, Thanks!

Yikes! That explains why I didn't see a framebuffer in your ioreg. You need to have these files in /S/L/E:

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle

Thanks, for being a guinea pig!

-u

don't worry i'll get the kexts from my entire folder Extension zipped (from first run) :)

I can provide that when my girlfriend comes back from work tomorrow with her MacBook.

I will also give a shot to the diff between the two BSD drivers if I have some more time tomorrow.

Cool thanks! I think the full output would be best because just printing the class GFX0 from ioreg doesn't have the framebuffer properties or anything else hanging off of GFX0.

Re: drivers, no sweat; if you can get to it that would be cool.

-u

sorry ipodtouchdude... read this thread from start.. if you want 1366x768 you must learn linux. at least you should be capable to install grub2 on your machine. Or you just can wait until someone patch Chameleon2 VESA modes.

1,- install ubuntu (google it)

2,- install build-esentials (ubuntu stuff, again google it)

3,- install grub2 (or compile it err.. sorry)

follow the thread.

saludos.

do i need to copy anything from mac to linux to do this?

i restored my missing kexts and here is my ioregoutput in single mode...  ;)

i have not got a black screen just it got freezed (sorry my english)

ioregoutputsinglemode.txt

btw im in ubuntu now :)

do i need to copy anything from mac to linux to do this?

you need to install grub2 from a linux distribution installed on your system.

then folish chameleon and mac os to think that your VESA native mode is 1366x768 using linux intel915 plugin loaded at grub2 startup.

thats all...

i restored my missing kexts and here is my ioregoutput in single mode... ;)

ioregoutputsinglemode.txt

btw im in ubuntu now :)

you need to install grub2 from a linux distribution installed on your system.

then folish chameleon and mac os to think that your VESA native mode is 1366x768 using linux intel915 plugin loaded at grub2 startup.

thats all...

ok you lost me i wish people would do a video on this then it would be much easier

ok you lost me i wish people would do a video on this then it would be much easier

Yeah, it can be like that for a lot of OSx86 things. In that respect, threaded conversations are the wrong style for evolving issues. IMHO, an editable wiki is better, since the instructions can be edited as new information filters in.

If you don't have much linux experience, there ot much anyone else can help you with to get the resolution fix going. Try and compile the steps on your own by reading this thread. Then post your steps to the forum for feedback. Then test it out. If it works, then post and update a Genius Bar tutorial so others can benefit.

Sorry if I am not being helpful, but I don't even have a machine with a 4500!

-u

i restored my missing kexts and here is my ioregoutput in single mode... ;)

re: english, no worries.

Well, I looked at your output. You still have that bad device id, which bugs me :)

"device-id" = <"B*">

But far worse, and the likely reason for the non-booting is that you don't have a framebuffer at all. There's nothing hanging off the GFX0 device. Can you get me the relevant parts of your system log (boot with -s and -v)?

-u

I don't understand why anyone would waste any time at all on trying to port a 3100 driver to work on 4500 hardware, when the current 3100 drivers still doesn't have QE/CI support.

That's just dumb.

Ah dude, the 3100 and X3100 are different. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA

We're looking at the X3100 kexts, which are used in the MB Pro and certainly have QE/CI support. This may be a wasted effort, in that the 4500 may be substantially different. However, it doesn't seem that way based on Intel's docs, although that may be my own lack of thoroughness. Regardless, we learn by doing, not pontificating.

-u

I don't understand why anyone would waste any time at all on trying to port a 3100 driver to work on 4500 hardware, when the current 3100 drivers still doesn't have QE/CI support.

That's just dumb.

Ah dude, the 3100 and X3100 are different. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA

We're looking at the X3100 kexts, which are used in the MB Pro and certainly have QE/CI support. This may be a wasted effort, in that the 4500 may be substantially different. However, it doesn't seem that way based on Intel's docs, although that may be my own lack of thoroughness. Regardless, we learn by doing, not pontificating.

-u

So what I need to see still are two things:

2. A full ioreg output from someone who has a WORKING GMAX3100 on a hack

Hi, I just want to make sure I got the #2 question request right. Are you looking for a hackintosh laptop that has X3100 on it and has working drivers with full QI/CE support?

I have an older Sony CR laptop that has X3100/965 chipset. Do you need an ioreg dump for this system?

Let me know and I'll do it for you. If I misunderstood the info, I'm sorry -_-

EDIT:

My Sony has X3100 with FULL QI/CE support. However, I just want to inform you that in my case, I didn't use any EFI string, Natit, or Specialized X3100/Framebuffer kexts to install this. It seems that 10.5.7 X3100 kext works native in my laptop. In 10.5.6 or lower, I had to install natit or efi string to make it work.

The only problem I had with 10.5.7 kext was the resolution. It gives me resolution choices but not the optimal which is 1280x800. It gives options like 640x480, 800x600, 1024x786, 1280x1024, etc which was not right, of course - no 1280x800. I had to install SwitchResX to have my right resolution. Again, just to be clear I'm using X3100/965 chipset, not 4500. My wife has the 4500 laptop that is why I'm also interested in this.

BTW, keep up the good work! You're awesome dude!