1,615 posts in this topic

Hi,

It's working in Linux

http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download.html

In readme: G/Q33,G/Q35,G41,G/Q43,G/GM/Q45

Intel's G41 Now Supported On Linux

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news...m&px=NjcxNA

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf...5c2dcc8273daf66

and if someone is helpme I can Xcode do Leo.

Best Regards,

Ruy

OK guys, I found a simpler way to get higher/widescreen resolutions to work. This is only a variation on the grub2/915resolution hack (at least it works using the same principle), but it is way simpler to use.

In this thread, ryuu123 shares a patched version of Chameleon v1 allowing Vaio P users to run OSX at 1600x768 (without QE/CI). I thought that I could try to see if this patch also allowed higher VESA resolutions on a X4500MHD, and yes, it works! So if you already use Chameleon v1, simply replace the 'boot' file in the root folder of your install with the one provided in the Vaio P thread, and voilà: you can set "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32" in com.apple.boot.plist.

Please note: THERE IS STILL NO QE/CI SUPPORT, THIS IS NOT A DRIVER.

Also, I could not get 1440x900x32 to work. The system boots, but the image is awfully mangled. If anyone has an idea on this, I would be glad to hear it. ryuu123 is ready to share the source of the patch if someone wants to take a look at it.

Hi,

I changed my resolution to 1600x1200 on a Dell E6500 with intel GMA X4500HD as described below. After a reboot it works fine for me. See also thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=5513&st=20.

Open Treminal from the Utilities Folder, then run this:

sudo pico /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

the system ask for your password, then add it after the

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>"Graphics Mode"="1600×1200×32"</string>

can we have an easiest solution to this issue??

i'm using my acer 5738z laptop to 1024x768 and my screen can run at 1366x768 ( a rare resolution)

can someone make a patch for my machine?

i have a triple boot 

win7 + ubuntu + macOSX 10.5.4

a long time ago i used Callisto on my ati x200m laptop and it never got QE/CI :)  (same history here now)

i'm missing QE/CI + WLAN (ar5b91 atheros) and sound (intel HDA HCI9 + realtek alc888)

i'm very confused about a lot of useless option through this forums.

Saludos.

We actually need to know more to help you. Are you on X4500 Graphics? Btw, Callisto is a driver for ATI, and will not help for X4500..

The problem is that there is no driver (as of yet) for GMA X4500 Graphics. The trick we try to pull is to at least get a good resolution, but this seems not to work for everybody, and the procedure is quite difficult.

The only real good solution to the problem would be to have a brave developper write a driver for the GMA 4500, but this is at the moment not happening (if I'm right..).

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Memory Controller Hub (rev 07)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 03)
00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 03)
00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 03)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 3 (rev 03)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 5 (rev 03)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)
00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 (rev 03)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev 93)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation ICH9M LPC Interface Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E SATA AHCI Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM5784M Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 10)
04:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR928X Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)

my OLD ati laptop never got QE/CI. I hope my NEW one (GMA4500M) can get it.

thanks for any help. :)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)

my OLD ati laptop never got QE/CI. I hope my NEW one (GMA4500M) can get it.

thanks for any help. :)

The problem is that there is no driver for GMA4500M (as I posted earlier), so until somebody get's writing the driver, we won't have QE/CI.. Is there anybody that knows his way around XCode and the XNU kernel? And hopefully knows a lot about the GMA4500 Architecture?

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Nick14. Developing a driver, even if possible, probably won't happen due to the extreme effort it'll require. There is no big enough motive to push a team of developers to do it.

Yeah, I know.. But the fact is that enzobelmont was expecting that calisto would fix his QE/CI problem, which is completely not gonna happen..

And indeed, the chance that a developper is crazy enough to write a driver is almost 0, but hey, we can hope, can't we? :)

Yeah, I know.. But the fact is that enzobelmont was expecting that calisto would fix his QE/CI problem, which is completely not gonna happen..

And indeed, the chance that a developper is crazy enough to write a driver is almost 0, but hey, we can hope, can't we? :D

my english may not be as good as yours. i am hoping someone to MAKE a script to get native resolution on my GMA4500 laptop. not to use callisto for that!.

thinking about QE/CI at this moment is insane. Because this graphics architecture is not contemplated by apple in their machines.

my system uses efi to get osx86 running, do i have a chance to use my native resolution (1366x768)?

i can use grub(1) on my gentoo system. can i get a brainstorm to solve my problem?

sorry my english.

I'll contribute with 15 euros for a working driver.

If others join lets get someone to work on it.

Thousands of users would love to have this driver.

Lets do it.

I´ll do the same.

Hi,

I changed my resolution to 1600x1200 on a Dell E6500 with intel GMA X4500HD as described below. After a reboot it works fine for me. See also thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=5513&st=20.

Open Treminal from the Utilities Folder, then run this:

sudo pico /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

the system ask for your password, then add it after the

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>"Graphics Mode"="1600×1200×32"</string>

Sweet. Thanks. This worked for me.

It would be really sweet though if I could get an extended display instead of a mirror on both.

Good sutff nonetheless.

Just wanted to say, that im lucky now with 1440x900x32 on my gma4500mhd (dell studio 1737), i got it, the 915resolution way. Anyway it would be nice to have an native driver for this gpu. Im hoping, that either apple will release an netbook with the gma4500 or somebody port the bsd or linux driver to osx (if possible).

many thanks for this nice hack ;-)

OK guys, I found a simpler way to get higher/widescreen resolutions to work. This is only a variation on the grub2/915resolution hack (at least it works using the same principle), but it is way simpler to use.

In this thread, ryuu123 shares a patched version of Chameleon v1 allowing Vaio P users to run OSX at 1600x768 (without QE/CI). I thought that I could try to see if this patch also allowed higher VESA resolutions on a X4500MHD, and yes, it works! So if you already use Chameleon v1, simply replace the 'boot' file in the root folder of your install with the one provided in the Vaio P thread, and voilà: you can set "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32" in com.apple.boot.plist.

Please note: THERE IS STILL NO QE/CI SUPPORT, THIS IS NOT A DRIVER.

Also, I could not get 1440x900x32 to work. The system boots, but the image is awfully mangled. If anyone has an idea on this, I would be glad to hear it. ryuu123 is ready to share the source of the patch if someone wants to take a look at it.

Anyone getting this to work??? Anyone Tried?

If there was someone who was interested in doing a port. Apparently, the driver for this Chipset is available for FreeBSD. Shouldn't be too much of a longshot to do a port from FreeBSD to Darwin.

More information can be had at:-

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news...m&px=NjUzMw

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf...5c2dcc8273daf66

Just reporting that I finally got 1440x900 working using the consono method. It's not the easiest solution, but it works!

Also to all those asking for 'someone' to port the BSD driver or whatever, please stop. I know how you feel, I did just the same as you a few months ago, but it won't be happening. The X4500 was released almost a year ago, and if someone capable was interested in taking such a hard and tedious task, he would have come forward by now.

I'll contribute with 15 euros for a working driver.

If others join lets get someone to work on it.

Thousands of users would love to have this driver.

Lets do it.

I´ll do the same.

Count me in.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Nick14. Developing a driver, even if possible, probably won't happen due to the extreme effort it'll require. There is no big enough motive to push a team of developers to do it.

Negativity, negativity, negativity. Why must people be so closed minded? In case you haven't noticed, Apple is not the only entity on the planet that makes device drivers!

I think most mac people are just plain spoiled. You get all the drivers handed to you on a silver platter! So if some certain driver for some certain device does not exist yet, some people just immediately jump and say "Its never going to happen, not in a million years"

Never say never!

A team of developers? Who says it requires a team? All it takes is 1 person.

Its pretty difficult to believe that not 1 person in the entire world, is interested in making this driver for mac.

If you believed that not a single person is interested, you were wrong!

I am that person, and I am going to attempt to develop this driver, for the GMA 4500M!

device id: 0x2a24

vendor id: 0x8086 (Intel of course)

However there's one thing that will help out a lot in speeding this up. I need your help, but you don't have to know how to code to help me out.

Can anyone on find me a source code for a video device driver for mac? If someone could find that for me, when and if I'm successful I will post it up here on this forum free for anyone to download! I know its a hard thing to find, since mac people that have real macs never have to make them, unless they work for Apple. But it would be more appreciated then your euro's or whatever currency you use. As it would help in the process...

I always stay positive no matter what happens. I dislike when people are negative! As a wiseman once said, positivelyness is next to Godliness! :P

I want to thank you though Hurt, for being so negative (although I hate it). It makes me more positive!! Maybe without your comment I would've never attempted this...

There will soon be a day when all of us GMA 4500m owners can rejoice in the :( clouds ;) , champagne will fall from the heavens, children will be dancing in the street, and you WILL have hardware accelerated graphics for your "Mac"

:D

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/P...ntro/intro.html

Negativity, negativity, negativity. Why must people be so closed minded? In case you haven't noticed, Apple is not the only entity on the planet that makes device drivers!

I think most mac people are just plain spoiled. You get all the drivers handed to you on a silver platter! So if some certain driver for some certain device does not exist yet, some people just immediately jump and say "Its never going to happen, not in a million years"

Never say never!

Its pretty difficult to believe that not 1 person in the entire world, is interested in making this driver for mac.

I am that person, and I am going to attempt to develop this driver, for the GMA 4500M!

However there's one thing that will help out a lot in speeding this up. I need your help, but you don't have to know how to code to help me out.

Can anyone on find me a source code for a video device driver for mac? If someone could find that for me, when and if I'm successful I will post it up here on this forum free for anyone to download! I know its a hard thing to find, since mac people that have real macs never have to make them, unless they work for Apple. But it would be more appreciated then your euro's or whatever currency you use. As it would help in the process...

I always stay positive no matter what happens. I dislike when people are negative! As a wiseman once said, positivelyness is next to Godliness! :sorcerer:

I want to thank you though Hurt, for being so negative (although I hate it). It makes me more positive!! Maybe without your comment I would've never attempted this...

There will soon be a day when all of us GMA 4500m owners can rejoice in the :wacko: clouds :) , champagne will fall from the heavens, children will be dancing in the street, and you WILL have hardware accelerated graphics for your "Mac"

:sorcerer:

Kudos to you man. I really admire your spirit and I hope that the fruits of your labour will be seen.

Best of luck and Godspeed.

If I had more time on my hands, I'd have volunteered to assist you but I'm currently working on a programming project for work which takes up most of my time as it is.

Never say never!

I always stay positive no matter what happens. I dislike when people are negative! As a wiseman once said, positivelyness is next to Godliness! :P

There will soon be a day when all of us GMA 4500m owners can rejoice in the :( clouds ;) , champagne will fall from the heavens, children will be dancing in the street, and you WILL have hardware accelerated graphics for your "Mac"

you light my heart! Thank you so much!

Never say never!

There will soon be a day when all of us GMA 4500m owners can rejoice in the :D clouds :D , champagne will fall from the heavens, children will be dancing in the street, and you WILL have hardware accelerated graphics for your "Mac"

Great! You are my hero!

I'd like to help you, have been looking all afternoon for source code of a graphic driver, but didn't find anything concerning osX graphics drivers.. Only linux or freebsd drivers..

Never say never!

There will soon be a day when all of us GMA 4500m owners can rejoice in the :D clouds :D , champagne will fall from the heavens, children will be dancing in the street, and you WILL have hardware accelerated graphics for your "Mac"

Good Luck :P