leopard in acer aspire one

memes

14 posts in this topic

acer aspire one a150

everything working, intel gma950 fully working with 0x27ae patch, webcam working, sound fully working with alc268fix patch input/output, power management working with leopard power management patch, wifi switch to dell 1395 working as airport, card reader is recognized as express card only need to know how I can mount sd card :rolleyes: , then is great have a mac under $400, could be great share experiences with this amazing netbook

acer aspire one a150

everything working, intel gma950 fully working with 0x27ae patch, webcam working, sound fully working with alc268fix patch input/output, power management working with leopard power management patch, wifi switch to dell 1395 working as airport, card reader is recognized as express card only need to know how I can mount sd card ;) , then is great have a mac under $400, could be great share experiences with this amazing netbook

Does Audio input work? Sleep? You have a JMicro PCI to SD card driver? Which ISO did you use?

I am especially interested in getting sleep to work. A working Mic input would also be cool.

hello;

I have acer one a150 i tried installing Kalyway 10.5.2 using Paul's guide http://www.modaco.com/content/asus-eee-pc-...nd-advent-4211/

But unable to work, full installation will finish but once reboot system will auto restart, i have tried -v -v at f8 still same problem.

I cannot see the last msg being displayed any idea?

I followed through paul's guide.

Edit : I found the problem, i manage to boot up using different kernel version ;) i want to use the original wahhhh so sad.

Anyways glad that im able to boot-up

Ill post for any updates

memes,

i have an aspire one using preboot with munkys guide. i have had audio working in the past, but have not been able to get it to work with pre-boot. can you zip up the kexts used for audio and post for me.

also im quite close to sleep working. i can get it to go to sleep, kill network, flash power button ect, but wake doesnt work properly.

if i can get audio/sleep/and card reader working, this machine will be 100% with vanilla install (hd can boot mbp / hack mac tower ect, already tested.)

dave

acer aspire one a150

everything working, intel gma950 fully working with 0x27ae patch, webcam working, sound fully working with alc268fix patch input/output, power management working with leopard power management patch, wifi switch to dell 1395 working as airport, card reader is recognized as express card only need to know how I can mount sd card :D , then is great have a mac under $400, could be great share experiences with this amazing netbook

Memes,

Did you find a way to mound the SD cards? Neither of the card readers is working for me in OSX but work fine in XP.

I did the standard patching as outlined here:

http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtop...ed3730395f07af3

Sound in appears to work when looking at the sound control panel. However, when I open up iChat (yes, built in video cam works!), the sound in control for iChat disappears. So in other words, audio in doesn't work.

memes, does your sound in fix work with iChat?

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, I should sent my aspire one to support 3 weeks ago, mb was fail, I'll receive my aspire next Saturday, then I'll upload kext for audio, as I say audio is working only mic input is not tested but everything else works, for that reason I didn't check this forum, and this weekend I'll write all steps used in my aspire one too

Cheers

acer aspire one a150

everything working, intel gma950 fully working with 0x27ae patch, webcam working, sound fully working with alc268fix patch input/output, power management working with leopard power management patch, wifi switch to dell 1395 working as airport, card reader is recognized as express card only need to know how I can mount sd card :unsure: , then is great have a mac under $400, could be great share experiences with this amazing netbook

Can you tell me how or where to get this 0x27ae patch for the intel gma950? I have an Acer One ZG5 and I am still stuck in 800X600.

Can you tell me how or where to get this 0x27ae patch for the intel gma950? I have an Acer One ZG5 and I am still stuck in 800X600.

this is what I did

I use kalyway intel amd 10.5.2. disk normal process I just select a few patches, first I create a new partiton with acronis the regular one for install leopard

restart system and boot from external dvd, with disk util select erase created partition and before process start just select customize in menu and select cpu=1 flag patch, for audio I use the patch for acl268, I don't remember the link for that, but just search a little bit in the forums or in wiki.taruga.net, I thinks is down but who knows, and for kernel vanilla and for get full video just use patch from here http://code.google.com/p/darwin950/ for 0x27ae wifi is not working is an atheros ar5007eg and there is not drivers yet, but I change wifi card for a hp broadcom and is working as airport and that is it with that you should have a fully functional system

Regards

this is what I did

I use kalyway intel amd 10.5.2. disk normal process I just select a few patches, first I create a new partiton with acronis the regular one for install leopard

restart system and boot from external dvd, with disk util select erase created partition and before process start just select customize in menu and select cpu=1 flag patch, for audio I use the patch for acl268, I don't remember the link for that, but just search a little bit in the forums or in wiki.taruga.net, I thinks is down but who knows, and for kernel vanilla and for get full video just use patch from here http://code.google.com/p/darwin950/ for 0x27ae wifi is not working is an atheros ar5007eg and there is not drivers yet, but I change wifi card for a hp broadcom and is working as airport and that is it with that you should have a fully functional system

Regards