iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Problems

Lord Norr

61 posts in this topic

Hi all,

when I download this torrent from Green D ("iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Leopard OSx86"), my md5 consistently doens't match what is shown in the .md5 file. Instead of getting 79af2c037b48e976d9f51839ec009bb5, I get 533571880f555e5c1a1fe374c5f2a805.

Is the stated MD5 before / after applying some PPF Patch? Anyone else geting the same md5 result as me??

Thanks for any help,

UPDATE:

OK, i got the md5 to match the correct value .

I used Azureus (VUZE) on my stable install of OS X to download the torrent. The torrent completed successfully (100%) and even moved to the bottom half (Seeding torrents) of Azureus. I re-opened up Azureus and did a "Force Re-check" and it to my shock it reported 99.7% Complete, and proceeded to download the last 0.03% that was somehow missing, which now gives me the correct md5 hash.

Between downloading this last night and checking it out just now, all I did was mount and unmount it.

Figured it out... The iDeneb DMG image was not a normal real-only image so when I mounted it, hidden files changed (eg. .DS_Store,etc) the composition of the DMG and gave me an incorrect MD5. Guess its a good rule to always Lock a DMG file after downloading in the event it is Read/Write (like this DMG). Most other OS X DMG's are locked read-only so assumed that was the same here.

Hi everyone Ok I have a Intel DP35dp that I installed Ideb 10.5.4 on last night and everything worked except for lan and I had a card that worked for it. I crashed it updating it to 10.5.4. Now I am on try 9 and have been geting odd coments from around Insanely mac about how I should be doing this.

My set up Intel DP35DP

one gig of ram

nvidea 7600

sata dvd drive

ide 200 gig install drive

installs fine but during boot I get the grey apple and the come no further sign

Why did this instal prefectly the first time and die the rest?

going to try and switch from guid to mbr and see if that makes a difference

oh I chose Stac9271 for sound

chipset ICHX

Kernel 9.4 vanilla

network wired intel

fix apple smbios 667 and 800

nvinject 256

Anybody get past the boot screen issue?

I seem to be getting stuck at the same point myself. ( Blue Screen on boot, though it likes to load to a grey screen if I boot into Safe Mode )

Ran into various other issues during the install ( waiting for root device, etc ) but seem to have worked through those, and can't seem to make any headway as to why it's hanging on the Blue Screen.

I'm using an Nvidia 7600GT 512MB ( though Chameleon and the iDeneb installer seem to think it's a 256 MB card )

Attempted with NVKush and NVInject ( both 256 MB and 512 MB ) in both Safe Boot and Normally.

Tested with any kernel I could use ( Vanilla / Modbin / SleepKernel / Voodoo 9.4 and 9.5 )

Just kind of scratching my head at this point.

System Specs :

HP D530CMT ( Intel 82801EB Chipset ) - the board supports SATA, but SATA is disabled in the BIOS

3.0 Ghz P4 HT Processor

3x80 GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drives ( OSX being installed on the Primary Slave )

3 GB DDR Memory ( 333 Mhz )

Nvidia 7600 GT

Anyone have any suggestions for this?

I seem to be getting stuck at the same point myself. ( Blue Screen on boot, though it likes to load to a grey screen if I boot into Safe Mode )

Ran into various other issues during the install ( waiting for root device, etc ) but seem to have worked through those, and can't seem to make any headway as to why it's hanging on the Blue Screen.

I'm using an Nvidia 7600GT 512MB ( though Chameleon and the iDeneb installer seem to think it's a 256 MB card )

Attempted with NVKush and NVInject ( both 256 MB and 512 MB ) in both Safe Boot and Normally.

Tested with any kernel I could use ( Vanilla / Modbin / SleepKernel / Voodoo 9.4 and 9.5 )

Just kind of scratching my head at this point.

System Specs :

HP D530CMT ( Intel 82801EB Chipset ) - the board supports SATA, but SATA is disabled in the BIOS

3.0 Ghz P4 HT Processor

3x80 GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drives ( OSX being installed on the Primary Slave )

3 GB DDR Memory ( 333 Mhz )

Nvidia 7600 GT

Anyone have any suggestions for this?

I had the same problem when trying to run 10.5.5 vanilla.

I would get the 4 shades of blue screens then stop. the HD light would still be blinking, but i would never get to the log in screen.

The system would boot up if i used safe mode (-x).

I used pacifist in safe mode to install files for my video card that i found in a post. After that it run great.

i have an Asus P5W-DH deluxe, Intel core 2 quad, and an ATI HD2600 XT.

Good luck.

I had the same problem when trying to run 10.5.5 vanilla.

I would get the 4 shades of blue screens then stop. the HD light would still be blinking, but i would never get to the log in screen.

The system would boot up if i used safe mode (-x).

I used pacifist in safe mode to install files for my video card that i found in a post. After that it run great.

i have an Asus P5W-DH deluxe, Intel core 2 quad, and an ATI HD2600 XT.

Good luck.

Had to do something similar myself. Couldn't boot in Safe Mode, so I booted to my semi-wonderful XP installed, used MacDrive to pull all the video kexts, and am now able to boot up. Now it's time to see how long it takes me to get everything working on this box. All great fun. :-S

On a side note, I did manage to fix my issue.

Had to boot to Windows, pull *ALL* of the Nvidia Kexts, and reboot.

At that point, I was able to use NVdarwin to get the Nvidia card working properly with QE/CI

Definitely a little strange... but it could have been worse. :-D

I guess I should have posted this here to begin with:

Meet my (ancient) box:

MoBo: MSI K8T Neo2-F V2.0

CPU: AMD 64 3500+ (Newcastle, only SSE2)

GPU: MSI NX6600GT-VTD128

Monitor: BenQ FP93G

RAM: 2x512Mb DDR 400Mhz

Hdd: Some 160gb Mactor S-ATA

I have to boot from the DVD with "-v", otherwise I can't for some reason get the installation started.

At first I format with disk utility my hdd to Mac OS X Extended (Journaled).

Here's one setup I've tried for customization:

• AMD patch
  • AC97 Audio
  • VIA-SB
  • Kernel 9.4.0 Stage XNU
  • AGPGart
  • NvInject 128

After install during first boot I F8 this "-x "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60"", otherwise I end up on a blank screen which has a cursor stuck on it and also another movable cursor that once in a while turns into a beach ball.

So anyways with the "-x "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32"60"" boot option I get to complete installation and write in my details and finally end up to the login screen. OS X informs me that my keyboard isn't maybe detected, but it's and I click key next to red shift and all is fine.

Then it's time to login. I enter my password and click ok.. and that's the end of my Mac OS X experience on this box. I get a light blue screen and a movable black cursor and that's it. Nothing happens. I've waited at least 20 minutes. It just stays like this for eternity.

I've tried with also similar setup, only instead of StageXNU I used the SpeedStep kernel and the outcome was the same. I also tried a similar setup with StageXNU and nvkush combo, but after first boot "-x "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60" just landed me on a screen that said "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button...."

Another setup I'm trying is:

• AMD patch
  • VIA-SB
  • StageXNU
  • ACPIfix
  • AGPGart

After boot I F8 "-x "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60"" and end up on a "You need to restart your computer" message.

If I F8 "-x -v" I see ""com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencie on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style"

I get some "CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page" stuff and then finally right after "mDNSResponder" there's one more line that says "/usr/sbin/ocspd[66]: starting" ..and that's where it's stuck

Don't know where to go and what to try anymore. For the last setup I added the ACPI stuff, because I recall seeing some AppleACPI error before.

I have some problem with iDeneb v1.3 azalia audio. When i watch the movie or listen the music sound is crack,pop, and lost sometime. try with usb sound the result is same. Anyone got idea?

Asus A8jp notebook

C2D 1.86 Ghz

ATI Mobility X1700

Memory 2 GB

sound AD1986a with Azalia

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Im new in OSx86 and have the same problem in the PC with:

AMD athlon 64 x2 5200+

Nvidia GeForce 8400GS

ECS GeForce6100PM-M2

installing ideneb 1.3 osx 10.5.5 following this post

AMD Patch: Not selected

Audio: ALC662

Chipset: AppleNForceATA selected ONLY

Kernel: Kernel 9.2.0 Spedtest

Network:

- Ethernet: Realtek RTL8189 selected

- Wireless: No selection

Fix: No selections EXCEPT

- AppleSMBIOS: AppleSMBIOS Mac Pro

Video: No selections EXCEPT

- NVinject: NVinject 0.2.1 512MB

and the motherboard have no choice AHCI.