iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Problems

Lord Norr

61 posts in this topic

I recently thought I would have another go at getting Leopard to run on my pc. This time I tried iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Leopard OSx86.

However straight away there was problems. The disk booted fine and it installed very quickly, however the second it gets to boot from the HD my whole PC resets and loop continues. This is without any extra drivers. Only thing I check was the AMD option.

Does anyone know why this does this?

Or can someone recommend me a good build that will work with my rig shown in my signature?

I really would appreciate any help anyone can give me in this regard.

Thanks! :(

At first when I went through the customisable options I selected only a few things. My ATI drivers, Forcedeath and thats it. I didnt know which chipset to use :)

The choices were

• AppleNForceATA

• AppleNForceATA Test

• MCP67

• ICHx Fixed

• JMicronATA

• SAS

• SiliconImage

• VIA-SB

In fact I think I selectred AppleNForceATA. That constantly rebooted. 2nd time I installed I ONLY selected the AMD fix and nothing else. Still rebooted.

Don't know with this DVD, but I had this problem before. What worked for me was to also pick the VIA-SB chipset.

At first when I went through the customisable options I selected only a few things. My ATI drivers, Forcedeath and thats it. I didnt know which chipset to use :)

The choices were

• AppleNForceATA

• AppleNForceATA Test

• MCP67

• ICHx Fixed

• JMicronATA

• SAS

• SiliconImage

• VIA-SB

In fact I think I selectred AppleNForceATA. That constantly rebooted. 2nd time I installed I ONLY selected the AMD fix and nothing else. Still rebooted.

it's hard to say since there is something blocking the screen. However what I can make out it says:

Panic(CPU 0 caller

Then lots of code and then backtrace terminated. Invalid frame.

Com.apple.driver.appleinte...

Sorry but reporting all this from my iPhone is tricky.

Did you select both chipsets? I mean, Nforce AND VIA-SB?

Also, you should have at least two installations...one to test and one "stable" one were you can get back to troubleshoot if the other one doesn't work. I see you have enough HDD space. 10 Gb should be enough for a test partition. :wub:

Currently I tried VIA & either Nforce or the test. Every of Nforce ends in panic. Dont use it and its root device problems. I'm using my trusty laptop to report all this :)

Any thoughts? :wub:

Update:

Tried VIA & Nforce Test WITHOUT any other options, using the default 9.5 kernel. Getting instant reboots.

Which is the best kernel to use?

Hey,

Is the panic from the com.apple.appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext

Cause that will give you kernel panics on any machine.

And your gonna have to select the 9.4Stage XNU Kernel / The 9.5 Vanilla will not work on AMD comps

Thanks peeps!

Just trying that now. Will let you know in 10 mins! Fingers crossed this time.

I didnt select any video or network drivers. Just wanted to see if this even worked before I started to think about the internet.

Nope

Still getting Kernel panics.

post-188883-1222548548_thumb.jpg

Ok,

Boot back into the iDeneb disc; open the terminal; and type this in

rm -rf /Volumes/YourOSXDrive/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Make sure you replace YourOSXDrive with the name of your mac drive

Good luck

tried that and now it doesn't reset. However it now gives me the "waiting for root device" message.

:P

Almost there.

I was having this problem. I solved by changing my SATA configuration in BIOS from IDE to AHCI. After that the system booted fine with iDeneb 1.3.

Fergo

Ok,

Boot back into the iDeneb disc; open the terminal; and type this in

rm -rf /Volumes/YourOSXDrive/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Make sure you replace YourOSXDrive with the name of your mac drive

Good luck

Ok, just tried that. Rebooted and still getting the exact same messae :(

I was having this problem. I solved by changing my SATA configuration in BIOS from IDE to AHCI. After that the system booted fine with iDeneb 1.3.

Fergo

I dont have that option I dont think. Attached is what my BIOS shows me.

post-188883-1222550954_thumb.jpg

After you deleted the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, you booted with the -f -v options?

IYou also tried the VIA-SB only option when you installed?

I would look into the Sata raid option (for the AHCI configuration), but I'm not really sure nforce has that option.

from what i saw in the pics you provided.. Punk32 did a bubu when making it for AMD.. i think :) your best change is with leo4all or zephyroth(hell its made for AMD optimized with AMD juice:) )