[ Driver ] : X19x0 series All ID 10.5.5 : REV 1 out FIX BUG to 10.5.5

empty skull

76 posts in this topic

I had a question that I thought you may be able to help me with empty skull.

I use your driver on my graphics card with an ID of 0x7244, and install the kexts along with the 0x7244 specific kext.

Now, when I initially start the OS, sometimes it goes blue and loads the rest of the OS's GUI. Other times, the screen turns white and goes black. The only way to get it to load the GUI is to do a hard reboot until it loads successfully. I was wondering if you may know what causes this issue? I'd prefer to have it load the GUI each boot instead of every other time. I'm also using a DVI to VGA adapter if that is relevant. Also, I have a TV plugged into the TV out of the card. I'm not sure if the TV-out is working with anyone using this driver? I never had it working.

Either way, I'd appreciate any help you could give.

Hello, I'm using 1900xt (72491002), but while enabling me to use any resolution (thank you for it ;) I still can't use QE. When using Jez drivers I can't use the resolution switch, but the QE works OK.

Some solutions?

(I did a clean install (removed all ATI* files before installing your drivers)

I updated to 10.5.6 yesterday and since then I have lost QE and CI. I have tried the Kext files in your package with no luck so far. I checked to make sure all my AHCI is working and my ICH9 is working. Everything is working as it should except for my video card. I am Running an X1900GT :

VRAM (Total):	256 MB
Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
Device ID:	0x724b
Revision ID:	0x0000
EFI Driver Version:	"01.00.140"

I installed your kexts, and it is still not working yet. Oh and another thing to note, my card shows up as two cards now in slot one. Any thoughts on this?

Edit: I ditched my X1900GT for a NVIDIA 9800GTX+. That card was the weak link in my computers upgrade ability. It is gone and I am loving the new card.

Well, I managed to change my screen resolution from 1280x1024 to 1400x1050 by using the boot.plist file, but still there's no 1680x1050 support? Why is that??? QE works fine.

Here's my info:

ATI Radeon X1900 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1900 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7249

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1400 x 1050

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Well, I managed to change my screen resolution from 1280x1024 to 1400x1050 by using the boot.plist file, but still there's no 1680x1050 support? Why is that??? QE works fine.

Here's my info:

ATI Radeon X1900 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1900 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7249

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1400 x 1050

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry994589

Yeah man, it worked for me!

Had to install the kext's two times - first time, no luck. second time it works flawlessly!

Thanks for your work empty skull!

My system is a Dell Dimension 9150:

Intel P965 chipset, Pentium D 2,6 ghz, 4 gb ram, x1950xtx 512 mb PCIe card, dual 19" lcd, and some random stuff.

Will post a screendump when i find out how to do on a mac! ;)

I installed iAtkos, it was good, but i can't boot into it. Tryed -x -v, still the same.

It loads, and after few minutes monitor just turns off. What to do??! And i hear that it's doing something...

My hardware:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4ghz

VGA: ATi Radeon X1950 Pro (By MSI)

Motherboard: Gigabyte 945P-DS3

Lan: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

RAM: 4 GB DDR2

• 4 weeks later...

I have similar problems. I have a Radeon 9550/X1050 card, vendor 1002 id 4153. I'm running 10.5.6. Using the AGPgart and Nati drivers I can use the system, but OpenGL does not work. VLC gives me a blank screen and SheepShaver starts and stops with nothing on the screen. Mplayer works with an alternate display method, but it is slow.

There are many postings on getting OpenGL and similar things working on this card, but they all reference Tiger (10.4) and obsolete (and in many cases abandoned) drivers.

My only other option is different hardware, which is not something I can currently afford.

Anyone have any ideas besides spend money? I'm in Israel, so all the cheap options (eBay, used cards, etc) don't exist or cost too much.

Thanks,

Geoff.

Hello,

i have a problem with my X1950XTX , ID 7240.

Every Driver i tryed out , also this one end up with a blue screen after Boot , a Mouse Curser and nothing else happend. I search the Forum , find a few guys who have the same problems , but not a single Work Around.

I realy hope u can help me.

Ideneb 10.5.5, ID 7240.

Thanks a lot