Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' Campaign Created with Macs

Technobob

25 posts in this topic

Nothing like showing no confidence in one's own product. :)

Metadata found on Microsoft's creative copy used in its 'I'm a PC' ad reveals that the graphics were actually produced using Macs running Adobe Creative Suite 3. After the details were published on the Flickr photo sharing site, Microsoft scrambled to polish off the embarrassing details last night

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/09..._with_macs.html

Haha, that's great. Man, Microsoft just fails at advertising. You need to have an image before you can expect to improve it.

That's just MSs new ad combined with a somewhat older Mac ad. Not really a response, just 2 ads put together.

I personally don't see the big problem or issue with this though, I could understand if Microsoft said that Apple was garbage and would never trust Apple, but they didn't. Microsoft has always had some ties to Apple software and hardware. First 360 demos were emulated on a Mac. Now, with that though, there's argument to what the full specs of the Mac were. Known was it was G5, but for video card, lot's of discussion. Like, if it's ATI or Nvidia who powered the emulator. ATI couldn't because when the 360 demos were first shown, Apple only had up to the x800 out for the Mac, which the x800 is ps2.0, where the 360 is mainly dx9c(PS3.0), but the nvidia card the 6800 has ps3.0, but doesn't render the same as ATI cards. I just personally don't see this as an issue, and don't see why people make a big deal out of it. The Ad didn't say that they do things the best, they just said that they can do them.

How does that make Microsoft hypocrites? Does that make Mac users who run Windows yet bash Microsoft hypocrites too?

Not Microsoft. The people who bash Windows, but use bootcamp. I was agreeing with you. :whistle:

The only thing I hate about being part of a Mac forum... Typical Mac FlameBoys...

True, but there are the same amount of microsoft flameboys out there. I've never found any reason to argue, I'll just get the best of both worlds. But, there's no need to further the argue at all. If you don't want to get burnt, then don't put gas on the fire.

Microsoft are trying to sell their OS and their software as being the only software you really need. That you can live without using their competitors, but if you so choose, you could still buy from their competitors. But in addition to, not instead of them.

By using their competitor's software, Microsoft are implicitly saying that they don't even have the confidence in their own products to use them instead of using their own competitors' products. Therefore, they are selling you something they wouldn't use themselves.

I don't know about you, but that makes me feel just a little bit like Microsoft just doesn't give a s*** about me. They just want my money, and they're not even prepared to make something that they're happy with using, to sell to me (but they're perfectly happy with me using it).

Thank god for volume licensing huh?

Apple is the same way. Apple couldn't care about anything but money. They're a company, they need to. As for reasons for Microsoft not using their own products, again, Microsoft never said don't use competitors products. All that ad is saying, that Microsoft Operating Systems can do the same things as Apple operating systems. Personally, I've felt that the recent Apple Ads are just attacks on Microsoft, which I don't support. Attacking your competitor with cheap blows, that's not genius or anything.

Apple is the same way. Apple couldn't care about anything but money. They're a company, they need to. As for reasons for Microsoft not using their own products, again, Microsoft never said don't use competitors products. All that ad is saying, that Microsoft Operating Systems can do the same things as Apple operating systems. Personally, I've felt that the recent Apple Ads are just attacks on Microsoft, which I don't support. Attacking your competitor with cheap blows, that's not genius or anything.

Agreed. Microsoft did not once bash Apple in their ad, unlike Apple who bashed PC basically. As for Microsoft not having confidence or whatever in their own product, have you even looked at Apple which contains Boot Camp in every Leopard install for people to run Windows? It is indeed a great feature, but no one can say Microsoft lacks confidence in their own product when Apple does something like this.

I'll stay neutral with all this. I love both companies and without one, the products wouldnt be as good as they are today. Without Microsoft, Apple wouldnt have a great OS like Leopard, and without Apple, Microsoft wouldnt... uh... hopefully be working on a better OS at the moment :)

Someone needs to create on Ad like these for Hackintosh.

The one posted that shows Mac saying "Mac is actually a PC to - it can run windows and windows stuff" ...

Well Our Hackitonsh can run Windows and Mac Stuff .. actually ... we now have both ... PC running Macs and Macs running PCs...

Will be funny to see an Ad like that ... Go guys - Make it !

Well then funny thing is that MS immediately changed metadata information in all photos available on their website regarding recent ads... If there is no problem while using competitors products why to "fake" information about technologies used for production ? :whistle:

One thing to remember in Apple's Mac vs PC ads is that Apple NEVER mentions M$. Its always "PC".

Apple doesn't care if you use Windows, they just want to make sure that you use it on a Mac! :(

PS This is simply more evidence that Apple is still a hardware company :censored2:

One thing to remember in Apple's Mac vs PC ads is that Apple NEVER mentions M$. Its always "PC".

Apple doesn't care if you use Windows, they just want to make sure that you use it on a Mac! :(

PS This is simply more evidence that Apple is still a hardware company :censored2:

LOL man i have something really mean to say but i wont.

Anyways

1st Almost all of them mention microsoft. Here is one of the many that mention vista http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4FF_aT_mE8

2nd Apple runs intel, chips, dell wireless cards, intel chipsets, branded hard drives. They actually make nothing but the software... and outsource all of there other {censored} to china.

Stop being so ignorant and dont get all your information from more ill informed people. Try google once in a while...

Yeah but they are funny, usually very untrue but very funny. Its just unfortunate that stupid people think they are true.

Someone needs to create on Ad like these for Hackintosh.

The one posted that shows Mac saying "Mac is actually a PC to - it can run windows and windows stuff" ...

Well Our Hackitonsh can run Windows and Mac Stuff .. actually ... we now have both ... PC running Macs and Macs running PCs...

Will be funny to see an Ad like that ... Go guys - Make it !

Oh, I always wanted to make one if I have time. Please let me know if someone actually did it before that.

I'll stay neutral with all this. I love both companies and without one, the products wouldnt be as good as they are today. Without Microsoft, Apple wouldnt have a great OS like Leopard, and without Apple, Microsoft wouldnt... uh... hopefully be working on a better OS at the moment :D

I agree, best tool for the job, which is why i run both and have ever since the first apple power pc 90mhz :) , but there are things i both love and hate about each OS....

to get back on topic, i was just reading about the latest microsoft ads being created with CS3 on a mac, on another website.. it speaks volumes, infer what you will but at the very least this is pretty comical that microsoft wouldn't use their own expression web and a pc... I realize that not all companies do their own marketing but....

we'll see what microsoft comes up with on their new os when/if its released in 2010, supposedly built from the ground up this time.... and how it compares to snowleopard

Apple doesn't care if you use Windows, they just want to make sure that you use it on a Mac! :)

PS This is simply more evidence that Apple is still a hardware company ;)

Wrong.

The Mac Vs PC Ad that has the yoga instructor has said that Vista screwed something up. Not all the Ads attack windows, but some do.

2nd Apple runs intel, chips, dell wireless cards, intel chipsets, branded hard drives. They actually make nothing but the software... and outsource all of there other {censored} to china.

Stop being so ignorant and dont get all your information from more ill informed people. Try google once in a while...

Yeah but they are funny, usually very untrue but very funny. Its just unfortunate that stupid people think they are true.

In reference to your second point I would like to point out that arguing that Apple doesn't make it own hardware because they use Intel CPU's, Intel Chipsets, Branded Hard drives and "Dell Wireless Card" (Which I would like proof of) is {censored}, name any major computer company that manufactures most of their own hardware (Dell for example uses Intel CPU's, Intel Chipsets, Branded Hard drives, etc). Even in the PPC era Apple still used SiS chipsets, broadcom wireless cards and had Foxconn put it all together for them(yes, the same dudes who manufacture M$'s xbox). So trying to say now that they arn't a hardware company is bull {censored}, its like saying that Sun Micro doesn't have its own hardware division, even thou they sell their own workstations. That being said apple still designs their own motherboard even thou Asus is a major partner. So stop being arrogant and calling people ignorant, because you sir are being an {censored}.

good night and good luck

There is no computer company that makes everything on their own. The most they do, is they assemble and manufactor the pieces together. Well really, no company really can't make everything. That would mean everything. Sure, they can make video cards by having ATI or Nvidia supplying the GPU and reference board, but they aren't making the pieces needed still. If apple is a software company, then that means Dell is a software company, HP, Compaq, any computer manufactor.