which 9800gt works best (flawless)

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a 9800GT working perfectly, if so which one did you get?

In Perth, Australia I am only able to access the Gigabyte, MSI, Galaxy, Inno3D and Leadteck Brands.

prices start from $169 (AUD) MSI/Inno3d.Galaxy to 199(AUD) Gigabyte?

Opinions / Experience welcome :-)

As far as the 9800GT goes, I have not seen much to show the difference between the 8800GT. Personally I would go with the 8800GT as it is almost the same card, and there is a ton of support on this forum for it.

However, if you are stuck with the 9800GT any of those brands will do the trick. Personally I have had the best luck with EVGA and BFG. I have had 75% good luck with ASUS and XFX. However, both ASUS and XFX had great RMA support. In the end I came out on top.

• 2 weeks later...

im looking at buying a pair of 9800GT's as well. i dont want to go with the 8800's, i'd rather be up to date with the 9000 series. i know theres support for the 9800GTX edition, but what about just plain old 9800GT? the 9800GTX needs GFX strings to work correctly. anyone have the GFX strings for a 9800GT or know how to make them? i have NVkush installed right now. maybe my video card will work as soon as i plug it in? i'd like to keep both video cards in as i also run SLI in windows XP. my old setup wouldnt let me have 2 video cards in. it would cause a kernel panic in Leopard startup

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
As far as the 9800GT goes, I have not seen much to show the difference between the 8800GT. Personally I would go with the 8800GT as it is almost the same card, and there is a ton of support on this forum for it.

However, if you are stuck with the 9800GT any of those brands will do the trick. Personally I have had the best luck with EVGA and BFG. I have had 75% good luck with ASUS and XFX. However, both ASUS and XFX had great RMA support. In the end I came out on top.

hey I got 3 option in nVidia 9800gt which one should i buy???

- EVGA

- XFX

- Palit

tell me best Brand of above...which works flawlessly with OSX Hackintosh.

8800GT and 9800GT are exactly the same card, with a different name.

So get the cheaper one, it doesn't matter. Watch out for eBay though, as the first generation of 8800GT made a lot of heat. The right ones are those with G92 chips.

As for brands, all that change is warranty and cooler design.