Windows Applications With Wine + X11 (10.4.1 - .3)

145 posts in this topic

No news from me about wine...

However for people that can't install wine using the package, I've prepared a tarball.

Decompress the tarball somewhere...

Install X11 (if you don't have it yet)

Copy the files under MyRoot into your tiger-x86 hard disk

then using a root account start one of the file inside Resources.

here is the url http://xoomer.virgilio.it/dpeddi/Darwine x86-Installer_0.1.1.tar.gz

Thats all

E.

You can try this, http://www.von-thadden.de/Joachim/WineTools/, under linux works, but due to license of M$ Products I will not release a wine image with ie6 installed.

Eddi

How, where would you install Winetools on this build? Could you post some simple direction? I have been fiddling with it for a day or so without luck.

BigDog

OK folks, someone got PearPC working!!! :(

PearPC.net

An image:

*Image removed to save space*

I am the person (Hardcode) who uploaded that image to PearPC.net. Others mentioned that we should keep the thread on topic, so if anyone wants to know how I did it, please PM me.

Hi all,

anarkhos, if you're still reading this thread, I'm just wondering if you could clarify:

To get these things working, just set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH search path and use the X11 driver.

I know that I'm not the only one not completely sure what you mean by this. Are you referring to a wine regedit configuration, or setting an environment variable, or something else entirely? And what is the correct path that this should be set to?

Thanks for any help,

Corona

Hi all,

anarkhos, if you're still reading this thread, I'm just wondering if you could clarify:

I know that I'm not the only one not completely sure what you mean by this. Are you referring to a wine regedit configuration, or setting an environment variable, or something else entirely? And what is the correct path that this should be set to?

Thanks for any help,

Corona

It's OS X's equivalent to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. For example, if you set it to /usr/X11R6/lib/ OpenGL and D3D should work. google ld_library_path and wine:

click

Also, as I said before, this will fix those freetype errors too.

Just pick up all those LD_LIBRARY_PATH tips from google and use DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH instead. This is well known in the WINE community.

Just pick up all those LD_LIBRARY_PATH tips from google and use DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH instead. This is well known in the WINE community.

ah ha, thanks. I'd tried googling DYLD... and found nothing, this explains it.

Cheers,

Corona

I got mirc to work, but partypoker.net didn't work. The installer froze winehelper, and I get the following error when trying to launch it:

fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_Load Trying to load GIF, but no support for libgif/libungif compiled in.

Any ideas?

Justin

can anyone tell me why i keep getting

wineserver: could not save registry branch to /Users/curtis/.wine/system.reg : Permission denied
wineserver: could not save registry branch to /Users/curtis/.wine/userdef.reg : Permission denied
wineserver: could not save registry branch to /Users/curtis/.wine/user.reg : Permission denied