[Guide + Control Center] Leopard 10.5.4 - Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L/DS3R/DS3P/DS4

~pcwiz

85 posts in this topic

^ I can't get microphone or line in working on my DS3R either!!!! It's very annoying. I've tried this control center, I've tried manually dragging the 889a dump file onto HGAPatcher, nothing works. I can see the input level spiking in the Audio preference pane, but I just don't hear anything.

Does ANYONE have line in/mic working with the DS3R?

I'm fairly new at this and I'm stuck. I have a gigabyte ga-ep35-ds3l, e6600, 3870, 320gb WD HD and trying to install 10.5.1 kalyway. I get everything installed up to the reboot point and i get the green checkmark. I then reboot and it acts like its loading for 10-15 seconds, then hangs. Now I know some people are saying it can take up to 2-3 min, but i waited 15 and got nothing. I then booted -v to watch it and the first time it got hung on the ethernet prompt with the mDNSresponder..... waited 10 min and nothing. Reboot #2, -v -x, get all the way through and now its getting hung up on "apple USBUHC I [0x9565000] transition past completion deadline on pos 0x5a, timing out", waited 15 min, reboot #3, -v, stuck same place as the first time. Everything is set up MBR. Thanks in advance.

mrogers

Yeah this sucks big time, and I think PCwiz here very rarely.

I cant seems to find any solution for this so far! Please let me know if u can get it to work.

I guess the coaxal jacks are not mapped properly.

The headphones are working actually

pcwiz, in your guide you stated to make sure that the SATA mode needs to be set to AHCI. When I did this, my computer would not boot up past the Windows loading screen and instead went to a blue screen for a quick moment and restarts, doing this in an infinite loop. Any idea what would fix that?

it's been a while since i did an hackintosh install and i did look it up (and reburned my dvds) but anyone know how to get by the "cannot find apple.boot.plist" or whatever it's called? i am using disk utility to burn my dvds and i am not sure if this is the best way. help is much appreciated! :rolleyes:

pcwiz, in your guide you stated to make sure that the SATA mode needs to be set to AHCI. When I did this, my computer would not boot up past the Windows loading screen and instead went to a blue screen for a quick moment and restarts, doing this in an infinite loop. Any idea what would fix that?

cedness,

Since it sounds like you are trying to boot back into windows with the board set to AHCI mode this means that you do not have the drivers installed in Windows for AHCI. You can google this but here is a link to how to install AHCI after your OS is installed.

http://www.theacerguy.com/2008/06/16/how-t...xp-in-ide-mode/

Good luck

Dora

Hi and thanks a lot, ~pcwiz. After a few failed tries I finally have a working Hack. I got a question, though, since my 45µm E7200 is driving the clock crazy with the Vanilla Kernel.

Can I change this 10.5.4 kernel, installed with the Mac OS update, for the Mobdin patched one, using your control center? Is it safe or should I reinstall once more?

Edit: I tried and it works.

hi. great guide, i made a donation : )

just have 1 issue with the sound,

using a GA EP45 DS3R

i followed the guide to the letter, and using the Control Center App i installed the 889A audio codec.

in the system audio is sort of detected (Intel High Def Audio) but there are no available devices to play from.

Any ideas for fixing the audio?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I have a litlle issue here. I don't understand why. After installing Mac OS Kalyway 10.5.1 (following how to)

My config is:

- core 2 duo 1.8 ghz

- 4GB of ram

- 1 sata with 320 GB

- nvidia 8600 GT with 256MB

Mac Os boot but stop after oscpd.

Any help please.

Thank you for your help.

nb:

My disk is parrtionned like this:

1st Vista 64 bits -> 120 GB

2nb MacOs -> 60 GB

3rd FAT32 -> 120 GB

solved:

In fact, Kalyway 10.5.1 has no graphic driver for Nvidia 8600 GT.

I was able to boot without selectionned driver.

Thanks for your How To

Hi

I succesfuly installed from retail dvd using boot-132 method on my GA-G33M-DS2R mobo (C2D E6600, all SATA AHCI) and updated to 10.5.4 (ComboUpdater from Apple) and apllied drivers using ~pcwiz's Control Center (tried other guides too - thysm00, weaksauce12, karaakeha1, LTL, iAtkos_v4)

Everything seemed to work, but I noticed that DVD drive stoped respond after few minutes with disk in it.

How can I resolve that issue?

hi. great guide, i made a donation : )

just have 1 issue with the sound,

using a GA EP45 DS3R

i followed the guide to the letter, and using the Control Center App i installed the 889A audio codec.

in the system audio is sort of detected (Intel High Def Audio) but there are no available devices to play from.

Any ideas for fixing the audio?

Thanks.

Try uninstall and then reinstall the driver again. It should work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great Job :wacko:

I read your pdf guide, I'm not sure about my E5200 can support the vanila kernerl or not? Need I change to the cpu that support vanila, I noticed the list of compatible component on ox86 Wiki only E6550 E6650 E6750 E6850 support vanila. Does that mean my E5200 have unpredictable problem in the future?

• 2 weeks later...

Great job PCWIZ. Can't wait to try the 10.5.4 update. I have been running your 10.5.2 flawlessly for the last months.

By the way, any plans for a 10.5.5 update any soon? If so I might just wait for that and do it all at once. Thanks PCWIZ.

• 2 weeks later...