Apple Red theme release

281 posts in this topic

To: Schorschl

I am grateful to you that you attempted to help me though you yourself could not get enough help.

Thanks to you, I got the "translucentdarkmenubar"(find it in this thread) working.

I followed all the steps that you told me except that I did not know what you meant by system cache, so I cleared /System/Library/Caches.

As you know, there is not much that I know with which I can help you. All I can say is delete the files(SArtfile.bin and Extras2) first and copy the new ones instead of replacing them. Wish you luck!!

Did you find the reason why they were not working before, Schorschl?

Go to system preferences>>appearances>>appearances>>blue instead of graphite

maybe the whole "first delete and then paste" and not just replacing was the trick.

I switched to graphic in the appearance prefpane because i dont want to have blue background when i select an item in the meubar, thats fine (even though all close and minimize buttons are graphite now) but the style of the buttons is strange. this glossy curve itself isn't there normally...

btw, does anybody knowwhere to get inverted menu bar icons for battery+percentage and twitter and pathfinder, or a good tutorial? <-edit: done

yes inverting works fine for ceveral apps, but i can't find the menubar icon of e.g. vuze (ex azureus) or pathfinder within the package content. and i don't know how to invert the percentage of battery status.

AND this damn button style s****. :wacko:

post-356426-1233253390_thumb.png

but the rest is nice

post-356426-1233253586_thumb.jpg

well, I just copied more or less what this guy was doing: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rprathap/3190...ol-87689304@N00

for the stats on the desk he used geektool (prefpane app) and he mentioned all the rest in the comments. if you have any questions left just let me know.

and yes I have verified your link (works fine), and i have read through this thread from the beginning. I don't get your hint, because I already inverted the menubar items (not all of them but the less tricky ones).

This is my first leopard theme I made and really only mods the menu bar as I know many people wanted a dark menu bar so here it is :thumbsup_anim:

menurm5.png

menu1rp4.png

[Note::If you have transparent menu bar disable it to see the new one]

Download below

Read the readme to install

Apple_Red.zip

Is it possible to switch the black bar to white and its text to red?

Thx

I dont know. But to me system pref>>appearances>>graphite looks sobre. Changing colour would make sense only when you learn to colour the window as well.

I dont know. But to me system pref>>appearances>>graphite looks sobre. Changing colour would make sense only when you learn to colour the window as well.

I don't just mean color, or just the buttons but the bar in general...is it something you would have to change for every program or is their a default setting somewhere that we could change?

• 3 weeks later...
Nice I'm glade to see that I have inspired some to make their own. I can make a tutorial if you guys need one it is rather easy to do.

How are you doing that??? I've been searching for options to change my Leopard theme for 2 days and 2 nights. I found the most beautiful themes but can't use them......

Can anyone give the step by step? I'm new to mac, and know very little (honestly nothing) about the terminal stuff etc.... I was very impressed with this one: http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8726/picture1uw6.png

Can a newbie Belgium girl as for some help here???

Just want to be able to change the title bars, menu bars etc... Icons are no problem.

Please???

Thanks

Elke

Belgium

U know the answers to both your questions are in this thread... and if you read them and see some other questions that people have asked and the answers they were given you will understand things more. there are locations to where to find things and instructions to how to change them. Just takes some reading. No one wants to type over the same thing to answer the same questions over and over, you know what I mean? :thumbsup_anim:

hmm.. where is these set of icons locate in, i can't find it anywhere in menu extras ..

post-23385-1233978514_thumb.png

How are you doing that??? I've been searching for options to change my Leopard theme for 2 days and 2 nights. I found the most beautiful themes but can't use them......

Can anyone give the step by step? I'm new to mac, and know very little (honestly nothing) about the terminal stuff etc.... I was very impressed with this one: http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8726/picture1uw6.png

Can a newbie Belgium girl as for some help here???

Just want to be able to change the title bars, menu bars etc... Icons are no problem.

Please???

Thanks

Elke

Belgium

any by chance have a reversed .menu icon for audieee4wind?

also, what program is being used for the white temperature reading?

EDIT: did a adjust colors with leopard preview took black slider all the way to right, white slider all the way to left...and presto! white image...will try with time machine next

...here it is for those using it to switch on the msi wind.

statusMenuwhite.tiff audiee4wind

Icon for Evernote: install in evernote package contents/evernote helper package contents/

extrasicon.tiff

Hello everyone!

First of all, thanks for all the help with this thread. I'd quite some fun making my own theme.

Has anyone managed to alter the Finders colors as well? I changed it all, except when I go to my finder, it still obeys the Aqua theme colors. The selected item is still somehow blue, although everywhere else it has changed as I wanted it to. Am I doing something wrong? I tried killAll, restart.. nothing seems to work. =/

• 4 weeks later...

sorry folks, but I searched this whole thread and couldn't find any info on how to change the font to white in the menu bar.

I installed the two files from the "translucentdarkmenubar.zip", set my menu bar to non-transparent and logged out/in. The font's still black.

any advise?

thanks in advance!