Apple Red theme release

281 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really loved this thread, finally I have my desktop as I always wanted. :D

I'm using the Black Transparent Menu Bar with white Icons, which looks great!

Is there any way to change the I8kfan GUI icon in the menu bar? Make the numbers white o remove them? or any other good Temp Control that can blend with the Dark Menu Bar?

post-270579-1243638006_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

Hello all!

I think I've mentioned it before, but I just love this topic so much! I've managed to make my leopard exactly as I wanted, and all my hard work (altering the zillion files from extras2 took me forever) was worth it.

One thing still bothering me, though.. on finder, where it shows Devices, Places.. does anyone know how to change the background color and the selected item color? I've changed my style to graphite for it works a little better with the colors I've chosen, but still.. I'd like it to be the same color I've picked for the rest of my selected items.

Either way, thank you so much! And I'm sorry if my question was answered before, but I tried researching before, and came up with nothing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey this looks pretty good in all the screenshots. I had no idea that my mac desktop could be customized so much until a couple of minutes ago, actually. Just a quick question though, what did I do wrong in the process of installing the first red/black menu bar, that would result in my computer failing to boot after restarting it? I'm stuck at a blue screen that flashes light and dark, and the only significant thing I did to it was alter the system files like the readme said. I'm stuck using xp now...help!

• 3 weeks later...
does those themes still work in snow leopard ?

I've tried blacktranslucidmenu in snow and it kills everything, finder won't load anymore, system preferences crashes, etc. I don't think i've done something wrong since i've done flawlessly with leo. However it tooks me two minutes to reload my back up files.

Nevertheless, it's sad that it doesn't works in snow. (for me).

I've thought to make it myself with Themepark (it's supposed to be snow capable), however i don't know how to change the font color to white. (silk don't works and i hate their 10$ remind popup, and i don't know if tinkertool be the way to go, so I would like to change it manually, but again i don't know how).

Edit: the SArtFile.bin was the one that was giving me some problems, the extras2.rcrc works. It seems that the index numbers in SArtFile are not the same in snow. I use this instead and it works.

SArtFile.bin.zip

post-317524-1258332645_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

@phoenix789

dude! i did the same thing and pretty much the exact samething happened to me. never really had issues with OSX (any of them, even though i left for awhile at the beginning of leopard). But man i just got a new mb and was doing all the little setups and i came across this and was like "i want this" did the install, log out log in, BOOM zombie finder and everything jacked. to put the icing on the cake, my OSX 10.6 disc got messed; hadn't setup time machine yet; but its a good thing there was at least migration.

anyways enough of that rant since everything is back to normal for the most part.

btw the files you upped, are what gave you the current end result for the screen cap you upped also? i'm just a little nervous now, any feedback would be awesome (especially those confirming what you upped worked alright for them also).

and last i'm diggin your setup. i PM'd you some questions also (didnt wanna thread jack).

@pinoystarr

Yes the file i've upload work's for me. I can't guarantée that it will work for you. Use it at your own risk. And don't came jelling to me if something goes wrong. I just put it there in case of someone would like to give it a shot and specialy to remember where i can pick it up again if i need it in the future.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i have a problem with modding my menu bar. i have tried many mod's and different programs but the result is the sme. when i use dark themes in menu bar the test's are still in black. anyone knows a fix to this? i really appreciate any comments.

captured the screen in attachment.

cap.tiff

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have gotten the dock popup windows the way I want them to display- as long as you don't click and hold. I have a red outline around the window and red highlights on selection. However on the "Quit, Hide, Options" selection when you click and hold, I have no red edges and a blue highlight. ;)

If you know where these pieces are or where the color index is for the dock, please let me know!

post-368738-1287437039_thumb.png

post-368738-1287437056_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Huge problem, new to the site and I change my menu bar to the black transparent theme, I am running snow leopard, when I did this I think it changed all my fonts to white so now I cant see and font in my finder window, so basically Im blind looking for files. How do I change this please help!!!!