DFE's BOOT-132 Resources Thread

sonotone

152 posts in this topic

Here is a boot cd for Acer Travelmate 5620.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zwyjgwwhhz5

Includes NVinject with propper settings for internal and external monitor.

Also includes DSDT.aml and boot loader with DSDT override for hdd installation.

Please check the README.

Note: Wireless lan is not part of the image, but can be installed afterwards. See README.

Included kexts:

- the default stuff

- NVinjectGO for Geforce Go 7300

For notebook based on Intel 945 chipset and graphics gma950

with support for battery.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fm41oygtvg5

This works great on my Toshiba A105-S4054

I just need to find an easy way to setup booting from the hard drive.

The only things I had to add after installing was sound (alc861), ethernet (intelpro100/ve).

After updating with Apples software update I just needed to re-install sound drivers (up to 10.5.5).

Updating to 10.5.6 with this kills my keyboard, touch pad, sound, network(wired & wireless(have to use a usb keyboard to input).

*** Update Aug 08th, 2009 *** updating to 10.5.8 works out of the box, no matter if you use the combo updater or the built-in auto update, but I also experienced an issue with running dual monitors (see below in Notes section)

*** Update June 15th, 2009 *** now with 10.5.7 flavor

Boot 132 CD's for Gigabyte EP35-DS3

Gigabyte EP35-DS3 Specifications

• Intel P35 / ICH9 Chipset / 7.1 Audio (ALC889A)

Complete specifications »here«

What's so special with this Gigabyte Board?

• Intel P35 chipset
  • supports sleep out of the box
  • ethernet works out of the box
  • vanilla kernel runs flawless
  • requires very few patches to make compatible to Apple's specs (AHCI patch and ALC 889a Audio only)
  • very cheap!

What's new with these Boot 132 disks as of June 2009?

• NOW improved for Leopard 10.5.7 (and also works with 10.5.8 without issues)
  • NEW AHCI support for ICH9 and ICH10 included w/ orange drive icons fix (thx chamelon team and netkas)
  • NEW Wi-Fi support for lots of third party Wi-Fi cards with Broadcom 43xx chips (like Buffalo AirStation WLI2-PCI-G54S) (thx macsmart)
  • NEW and legacy kext for AppleHDA.kext in 10.5.7++ - means native support, no kernel panics (thx tmongkol)
  • NEW no installation crashes in user mode with EA Games' Spore or ADOBE Creative Suite 2
  • NEW Time Machine via 3rd party Firewire PCI card
  • NEW 100% EPOS I. compliant.
  • NEW AppleTyMCEDriver.kext native support (means natively disabled by unsuccesful probing ;-) so no kernel panics because system runs as "myMek" not as "MacPro4,1" anymore (thx to netkas)

Notes

• 100% SlimBuild-Preboot compliant (find SlimBuild Creator »here«)
  • Support for ATI graphic cards (Netkas' Natit for Radeon HD 3870×2, 3870, 3850 , 2600pro, 2600XT)
  • Support for nVIDIA graphic cards (Natit, taken from Sonotone's image, tested with Gigaybyte GeForce 7600GT)
  • Psystar's OpenHaltRestart.kext included
  • Psystar's AppleDecrypt.kext (some people say it is faster than dsmos.kext)
  • Sleep/Reboot/Vanilla all working like a charm***
  • *** well there are issues if you are using two monitors (two displays, two tft, whatever), sleep will not work then! Until now I could not determine if this is a hackintosh phenomenon resulting from Netkas' video drivers that I am using or if this is an Apple issue (there are threads on the Apple forum discussing dual screen issues aswell, see here.)

BIOS Settings:

• Required: Integrated Peripherals -> SATA AHCI Mode => ENABLED (!)
  • this has to be enabled now to circumvent "still waiting for root device" (thanx 2 nameless2k)

Known issues:

• static IP required for ethernet adapter, DHCP works, but after sleep, ethernet is broken, simply do a manual configuration, not manual DHCP configuration
  • Legacy Audio is supported from 10.5.2 upwards, if using 10.5.0 or 10.5.1 Retail Install DVD you will not have sound in the welcome intro after first reboot!

Recommendations for a better life without hassle

• Install Leopard with ONLY the DVD Drive and the harddisk connected
  • Disconnect all other drives while installation
  • Get a Leopard RETAIL copy from a store. There are some mislabled copies of Leopard (like 10.5.4) on the net that will NOT work, although REAL retail 10.5.4 does.
  • If anything doesn't work (like installation issues) try to repair disk permissions first (Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility.app -> repair disk permissions) and then try again
  • take a whole harddisk for Leo, don't fool around with different operating systems on one harddrive, this 50$ harddrive is an investment into hassle free and time saving installations, believe me and millions of other insanelymac folks...

Downloads

Feedback about experiences and issues much appreciated :-)

I appreciate modifications to support the rest of the Gigabyte boards (like EP35-DS3R, EP35-DS3L, EP45-DSxyz and so on). Included mkext can easily be unpacked using this simple command:

mkextunpack -d /path/to/unpack/the/kexts /source/of/Extensions.mkext

Enjoy the summer sunshine, Snow Kitty is coming ;)

x!mekon

**** NOTE June 15th, 2009 ****

The Boot 132 disks below don't support updating to 10.5.7, don't use them anymore.

• based on Sonotone's EP35-DS3R
  • minor mods
  • Note to Legacy Audio: is supported from 10.5.2, if using 10.5.0 or 10.5.1 retail install DVD you will not have sound in the welcome intro after first reboot!

• 100% SlimBuild-Preboot compliant (Galaxy: nice work!)

• Support for ATI graphic cards (Netkas' Natit for Radeon HD 3870×2, 3870, 3850 , 2600pro, 2600XT)
  • Support for nVIDIA graphic cards (Natit, taken from Sonotone's image, tested with Gigaybyte GeForce 7600GT)
  • OpenHaltRestart.kext included
  • AppleDecrypt.kext (instead of dsmos.kext)

• Sleep/Reboot/Vanilla all working like a charm

BIOS Settings (added dec 31, 2008):

• Required: Integrated Peripherals -> SATA AHCI Mode => Disabled
  • Required: Peripherals -> SATA Port0-1 Native Mode => Disabled
  • Recommended: Advanced BIOS Features -> First Boot Device => CD Rom
  • Recommended: Advanced BIOS Features -> Second Boot Device => Hard Disk

Known issues:

• static IP required for ethernet adapter, DHCP works, but after sleep, ethernet is broken, simply do a manual configuration, not manual DHCP configuration
  • [update] installation of EA Games' SPORE lets your system crash. Known workaround: installation only works in safe mode, boot from Darwin with -x as boot parameter and install SPORE. I am currently investigating in this issue to present a better solution soon. (added jan 02, 2009)
  • [update] installation of Adobe Creative Suite 2 lets the system crash. Known workaround: installation works in safe mode. Best would be to update to a newer CS version. CS2 is full of bugs anyway. (added jan 03, 2009)

Recommendations for a better life without hassle

• Install Leopard with ONLY the DVD Drive and the harddisk connected
  • Disconnect all other drives while installation
  • If anything doesn't work (like installation issues) try to repair disk permissions first (Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility.app -> repair disk permissions) and then try again
  • take a whole harddisk for Leo, don't fool araound with different operating systems on one harddrive, this 50$ harddrive is an investment into hassle free and time saving installations, believe me

Downloads

Feedback about experiences and bugs much appreciated :-)

Merry chrismas and a happy and successful new year to all of you :-)

- based on Sonotone's EP35-DS3R

- minor mods

- Note to Legacy Audio: is supported from 10.5.2, if using 10.5.0 or 10.5.1 retail install DVD you will not have sound in the welcome intro after first reboot!

- 100% SlimBuild-Preboot (Galaxy: nice work!)

- Support for ATI graphic cards (Netkas' Natit for Radeon HD 3870×2, 3870, 3850 , 2600pro, 2600XT)

- Support for nVIDIA graphic cards (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Natit"" target="_blank">Natit</a>, taken from Sonotone's image, tested with Gigaybyte GeForce 7600GT)

- OpenHaltRestart included

- Sleep/Reboot/Vanilla all working like a charm

- known issue: static IP required for ethernet adapter, DHCP works, but after sleep, ethernet is broken

- simply do a manual configuration, not manual DHCP configuration

- Feedback appreciated :-)

http://rapidshare.com/files/177074082/Slim...5-DS3_-_ATI.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/177075089/Slim...S3_-_NVIDIA.zip

And merry chrismas

sounds good.

Why to not merge both on single ISO with graphic selector?

Sonotone, I like your images a lot. And I like the idea of multiboot images, but I find it more complicated to overview. I prefer specialized solutions for each motherboard or laptop type and so on. But this is my opinion only:

Using a multiboot image

[+] only one image for all possible configurations

[-] having to choose the appropriate configuration each time you boot

[-] no standard afaik (in comparison to Galaxy's SlimBuild Creator)

Using a SlimBuild-standard image

[-] highly specialized image

[+] compliant to the SlimBuild-Preboot standard, which might have advantages here or there

Anyway, bien de choses d'allegemagne a france, xi :-)

p.s. are there any compliancy rules yet for multiboot-images? I haven't seen any scripts or tools for this task.

Please describe content and what is working/not working with this ISO, then i'll include it in first post.

in response to DG35EC .. put bios in AHCI mode no ide. slipttees made a guide for this board under "how to" section

Sonotone, I like your images a lot. And I like the idea of multiboot images, but I find it more complicated to overview. I prefer specialized solutions for each motherboard or laptop type and so on. But this is my opinion only:

Using a multiboot image

[+] only one image for all possible configurations

[-] having to choose the appropriate configuration each time you boot

[-] no standard afaik (in comparison to Galaxy's SlimBuild Creator)

Using a SlimBuild-standard image

[-] highly specialized image

[+] compliant to the SlimBuild-Preboot standard, which might have advantages here or there

Anyway, bien de choses d'allegemagne a france, xi :-)

p.s. are there any compliancy rules yet for multiboot-images? I haven't seen any scripts or tools for this task.

Yes, i understand and agree your point of view. But in some cases, differents .mkext are needed for the same hardware.

Example with my lappy: since the 10.5.6 update, we need different PS2 injector. I found more productive to add both mkext versions in one ISO, instead of creating 2 ISOs.

You can also create one ISO for you all computers, different boot scenarios... so i find it very flexible.

And last note, the standard pre-exist to Slimbuild: it was created by david elliott, the only thing added is the original boot file patched by munky to allow custom kernel.

SlimBuild-Preboot initrd can be merged with graphic selector:

- copy yours initrd in graphic ISO folder, edit ISOLINUX.CFG to create/edit/remove menu entries.

- copy "boot" file from slimbuild preboot if you use a custom kernel or boot.plist

- create folder on your desktop called MKIso, and copy ISO content in it

- then you'll find a file called MKIT.SH: just drop it in terminal and it will build your ISO.

Download and take a look on this one to see how it works: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3mvzghmwym0

Yes, i understand and agree your point of view. But in some cases, differents .mkext are needed for the same hardware.

Example with my lappy: since the 10.5.6 update, we need different PS2 injector. I found more productive to add both mkext versions in one ISO, instead of creating 2 ISOs.

You can also create one ISO for you all computers, different boot scenarios... so i find it very flexible.

And last note, the standard pre-exist to Slimbuild: it was created by david elliott, the only thing added is the original boot file patched by munky to allow custom kernel.

It is indeed very flexible. Right. For my own systems I could use a dual-boot system, aswell. Anyway,my view was from the view of a user who is just getting into this OSX86 thing. I wanted to make it as easy as possible and decided for separated images therefore.

SlimBuild-Preboot initrd can be merged with graphic selector:

- copy yours initrd in graphic ISO folder, edit ISOLINUX.CFG to create/edit/remove menu entries.

- copy "boot" file from slimbuild preboot if you use a custom kernel or boot.plist

- create folder on your desktop called MKIso, and copy ISO content in it

- then you'll find a file called MKIT.SH: just drop it in terminal and it will build your ISO.

Download and take a look on this one to see how it works: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3mvzghmwym0

Thanks I'll definitly have a look into it. Could you integrate this into the SlimBuild creator?

• 2 weeks later...
You can install the Retail Leopard DVD by booting it up with a grub-dfe boot-132 disc. Install with the boot-132 disc, then place that mkext file into the /Extra/ directory. Also make sure u apply the DSDT patch (~pcwiz made a very easy GUI tool for that 2-3 days ago) so u can update.

For noobs who might be following this thread, we now know that you do not need the DSDT patch in order to install the 10.5.6 update, that was just for the betas.

RJ, thank you for all the info on the Gigabyte GA-EP45C-UD3R board. Just replaced an ASUS P5W and following these threads made it easy! Doing the Boot-132 option now.

I have an asus P5K Deluxe, and none of the iso's listed at the beginning of this thread work. I can burn them, but they either just don't boot, or they give me a checksum error. What am I doing wrong? I have been trying to make a Hackintosh for quite some time, this looked like it would be the ticket, but I don't know.

P5K Deluxe

Q6600 @ 2.4GHz

8GB 800 MHz

250GB

G5 Tower as my Case

Hi,

I can't download the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4_ISO ISO-File : http://www.mediafire.com/?0g8v3pxntz4.

After clicking on "start download" comes an message: The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

Can someone please upload it again?

Many Thanks,

chrisge

Hi

I've made a package for the EP45-UD3R/UD3P

it's contains the following kekts:

non standard kexts:

AppleDecrypt

Disabler

OpenHaltRestart

SMBIOSResolver

HDAEnabler

Natit

Legacy kexts (only info.plist)

LegacyAppleAHCIPort

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage

LegacyHDAController

LegacyHDAPlatformDriver

any suggestions/comments?

should i add/remove something to/from my package?

Attached the kekts and the Extensions.mkext

I can add an iso if somebody need.

Extensions.mkext.zip

Boot_132_Kekts.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I've made a package for the EP45-UD3R/UD3P

it's contains the following kekts:

non standard kexts:

AppleDecrypt

Disabler

OpenHaltRestart

SMBIOSResolver

HDAEnabler

Natit

Legacy kexts (only info.plist)

LegacyAppleAHCIPort

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage

LegacyHDAController

LegacyHDAPlatformDriver

any suggestions/comments?

should i add/remove something to/from my package?

Attached the kekts and the Extensions.mkext

I can add an iso if somebody need.

This would be really usefull and nice :angel:

I gived all the links in the first post to make you own ISO.

I did give it a shot. It wasn't entirely clear to me what to do with the .mkext - should that also go in the Extensions folder? I ended up with a kernel panic doing that when I tried to get the retail DVD to boot...

Given my difficulties getting a boot132 disk to work (not clear why my experience has been so vastly different from others with the same MB) I ended up using another approach (link). Thanks to everyone for the help. Notably, the grub-dfe.iso did allow me to boot without issue...