DFE's BOOT-132 Resources Thread

sonotone

152 posts in this topic

is it Possible to some efistrings on a boot iso?? IF yes how?

Thanks in advance?

Nope, efi strings are copied in com.apple.boot.plist file. It should be possible (i guess) by modifying file's path in chameleon sources, but i don't know if it's really possible.

Download Chameleon sources then look into stringTables.c

EP35-DS3R ISO:

Extensions.mkext contents:

- AppleACPIPS2Nub

- AppleAHCIPort

- AppleDecrypt

- ApplePS2Controller

- Disabler

- HDAEnabler

- IOAHCIFamily

- IOATAFamily

- IONetworkingFamily

- JMicronATA

- OpenHaltRestart

- LegacyHDAController

- LegacyHDAPlatformDriver

- Natit

- RealtekR1000

- SMBIOSEnabler

Working: NV Graphics - Sound - Time Machine - PS2 devices - Sata/IDE/AHCI - Sleep - Restart/Shutdown with Vanilla kernel - Bonjour

Not working: ---

EP35-DS3R ISO's Menu:

p1010489pi8.th.jpgthpix.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0gtttex5czn

upd2: got it! 10.5.0 => 10.5.4, everything works fine. but can't see HD which are on SATA 3 and SATA 4... any suggestions?

Hi ampersAnd;

I had the same problem a while ago and decided to build my own iso. You could try the one i built.

Actually it includes same kexts as Toto1234's except one. I removed AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext and added AppleVIAATA.kext & IOATAFamily.kext. This way i am able to see the devices on 3rd and 4th SATA ports without any modifications on BIOS. - Actually default settings except memory remap.

Good luck.

I made a BOOT-132 boot disc with a bunch of kexts. Whats different is that it allows you to boot the Mac OS X installation in VESA graphics mode. So, you can install even with an unsupported graphics card. I didn't see a disc like this before, so I made one because I needed it. Anyway, here is the ISO file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2nmzredjmmo/boot132.iso

EDIT: Make sure to boot the DVD with -x otherwise it won't boot with VESA.

EDIT #2: That hurts real bad VittoZ. :)

This is a combination/compilation of various stuff built in slimbuild; inspired by, and including material from this thread.

it includes:

a selection of initrd's from here and elsewhere

chameleon 10.0.11 installer

realityiswhere's lifeboat13 installer

puredarwin

gparted

b6isoyv8.th.jpg b6osxnu1.th.jpg

It started out as one thing and has almost become another, it is far from perfect.

Although it will probably be superceded by more advanced projects being developed in secret, This is here now for anyone who wishes to play with it.

Download link (ISO): http://www.mediafire.com/?0i5nllzzdvd

Slimbuild project for above: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2zhnyjdutyj/...ulti_b6.tar.zip

This work is entirely derivative of the work of others.

boot-132 by DFE, Chameleon by Zef, Slimbuild by Galaxy, lifeboat13.pkg by realityiswhere. Thanks to sonotone & the contributors from this topic.

[edit 3rd.feb '09] works fine with 10.5.6 retail, the "alternative 1" option works great with p5gc-mx/1333, the precore option is broken.

This is a combination/compilation of various stuff built in slimbuild; inspired by, and including material from this thread.

[...]

boot-132 by DFE, Chameleon by Zef, Slimbuild by Galaxy, lifeboat13.pkg by realityiswhere. Thanks to sonotone & the contributors from this topic.

Hi Hagar, good idea to make an All-in-One ISO!

I think it will be nice to try to support wide range of hardware as possible. I plan, but haven't to much time yet, to make an installer dedicated to DFE 132 last boot; since audio can be supported it make sense. Why not to merge all of this in one ISO..., the PRE-Boot part and the POST-Boot part.

@booger_sniffer50...

i still don't know for what your ISO is designed, and what is inside.

Hi Hagar, good idea to make an All-in-One ISO!

I think it will be nice to try to support wide range of hardware as possible. I plan, but haven't to much time yet, to make an installer dedicated to DFE 132 last boot; since audio can be supported it make sense. Why not to merge all of this in one ISO..., the PRE-Boot part and the POST-Boot part.

@booger_sniffer50...

i still don't know for what your ISO is designed, and what is inside.

Its an iso that has the kexts from generic.iso and a kext that allows you to boot in VESA graphics mode (if your graphics card isn't supported). It isn't anything special, but I figured I would save people some work if they needed the same kind of thing I did.

I have a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L mobo and am using 10.5.4 installer. Is a boot iso available for this mobo? I tried p35.iso with no luck (Could not format 2nd sata hard drive using Disk Utility). Tried install with and without AHCI selected in bios. Have nvidia GeForce 8600 GT (500 MB VRAM) video card and built in ALC 888 audio chip.

iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 installed perfectly including video & audio drivers.

Help sincerely appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

grub-dfe.iso allows me to boot to my OS X partition, which is wonderful. Without it, this would be impossible.

However, my laptop is an ASUS U6V which has one of the bad bioses. My bios contains the offending "Alias" lines. More Information on ASUS BIOS "Alias" issue

I have downloaded the latest bios for my laptop, and I have gone through the arduous process of editing and compiling a mac-friendly DSDT.aml file. How to modify your ASUS bios

I do not wish to risk flashing my bios. Instead, I wish to use the Chameleon patch that tricks OS X into using a custom bios (DSDT.aml). Chameleon Patch Thread

"Patching" Chameleon consists of replacing the "boot" file on the root of the OS X partition.

In the case of grub-dfe.iso, one would replace the "boot" file in /boot.

I have done this, but I then get the error: '"com.apple.Boot.Slist" not found'

I assume this is because the default "boot" file in grub-dfe.iso contains necessary information. By replacing the default "boot" file with the patched file, this information is lost.

I also tried merging the default "boot" file with the patched "boot" file. This just caused my laptop to reboot endlessly.

Can anyone tell me how to find the "patched" piece in the patched "boot" file, and add it to the default grub-dfe.iso "boot" file?

It would be awesome if I could finally boot into OS X. :)

Patched "boot" file: boot.zip

• 3 weeks later...

You have to remember that Nvidia 8xxx need 10.5.2 minimum to be supported, and boot the system.

Andrew 367: thanks for pointing this, i'll remove it if the author don't reupload it.

Also for people with P45 boards: if you have any success please share your ISOs. thanks.

Yes you're right, it's DS3L instead of R... but, for sure, it will works for you're board, even the EP35 DS3R should be ok.

Peoples with Gigabyte P45 Dxxx:

Someone can try this Extensions.mkext: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=37082

You need ALC889a and Nvidia Graphics.

Please, give feedbacks.

Tried your mkext in extra-folder... get better results w/ P35-DS3R iso mkext; with yours audio isn't working and internal drive shows as external (without usb logo)

thanks anyway

@Terc: Here's my .mkext and original extensions.

Graphics and ethernet (for time machine) parts are supported throught GFX strings, so there is no graphics injector and IONetworking kext inside this archive.

I use SMBIOSResolver to inject proper informations to AppleSMBIOS, but = or >10.5.2 is needed or you'll get a kernel panic at boot.

Mkext is around 300kb.

EP35_DS3R_sonotone.zip

RealtekR1000.kext.zip

@Terc: Here's my .mkext and original extensions.

Graphics and ethernet (for time machine) parts are supported throught GFX strings, so there is no graphics injector and IONetworking kext inside this archive.

I use SMBIOSResolver to inject proper informations to AppleSMBIOS, but = or >10.5.2 is needed or you'll get a kernel panic at boot.

Mkext is around 300kb.

Thanks!

Any reason you included AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext instead of ~Eureka's AppleACPIPS2Nub here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...14578&st=66 ?

After reading here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...114578&st=0 it seemed that this was a newer version (8/8/2008) with some important fixes?

I've been using USB for a couple years, so this doesn't affect me, but I'd like to get my package working for as many people as possible before making it available for download.

That's too bad about 10.5.2 (I bought a 10.5.0 family license the day it came out), although I guess there's a way to slipstream the update in.

Anyhow, I'd been wondering if there was a way I could get both hard drives and DVDs to boot from a USB drive, and I think I found my answer (I will test this tonight)

I'd had some experience with unetbootin for installing CentOS on some Intel Atom based portable encrypted file servers I've been setting up for our auditors at work. I just saw here that my suspicions of being able to boot from both hard drives AND DVDs is possble using unetbootin. This is great news for my little project since it won't require both the cd to boot the disk as well as the usb to boot the hard drive after install.

Finally, I'm thinking of changing the package name to something a bit more catchy. BootFruit comes to mind.

GA-Boot-132 is the current name I'm using. Anyone have any input on this?

Updated 1.21/09

For Lenovo Y530A-PSE and others with

Intel Chipsets (ichx+pm45)

SATA

G96 graphic(need NVdarwin)

alc888s

For sleep, use Superhai's EHCIsleepenabler

It's not finished yet=no wifi(5100AGN), no LAN(5906M???). Need an external...

Intended for those in need!

Contain only initrd.img

initrd v5.0

Yes, good idea.

I'll send you the mkext i'm currently using (less kext, more plist than onto ISO i've made).

But i'm currently waiting for last chameleon release, to see if it will support boot.plist (means gfx strings) from bootable ISO; and dsdt stuff for 10.5.6 and others.

Can I have that mkext?

I have iATKOS v51 installed with PCEFI v9 (Chameleon with DSDT support, I think), and it already has /Extra folder built in. Can I just extract that mkext into the /Extra/Extensions folder and it should work right?

Here is an ISO for

Motherboard: GA-X38-DS5

What works: EVERYTHING except the 3rd Party SATA Chip (I don't use)

Special Notice:

The most problematic part was the ALC-889 Codec.

Mic-IN only worked by patching the 10.5.5 AppleHDA extension.

If Audio doesnt work for you, MOVE (don't copy!) the AppleHDA.kext to /System/Library/Extensions and reboot with -f . It won't work if you leave AppleHDA.kext in /Extra/Extensions dir if using Chameleon.

KEXTS included:

ACPIPS2Nub.kext (thisone is untested. Just if you want to use PS2)

ApplePS2Controller.kext (thisone is untested. Just if you want to use PS2)

AppleHDA.kext (Patched with codec for X38-DS5 - Mic in Works!)

HDAEnabler.kext (For Sysinfo)

OpenHaltRestart.kext (shudown/reboot)

AppleSMBIOS/SMBIOSEnabler

..and some default stuff

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?gzqz5xggqgm

Any feedback appreciated!