Beta Testers for an Internet-related app

118 posts in this topic

2 little things, go into Interface Builder, from the box where all the windows are listed with stuff like "First Responder", etc., choose "Application". In the AppleScript Event Handlers >> Application, check both "launched" and "should quit after last window closed". Then in your main script file probably "servebox.applescript", put this code:

on should quit after last window closed theObject
return true
end should quit after last window closed

on launched theObject
tell window of theObject to center
end launched

Doesn't matter where you put it in the script. It tells the window to center upon launch, and a huge time saver, it quits the app when the last window of the app has closed, so you don't have to manually quit the program.

Beta5 is out and in package form. Let me know how the update goes. :unsure: I also include phpinfo.php to help you out. :P

Edit - It seems there is a problem. Lets find out what it is......I don't know what it is. Can anyone help me? I'm using sparkle to download a package file.

Something wrong with the updater? It says "An error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later."...Maybe a problem with the appcast xml on your site?

I'm downloading the pkg right now manually from the xml appcast. I think you might need to rename "servebox.pkg" to "servebox_1.0beta5.pkg" or something.

EDIT: Downloaded and installed the package, went smooth, but I still have the phpMyadmin problem :)

hey hey. I installed the Beta 5 version via the updater in the application. It downloaded about 22MB then gave me an error

"Update Error!"

"An error occurred while installing the update. Please try again later."

[ cancel update ]

I tried it a few times, but still get the same error.

Man, I'm sorry to say I got the same error again. Maybe I should delete something... or something? This time I made sure Apache and MySQL were turned off (just in case) but still got the same error message. First I get the "everything has downloaded, click continue to install and restart" popup box. I click the button, then the error message comes up right away.

Thats odd. Does installer work right for you? When you click on install and relaunch, it launches installer to walk your through the install.

No, I dont get any type of walk through. It immediately pops up the error message after I click the "install and relaunch" button.

Every time I go back to the update application area, it redownloads the beta 5 version.

Its not that, I mean even if MySQL was broken, the PHP page would still appear right, error or not? In my case all I get is the text contents of the PHP file. This happened to me before last year when PHP wasn't working. Maybe its a problem with the whole Apache + PHP communication?

ok. so what is the problem with your phpmyadmin? Mark is having problems with the socket. And I can't fix anything till my laptop is working. The earliest, tomorrow afternoon, thats when my leo box will get here, my dad overnighted it.

I mean phpMyAdmin doesn't work at all, in fact PHP doesn't work at all either it seems. I go to htto://localhost:81/phpmyadmin/index.php and all I get is the TEXT contents of the index page. Nothing appears, just the PHP file in plain text.

pcwiz - try doing a fresh install, just delete the servebox folder and run the installer.

Edit: With the help of pcwiz, we have determined that the mirror I was using for the phpmyadmin download is down. As with the problem with my mb. I will get to this when I can get to my server.

Yeah. The server that I used for the dl is down. I don't know how to use the different mirror selection that sourceforge uses. I hope to get svn done soon.

gizmoarena - would you prefer multiple repositories each with their own project or one repo with multiple projects?