Beta Testers for an Internet-related app

118 posts in this topic

@erbic

1. The passwrod problem with phpmyadmin is because, for some reason, the sql query isn't run correctly.

2. The log think is weird, dunno why it isn't loading the log

3. mcrypt is for encryption, that will be built in when I rebuild those services when a new version is released

4. Same as #1

1. I am worried about adding them to path because of the built in versions, I was worried about confliction, and editing the bash_profile file

2. I understand what you are saying, and I need to find a way to open te default browser, so I just defaulted to safari because everyone has it

2 1/2 - Thanks. Thats fixed in the next release

1. pcwiz explained it correctly, and I have done some work on a postinstaller

2. Yes openssl should be grayed out. I am still working on that. That is going to be a very big task, so it may not be in 1.0final

Thanks for your help & compliments!

@gizmoarena

CPU usage is because of curl, need to see if I can fix that some how

installing phpmyadmin error - fixed by pcwiz, will be in post installer

bad users - see #1 of erbic

mycrypt - see #3 of erbic

two windows is because I don't want it opening in an existing window and ruin something.

erbic is right about the mysql start problems, it doesn't always start right.

@pcwiz - thanks for that! :)

And thats a long post.

2. The log think is weird, dunno why it isn't loading the log

I can confirm it. Console opens up and tries to find "mysql_error.log" but it says "Log does not exist" at the bottom, a few irresponsive seconds later, Console crashes. However it's weird because I can go into /Applications/servebox/services/logs/ and open mysql_error.log just fine. I think maybe some sort of typo in the file path you used in the program, or an incorrect way of opening it, because the log file is fine :)

I emailed you this as well but try this code:

tell application "Console"
open (POSIX file "/Applications/servebox/services/logs/mysql_error.log")
end tell

To open up the log file. I just tested the code out and it works great.

Thanks!

Ok guys - now for the latest news for b7!

1. New preferences controller (Yeah it looks cooler, but much easier to expand)

2. Better access to logs (Which means fixed mysql access, and I am going to add php soon)

3. I have created a post-installer to fix the stupid permissions problems caused by installer (It will launch at the the end of install)

4. Subversion project control is done (needs testing!)

Some things I am still working on:

1. Fixing those pesky end of file errors when using little snitch (finally found a good way to solve it!)

2. Adding the php log stuff

3. The mysql change password (maybe b7, don't know)

4. Laying the OpenSSL groundwork. Setting this up will be a fair amount of work, please be patient!

What kind of features (for existing services) do you guys want me to add?

Some features I am looking to add:

1. Perl, Ruby, Ruby on Rails support

2. A services "store" that is built-in so you can download services and their panes. (Feedback please!)

3. Localizations! I need peoples help with this!

What does the timeline look like for b7?

A week, or possibly more.

Why?

I have a fair amount of school work that I need to complete, and I need to make some significant progress on it before I can work heavily on servebox.

Thanks for all your help so far!

Hey guys - Sorry about the long time since an update, beta7, which I believe is going to be rc1, is basically done. I have been re-compiling every service to a new format, where each service occupies its own folder, that makes it easier for upgrades, installs & uninstalls. The problem has been with mysql, which will not finish compiling on my new install (new hd & leopard install). If anyone could help me that would be great. :P

I have a few cool features in the works, and if you are a php developer, I could use your help...

Guys - A little more progress (and other stuff) >

1. I have been getting the infrastructure ready for a really cool new feature. (Won't be in next release, maybe 1.1)

2. b7 is going to be RC1 and includes a nice little hud that floats on top and show the services status

3. MySQL still wont compile. PLEASE HELP!!

4. Subversion is now included.

Thats all for now, but I could really use some help compiling mysql!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys - Just an update. The final version is going to be ready in the next few weeks. After some very extensive testing and a lot of code changes, the final version will be very cool. The final version will be posted publicly for all to download, and I will post the url to the servebox site when I finish it. Thanks to all the beta testers!

P.S. -If you see any more bugs, let me know :D

• 2 weeks later...