QE not working on 10.5.3 on 8800GT

DanB91

34 posts in this topic

i just installed 10.5.3 and everything that I had problems with (usb drives not mounting, and all USB devices, except kb/m not working) is gone which is very good!

however since i installed this QE is gone and it was working w/ 10.5.2 on my 8800GT. is anyone else having this problem? anyone find a solution? thanks

yeah, same here..different card,

GeForce 7500 LE

QE is just not working ..either with 10.5.2 extention. or reload in 10.5.3

with NVinject 0.1.5 and 0.2.0

they are both not working

plz help

i just installed 10.5.3 and everything that I had problems with (usb drives not mounting, and all USB devices, except kb/m not working) is gone which is very good!

however since i installed this QE is gone and it was working w/ 10.5.2 on my 8800GT. is anyone else having this problem? anyone find a solution? thanks

learn to use the string, and usb not mounting issue is caused by mismatched system.kext and kernel versions... 9.2.0 kernel has to have 9.2.0 system.kext for example... most people have 9.2.2 system.kext with 9.2.0 kernel.. thats the reason you had it... in future you can fix it easy... just know what the reason is... in case if you revert your kernel to previous version make sure get previous version of system.kext with same version of the kernel you wanna use... else you will have the usb mount problem...

For those that are lost their QE:

How did you have it set up? nvinject or efi strings?

And those that have it working, what is your setup.

I've said this many times before, but it actually helps if you take a moment to put your hardware setups in your signatures so people know what you have and can see if they have similar setups. It's all about making fixing problems easier when you have as much information available as possible.

Thanks,

Terry

I'll just add my experience.. used NVinject before the update. QE stopped working after the 10.5.3 update. Tried installing the NVinstaller v.41 without any success.. I'll guess I'll have to wait. ^_^

seems the problems is due to OpenGL.Framework not being updated successfuly. I success you guys try to delete it completely and put the one from your OSX DVD.

You will have lots of bugs (white menus) but if you have QE/CI then try to update it with Pacisift and 10.5.3 pkg and tell me how it goes.

I didn't do this, but you never know <_< I didn't have anything to do on either of my PC, but I use GFX String.

EDIT : Of course, if you still have the bug using gfx string. If you don't then use gfx string first !

I have efi string / have the proper device id on geforce.kext / NVDANV50Hal.kext / NVDAResman.kext and replaced using pacifist the opengl framework (using nvinstaller v41.pkg) and still no CI/QE.

8800gts 320mb.

All was nice and dandi in .5.2 with just nvinject.

I just cannt find whats missing.

Just to confirm that NVinject seems broken by 10.5.3, changing to gfx strings solved it for my 8400gs

I used the agrafuese.plist from the file pack in this tutorial as a template, renaming it hagar.plist on the way.

I opened it in textedit & added my device path as extracted with

./gfxutil -f display

where it says to do so.

Then I opened it in plist editor (from xcode tools) & added my nvcap as used in nvinject.

Then I ran

./gfxutil -i xml -o hex hagar.plist output.hex

& pasted the contents of output.hex into com.apple.Boot.plist as per the tutorial:

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>PASTE THE STRING FROM OUT.HEX HERE!</string>

hope this "short version" may clear things up for some people.

this is the error I keep getting and i follow agrafuese's tutorial exactly (except the Leopard graphics update which doesnt work in 10.5.3)

I've tried all the strings and they still dont work :D

post-128809-1212091359_thumb.png

@DanB91

Open Terminal

enter the following commands (Enter your password when prompted)

sudo -s

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NV*

touch /System/Library/Extensions

reboot

It should rebuild the kext cache and reboot. Hopefully the problem will go away.