Dollar rose to $1.5471 per euro

17 posts in this topic

So is the Euro falling, or Dollar rising? Both have central banks. However, most oil is traded in dollars, especially in the middle east.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=news

How much is gas in the UK? What per litre? Right now we are sitting on $3.59 per gallon. Higher in some states. Silver dropped again today to $16.70, from 17.01 yesterday. So some trading is going on somewhere.

Gas is about 9 dollars a gallon in London.
Ok, now here minimum wage is about $6-$7. What is it in the UK? I know it is higher.
Gas is $3.73 now in Jacksonville, so high :(
I wonder what the limit is going to be before people start rioting? Truckers are already protesting, rebelling, and refusing to drive. I talked to one fella this weekend that is on the virge of shutting down his trucking line.

You know, we had a chance in the 1970's to start weaning ourselves off of oil (the last oil crisis, where the US government made shortages with price ceilings). Now the entire world, except for Brazil who decided to be energy independent, is paying for this mistake.

It's right on Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs site.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk

* £5.52 per hour for workers aged 22 years and older

* A development rate of £4.60 per hour for workers aged 18-21 inclusive

* £3.40 per hour for all workers under the age of 18, who are no longer of compulsory school age.

That translates into:

£5.52 - $10.73

£4.60 - $8.94

£3.40 - $6.60

Fascinating minimum wage they have in the UK. Now someone remind me how the UK (which isn't a Euro using country) has anything to do with the dollar rising against the euro?

Absolutely nothing but that's what he wanted to know so I complied.

* £5.52 per hour for workers aged 22 years and older

* A development rate of £4.60 per hour for workers aged 18-21 inclusive

* £3.40 per hour for all workers under the age of 18, who are no longer of compulsory school age.

Also, they will rise again in October:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7279199.stm

Fascinating minimum wage they have in the UK. Now someone remind me how the UK (which isn't a Euro using country) has anything to do with the dollar rising against the euro?

Well, im digging into some stuff into the oil cartels, specificly OPEC. Export laws, and the UK import treaties vs, the EU import treaties. Dollar, and Euro vs, price per barrel of oil, refining prices, the tax on refining in each country, and the impact it has on different classes. Basicly I'm trying to predict an oil break down in the US. So far im thinking before the end of the year, but I can't say that for sure, until I'm done putting the numbers together.

In California, the gas that we buy is about $4.50 a gallon. Minimum wage is $8.25.

California FTW. :thumbsdown_anim:

Oh wait, this thread is about how the dollar is rising in value. Maybe the Economic Stimulus package is working! :blink: