1 Screenshot

About This File

Clover r4989 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.

Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.15 guest in Windows X64 host.

Installation

1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r4989 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.4k-4989-X64.iso by double clicking on it.

2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal

sudo diskutil mount disk0s1

3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition

4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file

5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.

Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.

What's New in Version r4542   See changelog

Released

Added APFSDriverLoader.efi to work with High Sierra and Mojave, credit to @savvamitrofanov.

EFI_Clover_r4542 for VMware.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It didn't take effect on my VMware at all.No Clover boot screen when restarting the VM. I absolutely follow ur tutorial above!!Any suggestions?Thanks!!(VM 14 + macOS 10.13)

Share this comment

@HurricaneX,

Open your VM's vmx file with Wordpad and add the line bios.bootDelay = "3000" - post#5 in my guide.  This will allow you time to press <F2> while the VM starts and access the VMware Boot Manager, where you can add Clover/CLOVERX64.efi as a boot menu entry (or simply choose to boot the EFI Hard Drive entry)...

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Share this comment

In order to use this, do you have to have a patched version of VMware using Donk's unlocker, or is this intended for booting macOS on an unpatched VMware install?

Share this comment