kX Audio Driver Mod by ITzTravelInTime 2.0

5 Screenshots

About This File

This driver is a mod of the popular kx audio driver for mac os x, the project goal is to still maintaining it for the future releases of mac os and to include as much cards as possible and to get all the features of the cards to work.

Currently the only features not supported are audio inputs and integrated midi and synth capabilitues of the cards, and some minor things like creative remote controllers or software controlled volume gears on creative external drives and bays)

It supports most the sound blaster live! series cards, the sound blaster PCI 512, most of the audigy (emu 10k2 based) series, audigy 1, audigy 2, audigy 2 zs, audigy 4 (SB0610), audigy 4 pro, audigy 5 and audigy rx (sb1550) and some e-mu edsp audio cards with all the recent versions of mac os, tested to work with mac os yosemite, el capitan, sierra and high sierra on intel based machines from socket 775 to 1151 (including enthusiast platforms like x58, x79, x99, x299) and also confirmed to work on mac pros.

reference topic:

Kx audio driver mod [sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]

What's New in Version 2.0   See changelog

Released

- added boot args to control the driver

(-kxdisable to disable the driver from loading; -kxoriginal to disable the fixes, imrpovements and new features of the modded driver; -kx beta to enable exerimental features which will most likely not work or work badly)

- improved sound cards name detection system

- added sample rate switching

- multiple sample rates

(from 8 khz up to 176,4 khz, note that 10k1 based cards are limited up to 48 khz)

• Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The original driver on High Sierra gives me a reboot right after the installation (never had a problem on Sierra): does this one work with High Sierra? Thanks!!!

On 2/3/2018 at 9:35 PM, ford22 said:

Sb0570

this uses a totally different sound archtecture for which the driver is not made for, that's why it's not supported by this driver, i have corrected the descritpion to avoid more confiusion

On 2/11/2018 at 5:02 PM, DS-1 said:

The original driver on High Sierra gives me a reboot right after the installation (never had a problem on Sierra): does this one work with High Sierra? Thanks!!!

at least in my systems it did, of couse check always your bootloader settings (things like hpet problems may let the driver to crash) and use this kext inside clover's kext folder, and of course try the new updated version 2.0 which supports more features

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Thanks 2

Dear sir I installed kext build in x code from your master adat output is working but no adat input is working edspctrl shows inputs not valid kindly help how i can edit code to make Adat  audio input valid also,thanks for your work i heared sound frommemu1212m via adat thru 01v96 console

kindly help soon

Thanks and regards

Amit

Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 2.19.12 PM.png

1 minute ago, Amit100 said:

Dear sir I installed kext build in x code from your master adat output is working but no adat input is working edspctrl shows inputs not valid kindly help how i can edit code to make Adat  audio input valid also,thanks for your work i heared sound frommemu1212m via adat thru 01v96 console

kindly help soon

Thanks and regards

Amit

Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 2.19.12 PM.png

errors at last ids kindly help for inputs urgent ..