Dell Laptops Post-installer - XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude

sonotone

1,017 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, i need help for Touchpad on Dell XPS 1330. My Touchpad & Scroll doesn´t work. I try the ranova post for a fix, but it doesn´t work. My configuration: Core2Duo 1,86, 160 GB HD, 3 GB Ram, 8400 GS, OS X 10.5.7 Retail incl. Chameleon 2.

Thanx for help, muskusmint

Hello, i need help for Touchpad on Dell XPS 1330. My Touchpad & Scroll doesn´t work. I try the ranova post for a fix, but it doesn´t work. My configuration: Core2Duo 1,86, 160 GB HD, 3 GB Ram, 8400 GS, OS X 10.5.7 Retail incl. Chameleon 2.

Thanx for help, muskusmint

try the voodoops2controller kexts in new releases.

So I finally installed a Retail image to an external Hard Drive and used Chameleon 2rc1 on it to make it bootable. I have it pointing to a stutter free kernel, and the extra folder contains all the kexts.

Everything seems to work but sound. Any ideas? I did copy over the hdaenabler and applehda to the extra folder.

Thankfully this is on a test hard drive and not the one I use all the time (which is the ipc 10.5.6)

So I finally installed a Retail image to an external Hard Drive and used Chameleon 2rc1 on it to make it bootable. I have it pointing to a stutter free kernel, and the extra folder contains all the kexts.

Everything seems to work but sound. Any ideas? I did copy over the hdaenabler and applehda to the extra folder.

Thankfully this is on a test hard drive and not the one I use all the time (which is the ipc 10.5.6)

I suggest you follow this and get the hda kext from here. works here. only worked after plugging in headphones and unplugging. then it behaved normal.

this one also works, sonotone confirmed. You may have to remove hdaenabler. works here as well on sigmatel 9200. but, I have 10.5.6. never made the step to .7

I suggest you follow this and get the hda kext from here. works here. only worked after plugging in headphones and unplugging. then it behaved normal.

this one also works, sonotone confirmed. You may have to remove hdaenabler. works here as well on sigmatel 9200. but, I have 10.5.6. never made the step to .7

Nope...and I tried every combination :) Voodoo with hdaenabler...voodoo without....voodoo with applehda...voodoo without :)

Anyone on here have a good working copy of their extra folder for Chameleon 2rc1?

I also noticed, that the wifi light of the laptop does not come on, although the wifi is working. Not really an issue since wifi works...just an fyi.

Nope...and I tried every combination :wacko: Voodoo with hdaenabler...voodoo without....voodoo with applehda...voodoo without :(

Anyone on here have a good working copy of their extra folder for Chameleon 2rc1?

I also noticed, that the wifi light of the laptop does not come on, although the wifi is working. Not really an issue since wifi works...just an fyi.

VoodooHDA should be placed in S/L/E, whitout HDAEnabler and not in Extra folder.

I'll try to upload my Extra folder if you really need it. But for now, my graphics card is dead, and i'm waiting for a replacement.

VoodooHDA should be placed in S/L/E, whitout HDAEnabler and not in Extra folder.

I'll try to upload my Extra folder if you really need it. But for now, my graphics card is dead, and i'm waiting for a replacement.

So it does not belong in the chameleon folder itself? That sucks. Was hoping to make a break proof retail install. This was all me testing to get ready for 10.6.

Any idea why the wifi light doesn't come on? (I know its knickpicking as the wifi works :D) Also...I got a go7300...but I'm showing up as a go7900....do you know if that makes any difference?

So I should keep my extra folder the way it is and drop the sound directly into the clean install right? Just confirming

So it does not belong in the chameleon folder itself? That sucks. Was hoping to make a break proof retail install. This was all me testing to get ready for 10.6

i highly doubt that futur Apple's updates wil contain a new kext named "voodooHDA.kext"...

i highly doubt that futur Apple's updates wil contain a new kext named "voodooHDA.kext"...

Thanks...I think I got everything working now.

The only kext needed in s/l/e is the voodooHDA? everything else goes in extra? Nothing else needed? that's it? Nothing in any other locations either (like how powermanagement used to go) Just confirming.... cause once I do I'll upload my extra folder to here for anyone who wants it.

Hi guys, I've got a Dell Latitude D520 with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 @ 1.66 (Same as Mac Mini)

Intel GMA 950 (0x27a2)

SigmaTel 9200

Dell TrueMobile 1390

Running: iPC 10.5.6 updated to 10.5.7 through Apple Software Update

My problem is that try as I might, I cannot seem to get rid of these mouse artifacts. In 10.5.6 I only had them with Firefox and whenever I "Get Info" anything. Now, in 10.5.7, I have them in iTunes and the previously mentioned.

Here's the full output from System Profiler Graphics:

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x27a2

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Built-In: Yes

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

Here is the version on AppleIntelGMA950.kext:

There doesn't appear to be an "AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext" in /S/L/E. (What?)

What I've done to try to fix the mouse artifacts:

-Applied GFX String via OSx86Tools

Anyone know how I can get rid of these mouse artifacts?

Hi guys, I've got a Dell Latitude D520 with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 @ 1.66 (Same as Mac Mini)

Intel GMA 950 (0x27a2)

SigmaTel 9200

Dell TrueMobile 1390

There doesn't appear to be an "AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext" in /S/L/E. (What?)

Anyone know how I can get rid of these mouse artifacts?

you have to read only 45 pages :D. focus on the ones by me and you'll find a solution for gma950 mouse artifacts. sontone's latest patch contains the framebuffer and kexts to fix it. The ones installed by iPC are not Dell specific and that's were your problems are (likely). you certainly need the framebuffer kext. once you fix the mouse artifacts you may find another problem with black screen on boot. this is because the display is asleep. there are posts here that tell you how to fix it (expose, mouse over activated display corner wake up).

you have to read only 45 pages :wacko:. focus on the ones by me and you'll find a solution for gma950 mouse artifacts. sontone's latest patch contains the framebuffer and kexts to fix it. The ones installed by iPC are not Dell specific and that's were your problems are (likely). you certainly need the framebuffer kext. once you fix the mouse artifacts you may find another problem with black screen on boot. this is because the display is asleep. there are posts here that tell you how to fix it (expose, mouse over activated display corner wake up).

MAJOR EDIT!!!

I on a whim, I opened a terminal and rm -rf'd "Natit.kext". Then, using Kext Helper, I reinstalled the GMA950.kext, GMA950GA.plugin, GMA950GLDriver.bundle, and GMA950VADriver.bundle and everything works now with no mouse artifacts.

Odd because I've tried to do this before on a previous install where doing just this bricked my install.

Oh well, thanks Deceiver!

I have mac osx installed, working great except sound, version 10.5.2. what do i need to download to get the sound working?

Project now (suppose to be)maintained by theextraterrestr...

This Project is not supported or updated anymore by me

Min. requierement: Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.2

Installer v1.4.1 (updated 12/26/2008)

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?dj52kuyhjwj

Link to files: http://www.mediafire.com/?xx1qz14lrxl

----------------------------

Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 DFE 132 V2 ISO: http://www.mediafire.com/?3mvzghmwym0

support Sound (sigmatel 9200)/NV Graphics/BatteryMeter/PS2 with nice GUI.

+ Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 PC_EFI_V9 Hard Driver Installer

Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 DFE 132 Hard Driver Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/?zgz0dbmyzze

Chameleon + DFE r146 boot + kexts

Dell INSPIRON 6400/9400 PC_EFI_V9 Hard Driver Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/?mezqnnm4yqv

Chameleon + PC_EFI_V9 boot + hardware support for 10.5.6

Check readme about kexts and features.

on an m1530 the eject button dont go and the strg+alt+q for the "@" sign dont go

instaed the @ is at "windows symbol" +l

and by the way your installer dont work propperly

still dont managed to get quarz running on gforce 8600 gt 256

Sonotone, thanks.....Chameleon 2 is working great.... got a few questions though.

1. It doesn't seem to recognize my keyboard when I go through the screens (hit the button next to stuff) I have to click ok and then choose one....which doesn't seem to get the ctrl key correct.

2. The trackpad seems very....jumpy and fast

3. Why does the sound work when I use the boot-132 disc WITHOUT the kext being loaded directly into s/l/e but WON'T WORK in Chameleon's Extra folder....when using Chameleon it has to be in s/l/e

4. The mousepad preference pane...any way to add that in Chameleon? Any ideas? Cause without using a bluetooth mouse or a usb mouse...the mousepad is a little unstable (not sure if its just the preference pane...cause I added it and its still unstable)

5. I'm being reported as a Mac Pro instead of a Macbook Pro with the identifier..... do you know if its as simple as grabbing my applesmbios.kext from my 10.5.6 installation that is working, and dumping the kext into chameleon?****

6. It's also showing the wrong clockspeed of the ram......know if this does anything or is it just a reporting error that I shouldn't worry about?

Thanks for the continued help :jerry: My little test drive is starting to work nicely. If I can figure out those remaining issues I can upload my kexts and some sort of process. Do you know if there is a way to get the dual boot time fix as part of the chameleon install so I don't have to run it when I'm in Leopard and have it mess up the clean install?

****UPDATE****

FIXED by created a plist and dumping it into the extra folder.

I have an inspiron 6400 and managed to install leopard retail dvd and I can boot from bootdisk but not without.

What Am I missing here?

I have tried all the files at the start of this thread.

I can deal with booting from a CD but it's just annoying.

I notice during boot that some text flashes on the screen really quickly then I see:

starting hibernate

sleeping has garbage

hibernate failed

loading darwin x86...

I have an inspiron 6400 and managed to install leopard retail dvd and I can boot from bootdisk but not without.

What Am I missing here?

I have tried all the files at the start of this thread.

I can deal with booting from a CD but it's just annoying.

Fryeguy....if you see my previous post, after the retail disc is installed you still will need to install an EFI bootloader such as pc_efi9, chameleon, etc.

The boot-132 disc that sonotone provided has an install on it that you run once you are in leopard that installs the necessary items.

In my post I have listed issues that have been in updating it to the latest chameleon. But it should work with the standard install that Sonotone made.

Is it maybe a good idea to start over with a fresh leopard install and proceed from there?

I feel like trying the different packages has muddled something up.

I can boot into leopard using bootloader CD but not from hard drive after I run the bootloader packages...

UPDATE:

1. Installed fresh leopard retail DVD.

2. Rebooted into leopard and ran chameleon 2rc2.

3. Rebooted into chameleon bootloader.

4. choose osx, get grey screen with apple and progress wheel. sticks at this point.

5. try reboot, chameleon, choose osx, blank screen, auto resets to bios screen, then restart and stuck at apple screen with progress wheel.

Is it maybe a good idea to start over with a fresh leopard install and proceed from there?

I feel like trying the different packages has muddled something up.

I can boot into leopard using bootloader CD but not from hard drive after I run the bootloader packages...

UPDATE:

1. Installed fresh leopard retail DVD.

2. Rebooted into leopard and ran chameleon 2rc2.

3. Rebooted into chameleon bootloader.

4. choose osx, get grey screen with apple and progress wheel. sticks at this point.

5. try reboot, chameleon, choose osx, blank screen, auto resets to bios screen, then restart and stuck at apple screen with progress wheel.

Did you add all the proper kext fixes into chameleon? As I wrote......you should have done the install from the boot-132 disc that Sonotone made (its on there). If you want, I can zip up my extra folder and attach it, and you should unzip it to your extra folder (in the root). Obviously its for my video card, but I also have it pointing to a vanilla kernel that was fixed for the stutter issue, added the kext for sd card slot and a few other things.

You would need to boot up with the cd again...and then place everything into root\extra

I put the files in this zip...just extract them into that Extra folder in the root of the drive: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?holyyjrndyv

Remember, my extra folder is still a work in progress and I'm tweaking it...this is NOT the final result

Did you add all the proper kext fixes into chameleon? As I wrote......you should have done the install from the boot-132 disc that Sonotone made (its on there). If you want, I can zip up my extra folder and attach it, and you should unzip it to your extra folder (in the root). Obviously its for my video card, but I also have it pointing to a vanilla kernel that was fixed for the stutter issue, added the kext for sd card slot and a few other things.

You would need to boot up with the cd again...and then place everything into root\extra

OK, so I have your Extra.zip (Thanks!) and by putting this in root\extra then when I reboot these files will get loaded? My biggest needs currently are working touchpad, USB, firewire, and audio. It would be nice to have more native support of my ATI 256MB graphics. Graphics looks pretty good but not running native resolution and I have no options to adjust. Let's say these files cause a problem, can I just boot from CD and remove them?

You just quoted without making a comment...did you read my whole post including the link to my zipped extra folder?

I loaded your files in my root\extra folder and the only possible difference i ca nsee is that the touchpad is somewhat more useable. how should I go about identifying kexts for my hardware and getting them loaded?

just did a software update to 10.5.8 from 10.5.6. I basically knew I would screw my system and made a backup image beforehand. Boy, was I shocked when the system booted up fine with no issues, whatsoever (after second boot, as expected).

Voodoo all the way :P

Am I a lucky {censored}? :P:hysterical:

gotta change my sig now ;)