• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

DrX_UaCaRi

DrX_UaCaRi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Hey guys. I've ALMOST created a bootable LiveCD of OS X 10.4.3 8F1111. I did this by getting Clone X, creating a dmg, dumping the dmg's contents, adding rosetta and the darwin bootloader, and finally putting it all into the original 10.4.3 install dvd image which I had emptied earlier. The big problem now is that when I boot the dvd, there are a bunch of errors regarding file permission, etc. I can't run repair disk permissions on this dmg in OS X because it its being mounted as read only. I need to use this dmg because i need the bootable information table at the beginning of the disk which references the darwin bootloader. I don't know how to append the boot table to a converted iso file because the file contains hfs partitions and UltraISO can only read, not write hybird cds. Can someone give me help in either getting a dmg to undergo repair disk permissions, or manually adding the boot table to the dmg file?

Btw, right now, i boot into wat looks like the single user mode shell. I'm almost certain that if i can get past this problem, the LiveCD will boot GUI.

Revenge, I've send you a Pm about this because I've pass this step a week ago, this was the easy part.
First you need to check things: Did you set proper Ramdisk? because Tiger needs to write into something to be able to boot. Second Is not better we associate together to finish either your or my project to make the realease quickly?
See my post "http://forum.osx86pr...showtopic=9879"

The way you did you live disk is insteresting but quite complicated : In my site Area86.info go to the section links, there is interresting ressources for you. Hope we can achieve this dream together since i'm full of works to complete and i already sparing all my free time to this.

randomblame

randomblame

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
hurray someone else is workin on it I just wasted a dvd trying this last method though the good news is I have a darwin booter in case the mbr gets corrupt :S lol i'm gonna check out your site

(edit) ...checked out the site... oh boy links. I could have found those on google... Oh and look theres a LINK to google. I was hoping for some useful information. Oh well it's more fun to do it the hard way.

DrX_UaCaRi

DrX_UaCaRi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

hurray someone else is workin on it I just wasted a dvd trying this last method though the good news is I have a darwin booter in case the mbr gets corrupt :S lol i'm gonna check out your site
(edit) ...checked out the site... oh boy links. I could have found those on google... Oh and look theres a LINK to google. I was hoping for some useful information. Oh well it's more fun to do it the hard way.

I could but didn't... :blink:. So far I going to post my tutorial in few hours, just need to ,finish a work for a client first, then you will have a point to start.
Tiger use a different boot method than sooner Os X. If you have a mac and have Panther or sooner Try the BootCd Soft, i will help you find some answer. So far I see 3 people :angel: including me doing that. I don't any compatible AMD proc i need beta test to see if my work does the job it. I've made the Cd In Os X since working under XP seems to be a waste of time for that. It's even better to work under PPC environement to do it but the Macbook pro is fine too.

randomblame

randomblame

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
lol alright cool I'll be waiting anxiously

I'm almost sad, every time I start a new project somebody beats me to it and my lazyness forces me to abandon my own work in favor of their already working solution... so until I see your method my work continues haha I'm actually pretty happy with what I've got going so far this is good fun

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
LOL. I so did not see that thread when i searched the forum. Oh well, good job on that. I'll see wat I can do.

randomblame

randomblame

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
haha thats cuz he just posted it, yours was up first :)

DrX_UaCaRi

DrX_UaCaRi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

haha thats cuz he just posted it, yours was up first :pirate2:

Yes his post was first but i've only post after the success of my attemps.

V DidDy 210

V DidDy 210

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
this collaboration of minds will lead to something great i can tell.
lol
when you guys ar ready lemme know i want it baddd
-V

DrX_UaCaRi

DrX_UaCaRi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Ok i'm a little late, but i don't have a lot of time i'm uploading right now instructions about the live cd. http://www.area86.info. Keep refreshing the page i'm posting all the stuff i wrote so far until sunday (Part 1 and 2).

DrX_UaCaRi

DrX_UaCaRi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
.... i'm lloking that Iweb make some heavy page. Who is the man who said that it rezize optimise picture so they can be fast to load..... I'm going to optimize all of that by hand after

Guest: ReflectiaX_*

• Guests
Any updates?

• Guests
Bump!

How's the progress?

-Ref'X

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
A uh certain person named DrX_UaCaRi is MIA. :) :) Someone needs to uh give him a *POKE*. :gun: *COUGH* :dev:

• Guests
Bump!

-Ref'X

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
UPDATE: Project is currently not making any progress, even though work is being done. Reason: DRX has run into legal issues (SHOCK), so he is modifying the process to avoid these issues. Stay tuned for more.

treehel

treehel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
OS X isntaller doe not propertly working onj my system. Is there any way to download a prepared OS X Live? If there are problems with legacy, may you mail me to treehel@gmail.com?

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
-- subscribing --

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
*sigh, well folks it looks like DrX is officially "dead" or sued out of his ass from what I suspect. I haven't been truely active in OSX86 stuff for months now. However, if there is still a lot of interest in a "Live" cd system, I think I can try and pickup where he left off... Your opinion please:

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
Go for it, if you ask me. Have you been using a virtual RAM drive as system drive? Because that can be written to.

Dragon

Dragon

Insanely Dragon

• Retired Developers
  • 414 posts
yeah, i'm still interested ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy