Window's buttons on top-right?

15 posts in this topic

Oh my god... just zelots around here? :blink:

Most of the time, it is probably better to not mention windows or anything that can be associated to windows.

All hail the mighty finder...

:P

Bad usability never changes with Windows users, every OS should have window controls all on the right and start menu on the bottom left, make it even worse with just a logo. :D

I dont think you can with Leopard, I'd wait for some mods or shapeshifter.

Forceman, modding has nothing to do with usability, it's called modding in case you didn't get it and not usabililiy, did I mention we are talking about modding? :angel:

It's quite funny that a so simple question hasn't got one straight answer, that would be yes or no... I guess talebans are not only those who think that women have to wear burkas... -_-

Enrox: Sorry for all the spamming that's been going on in here. It's ridiculous that I had to delete 13 posts worth of rubbish.

Anyway, in answer to your question, I don't know of any way to achieve this. I'm don't think its ever been done before (and I doubt it ever will).

Forceman, modding has nothing to do with usability, it's called modding in case you didn't get it and not usabililiy, did I mention we are talking about modding? :)

It's quite funny that a so simple question hasn't got one straight answer, that would be yes or no... I guess talebans are not only those who think that women have to wear burkas... :P

I was just being silly and I did give a answer, I dont think it's possible unless you find out how to mod it, other than that there is no option in leopard to do it. Sometimes your question seems silly to people, I can't see why the window would have a option to do this since Apple designed it like that in the first place.

• 1 year later...

This topic was created over a year ago, did anyone ever find a method of doing this?

I only use a mac for about 1 hour a day, this is not by choice but by necessity. The rest of the time my work dictates that I use linux for 60% of the time and vista for the rest. I dont have the luxury to adapt to a totally mac environment.

When on macos I find myself forever moving my mouse to the top right of the window to close, in the same way that I close on Linux or vista or any other operating system, which is infuriating as on leopard, they are on the left.