[SU] New Software updates

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

netkas

netkas

InsanelyMac Legend

• Developers
  • 616 posts
wow, i even didn't notice it had new kernel, jsut hit install and all worked fine :smoke:)

airstrip

airstrip

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the good tip mitch_de!
And thanks for all the other responses too, of course! :smoke:

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
netkas, now we are running an even newer kernel than penryn macs :smoke:

MK500

MK500

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:All things technology.
I installed security update and Safari 3.1. Both worked great.

I DID NOT install the time machine update.

caenis

caenis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
installed safari 3.1 and 2008-01 security update, reboot, then airport and time machine update, reboot - fine so far...

SuperNet33

SuperNet33

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I installed the new netkas kernel. If I install this update will I b ok? I have vinalla installed

caenis

caenis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
don't you mean the new applesmbios.kext from netkas? if that was what you installed it has nothing to do with this new update. all that matters is that you have to have a vanilla kernel installed. type uname -a in terminal and verify that you have darwin kernel, if something else i would hold on this update, anyone correct me if i'm wrong please....

almostastr8boy

almostastr8boy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
woohoo I installed the airport time machine update without reading this post and didnt even know i was still using a vanilla kernel. guess i'm using one now since i didnt break my install.

sackie

sackie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I see everyone is using kalyway, is it also safe to install them on leo4all?

Chief9999

Chief9999

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Well it killed the partition I had my main amd install on

My specs
asus a8n-sli 3800+ x2
zeph 10.5.2 update
everything was working

So I installed it and it broke the drive do I have to pull all my data across to this drive and clone this one back over? sigh I had a feeling I should have cloned my drive then did the update in the morning or can I drag my kernel back over and see if it works? can pacifist do a uninstall of it?

SuperNet33

SuperNet33

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I installed it and it worked fine on mine...
I am glad.. but I wonder why it worked.. B4 I installed it i check uname -a and it said dawrin 9.2 .. now it is 9.2.2

Jhero

Jhero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Installed just fine here!

Foodie Monster

Foodie Monster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Anybody know if the Quicktime 7.4.1 Update is safe for Hackintosh on Kaly 10.5.2 on Vanilla kernel, EFI and GUID? (full specs below)

Also, Time Machine update should work just fine on my system, correct?

Yuusharo

Yuusharo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Anybody know if the Quicktime 7.4.1 Update is safe for Hackintosh on Kaly 10.5.2 on Vanilla kernel, EFI and GUID? (full specs below)

Perfectly safe. The only updates I know since 10.5.1 that are a risk to hacks are 10.5.2 itself and now this Time Machine / Airport update.

Also, Time Machine update should work just fine on my system, correct?

If you are able to run on a vanilla kernel, this update *should* be ok, but your milage may vary. My system can run a vanilla kernel, but I choose netkas's work to enable shutdown and restart.

Foodie Monster

Foodie Monster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Perfectly safe. The only updates I know since 10.5.1 that are a risk to hacks are 10.5.2 itself and now this Time Machine / Airport update.

If you are able to run on a vanilla kernel, this update *should* be ok, but your milage may vary. My system can run a vanilla kernel, but I choose netkas's work to enable shutdown and restart.

Shutdown and Restart work perfectly on my system as it is (I'm only lacking Sleep, really, which I never use anyway). I don't use Time Machine though, so I don't think I'll risk installing it. Thanks for the quicktime answer tho :)

ajg1977

ajg1977

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The Time Machine update broke my install. iATKOS r2 with Kaylway 10.5.2 combo update and vanilla kernel package.

After restarting my machine went into a reboot loop. After selecting OSX in the Darwin Bootloader I would get about three lines of text before it'd restart. Nothing helpful, and none of the boot options made a difference.

Fortunately I always create a backup image prior to trying any suspicious updates, but treat this install with caution!

afiser

afiser

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
i installed the safari update, security update, and the time machine/airport update all at once and my osx install loaded right up =)

im not using kalyway, toh, or iatkos. im using the retail install with patched smbios and one other patched kext i forget (and of course some drivers but i only need 2 patched kext to get my system running on retail). so my install is as close as you can get to vanilla as possible for non macs.

fjackson

fjackson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Works fine here

Cruising Flame

Cruising Flame

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Works fine here except a had to replace my kernel back to netkas's 9.2.0. Bacuase I had to push the
reset button to restart or the power button to shutdown. It just stays waiting at the line mach reboot or
mach shutdown.

Espionage724

Espionage724

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
From what I heard The Leo Graphics update isn't too friendly for INtel 950 GMA users. I never tried it yet though.

10.5.2 Kalyway Update to 10.5.2 worked fine
Kernel Update from Kalyway worked fine also

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy