[HOW TO] ATI Radeon HD 2400 / 2600 / 2900 / 3850 / 3870 on Leopard

mcsmart

560 posts in this topic

Hi mcsmart,

Thank you for your guide.

I have one question- where can I find my Graphics card's PCI ID, and where should I add it in the info.plist file?

There are so many lines in that file, and I've no idea where I should look for it, and add it if needed.

Thanks again for your effort.

Hi there.

Ok, I got everything working fine with Kaly 10.5.2 ADM_INTEL SSE3 EXCEPT my Gigabyte ATI 2600XT passive cooling.

The cards ID is 0x9588 and is already present in the actual Natit file so I did not have to change that! Together with the x2000 file I just get a screwed up screen like some of the guys already posted here.

Tryed installing the Leo graphics update...after that my pc crashes after 5 seconds into boot and restarts, so that was a bad idea. Even installing Natit again afterwards didn't change anything.

My last hope would be changing my 2600xt bios to some 2600pro? bios that works!??? But how can I know which one will work with my board etc. Can anyone give me a ID for an 2600XT or PRO which works for sure! and with my board?

Asus A8n - SLI

AMD x2 4200+

Gigabyte 2600xt passive 256 MB

Got Sound, LAN, USB, Firewire, CD/DVD all working when no graphics drivers are loaded.

Tryed both VGA and/or DVI....all show the same problem. (Corrupt screen, Leo is actually running just the graphics is screwed, many little white blocks with the mouse moving around as 1 pixel or something).

Any suggestions...would love to get the damn card working!

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Cheers

Hi there.

Ok, I got everything working fine with Kaly 10.5.2 ADM_INTEL SSE3 EXCEPT my Gigabyte ATI 2600XT passive cooling.

The cards ID is 0x9588 and is already present in the actual Natit file so I did not have to change that! Together with the x2000 file I just get a screwed up screen like some of the guys already posted here.

Tryed installing the Leo graphics update...after that my pc crashes after 5 seconds into boot and restarts, so that was a bad idea. Even installing Natit again afterwards didn't change anything.

My last hope would be changing my 2600xt bios to some 2600pro? bios that works!??? But how can I know which one will work with my board etc. Can anyone give me a ID for an 2600XT or PRO which works for sure! and with my board?

Asus A8n - SLI

AMD x2 4200+

Gigabyte 2600xt passive 256 MB

Got Sound, LAN, USB, Firewire, CD/DVD all working when no graphics drivers are loaded.

Tryed both VGA and/or DVI....all show the same problem. (Corrupt screen, Leo is actually running just the graphics is screwed, many little white blocks with the mouse moving around as 1 pixel or something).

Any suggestions...would love to get the damn card working!

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Cheers

I was thinking about doing that too to my 2600Pro (9589)...not sure what to do though.

Hi mcsmart,Thank you for your guide.I have one question- where can I find my Graphics card's PCI ID, and where should I add it in the info.plist file?There are so many lines in that file, and I've no idea where I should look for it, and add it if needed.Thanks again for your effort.
You can find it when you boot into Leo with the -x option and then you go to "About this Mac" menu and go into "more info" and select graphics and there it shows up! For ading it to the plist file please look a couple of posts back...it's described there.
I was thinking about doing that too to my 2600Pro (9589)...not sure what to do though.
I see you got an nforce4 board too...maybe that's where the problem resides? Now I am confused to hear that you got a PRO and it doesn'T work too!? WTF???So anyone with a nforce4 board got a ATI 2600 Pro/XT board working with 10.5.2?

Hi

I'm really new in the MAC world

I've just installed Kalyway 10.5.1

after restarting I get the Grey screen with the logo and the loader and then it goes to hundreds little screens of the actrual screen. So in other words I CAN'T USE LEOPARD :blink:

I have an ATI 2600 XT with 512 DDR3

Could you please give me any sujestions of what may be going on and how could I fix it?

Thanks

Pablo

Ok now the screenshots you attached is exactely what I get here.....! Could you post something about your System, Mobo, CPU etc...I wonder if you have a nforce4 motherboard...? Did you get it to work by flashing the 2600xt to let's say a PRO?

Bingo! Got my 2600xt working...but I had to use a dvi-vga dongle into my samsung lcd tv. Now I have full resolution and hardware acceleration, if I switch cables to dvi/hdmi my lcd tv says unsupported resolution...maybe dvi defaults to 1920x1080p??? Is there a way to get this running with dvi? I tried with "Graphics Mode" but that doesn'T sem to work!

What bothers me now is my internal mobo LAN which crashes the whole computer when downloading something bigger...just freezes. Will have to get a realtek lan card to avoid this I fear. forcedeth doesn't get it right...I think it's a well known issue with the asus a8n sli board and won't be fixed.

Now iTunes freezes my pc when trying to hear one a part of the song over the online store...read something about a itunes patch for AMD? Didn'T find it though...hmmm?

UPDATE: The iTunes freeze was because of the crappy forcedeth driver, I installed a lan pci card now lan works as it should! :-) Also DVI works after the triakis patch!!!! My system is completely working now!!! Lucky I am indeed.

hi

ok it all works out great for me, the LTL's retail install guide and this Natit driver (qe/ci etc.) but but but, whenever i'm trying to watch a video on youtube or some all flash webstites like goalunited.org with Safari, it doesnt work. any idea ?

thanks for natit anyway :)

dear mcsmart,

thanks for your help to this community...i am here because after a successful install of kalyway 10.5.2 on my hackintosh i tried to install toast titanium 9 and discovered that it could not start because quartz e. and CI were not enabled.

my hardware is :

asus p5kc mobo with C2D e6750

jmicron controller

sata dvd

sata hd 160 gb

ATI RADEON 2600 HD pci-e

i tried to follow your steps but i cannot find what you say in the second step. there is any folder with that name.

1. Extract the archive and copy Natit.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
  2. Locate ATIRadeonX2000.kext in /System/Library/Extensions, Open /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/Info.plist with the editor of your choice and add

anyway.....i tried to go further with your tutorial but , as i could imagine, nothing changed after rebooting and i can assure i prayed much :D

i can still see "C.I. software enable" and "quartz e. not supported"..

please help!!!

thanks

daniele

i tried to follow your steps but i cannot find what you say in the second step. there is any folder with that name.

Enter sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/AtiRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/Info.plist in a terminal window. This will open the plist for editing. After editing press CTRL+O and ENTER to save the changes.

My question:

I have some trouble using NATIT. Screen resolution is fine after installation (1920x1280) with dual displays and the card seems to be recognized (Radeon HD 2600 Pro), however, system profiler shows CI: software and QE: not supported. Are there any suggestions to get CI/QE working? I have been looking all over the forums.

Thanks

thanks gjlr,i am going to try your suggestion right now, will be back here and post the results...evenif i am afraid it won't work....i have the same problem as you, (so far), CI. software and QE non supported....i have an ati 2600 hd,,

Enter sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/AtiRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/Info.plist in a terminal window. This will open the plist for editing. After editing press CTRL+O and ENTER to save the changes.
i tried bu nothing....i typed what you say and terminal opens up the nano editor with a blank page,,,nothing in it!!moreover...where i can get the pci id??' profiler says "device ID 0x9589 ; "id revision 0x0000"...:Sthanksdaniele

thanks gjlr,i am going to try your suggestion right now, will be back here and post the results...evenif i am afraid it won't work....i have the same problem as you, (so far), CI. software and QE non supported....i have an ati 2600 hd,,i tried bu nothing....i typed what you say and terminal opens up the nano editor with a blank page,,,nothing in it!!moreover...where i can get the pci id??' profiler says "device ID 0x9589 ; "id revision 0x0000"...:Sthanksdaniele

That suggests that the AtiRadeon kext file is not present on your system? In my case it asks for my password and then opens the file.

By the way, I downloaded the latest NATIT package from the IRC channel (irc.osx86.hu, #radeonhd channel). This is much easier, since it uses installers and includes a readme. (Still without CI/QE for me...)

That suggests that the AtiRadeon kext file is not present on your system? In my case it asks for my password and then opens the file.

By the way, I downloaded the latest NATIT package from the IRC channel (irc.osx86.hu, #radeonhd channel). This is much easier, since it uses installers and includes a readme. (Still without CI/QE for me...)

could you send me the file??? i just dont use irc!!

thanks!

daniele

SOLVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

thanks to all of you, after some hanging i got my 2600 hd working!!!

my fault was not to add the pci id to info.plist ...done that, i followed the steps posted in the first post of this 3d, rebooted and.....CI hardware accelerated, QE ENABLE, Rotation SUPPORTED

wonderfullllll

HAS ANYONE GOTTEN THEIR 2600PRO (9589) WORKING ON AN AMD CPU???

If so please post HOW!

I did. And I already posted how :P

And btw: PLeaSE STop WRitInG LIkE ThIS!

I did. And I already posted how :P

And btw: PLeaSE STop WRitInG LIkE ThIS!

Can you post a linky please?!?!?!?!?! I really want to get it working...your tutorial in this thread doesn't work...it doesn't matter what I try I do what people say but it just doesn't work. After I do it all I get is a solid blue background and my cursor, nothing else. It always does this no matter what I try.

And btw: I didn't wright like that...I wrote it all in caps not with mixed capitalizations...

Can you use the Apple DVI-to-video adapter with the Radeon cards?

I'm looking at the PowerColor Radeon 2600 Pro. Has anyone tried this?

My Diamond 2600PRO 512MB PCI-E looks just like the PowerColor one so I guess the answer is no, it doesn't work. At least mine doesn't...

I've got the same problem as drumthrasher109, also tried the steps and it didn't work my system booted but got only the grey screen with the timer running. So I Installed everything again but this time I user kexthelper to install nati.kext. This worked but no QE so I entered my ID in the info.plist file and walla QE only also the white stripes appeared. So i downloaded the fix (from IRC, with tiny URL, gave me an installer could'nt choose 10.5.1. or 10.5.2) installed it and it logged of and after that only a blue screen with my mouse cursor.

After this i've removed the pciid form the info.plist file but this doesn't help.

ANyone any idea how to fix this without reinstalling everything?

PS: Got an Saphire 2600 HD 512MB PCI-E

I've got the same problem as drumthrasher109, also tried the steps and it didn't work my system booted but got only the grey screen with the timer running. So I Installed everything again but this time I user kexthelper to install nati.kext. This worked but no QE so I entered my ID in the info.plist file and walla QE only also the white stripes appeared. So i downloaded the fix (from IRC, with tiny URL, gave me an installer could'nt choose 10.5.1. or 10.5.2) installed it and it logged of and after that only a blue screen with my mouse cursor.

After this i've removed the pciid form the info.plist file but this doesn't help.

ANyone any idea how to fix this without reinstalling everything?

PS: Got an Saphire 2600 HD 512MB PCI-E

Oke I just fixed my problem (I hope ;-) ) what i did is the following.

1) installed natit.kext via kexthelper

2) rebooted my system

3) editted the info.plist and added my pcid

4) rebooted

5) Got whitemenu's => installed (the wrong) whitemenu fix via auto natit installer (belongs to 10.5.2 i think)

6) auto logoff => screwed up system

7) via darwin boot -s deleted my pciid

8) copied the correct menufix to a temp folder (via vista) on my mac hd

9) rebooted via darwin boot -s , mounted my system copied the correct whitemenu fix to the atiradeonx2000GLdriver.dump folder exitted and walla screen was back again

10) copied my backup info.plist file over the original so pciid is back again

Now everything works only one question left: How to test QE and OpenGL?

WELL GUESS WHAT!

I just did 2 installs, yeah 2. Actually 3!

The first one I followed the tutorial all the way through. Didn't work, same {censored}. Blue screen with my cursor.

The second one I followed Wingleaders little tutorial. Didn't work, same {censored}. Blue screen with my cursor.

The third one I just installed the drivers using the provided installer on the IRC #radeonhd channel. Didn't work, same {censored}. Blue screen with my cursor.

Well now what?!?!?!?