49 replies to this topic

FavleX

FavleX

FavleX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

..FavleX,

So you installed everything (all components) and it works fine? Shutdown should work once you have installed the netkas 9.2.0 kernel. If the netkas kernel is better in any way than the vanilla, use it (thats what I'm using). If it doesn't do anything for you, then you might as well use the vanilla kernel. If you get good benchmarks without AHCI mode, then thats great (I'm assuming that you installed the SATA driver then right?). That will shave a few seconds of your boot time, and you will be able to use both OS X and Windows in harmony without changing AHCI settings (cause XP doesn't support AHCI)

HI.
Yes like u said the shutdown issue is gone forevere, and i'm using ahci(no ,I haven't any win at the moment..), unfortunately the sleep isn't working anymore , so I'll take few mins for trying the vanilla one.About no ahci , do u think I could miss some performance on cpying large files ?
Thanks again.

rhalls

rhalls

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
its the most recent kernel included (the one without speedstep for getting sleep again)?
I will give it a shot on one of my systems. Thanks for your work!

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
FavleX,

Thanks, and good luck! :D

rhalls,

The one included is the netkas one without sleep but with speedstep (the older one). If you want I can include both in the final release :)

FavleX

FavleX

FavleX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
ok.
with vanilla the prob about shutdown persist, but if u use the last netkas sleep kernel , u got everything working well , a bit less vanilla, a bit more working.Sleep+Shutdown+Reboot at 100%
Now we can choose :)
Thanks.

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
Yep :o

Everyone, I just modded it a bit so it includes both the speedstep and sleep kernel:
Attached File  installer1.jpg   73.24KB   63 downloads

I won't bother uploading this version but it'll be there in the final.

P.S. Does anyone feel like this should be out of beta now and that it should be publicly released?

FavleX

FavleX

FavleX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

P.S. Does anyone feel like this should be out of beta now and that it should be publicly released?

Absolutely Yes! ;)

Suhail

Suhail

Love is Gone...

• Retired
  • 7,411 posts
  • Interests:PHP Coding
    Trance Music
    Xbox 360 :)
    Web Designing
I have to say, Nice work PCWiz. I used the SATA driver for now on DS3P Rev 1.1 on a ToH install. I may use netkas's kernel but I think I like sleep better than shutdown ;)

FavleX

FavleX

FavleX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

I have to say, Nice work PCWiz. I used the SATA driver for now on DS3P Rev 1.1 on a ToH install. I may use netkas's kernel but I think I like sleep better than shutdown :(

U can have both, check my sig.Our chipset are the same.

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
Yes, I will release this publicly. I have the final release sitting on my desktop. I'll release it later today ;)

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
Everyone, this is out of beta! The new download link for the finalized version of this is at the bottom of the first post :)

Cheep

Cheep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Wiz, I'm going to try this on my new EP35-DS3R build. I noticed you said you took this out of "beta" and it's final, but the upload date on your link is still 3/5. So nothing changed?

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
WOOPS! Sorry, I forgot to change the download link. I'll update it now!!

EDIT: Updated

Cheep

Cheep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
There we go. Thanks, Wiz-- I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheep

Cheep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
My install went smooth as silk, Wiz, great job.

Smooth as silk, that is, until I tried to do GFX-EFI for my Geforce 8800GT (256meg version) using Agrafuese's tutorial. Now I get a black screen on boot. I think I'll try another method to get this thing working. Maybe the NVinstaller...

skredii

skredii

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Black screen may be due to wrong kernel. You are probably running 10.5.2 with 10.5.1 kernel.
Just wait few minutes when you get that black screen, it should boot up in Leo after a few minutes.

Then issue in Terminal: uname -a
And report back what you got.

Hope this helps!

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
Glad it worked Cheep :) Take skredii's advice on the black screen :(

Cheep

Cheep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok, somehow I really borked things, so I started over. Kalyway 10.5.1 (using MBR, only the two Vanilla Kernels and MBR bootloader selected), then Kalyway 10.5.2 Combo Installer, Kalyway kernels package (went with the Speedstep). I then ran your driver installer-- I have the GA-EP35-DS3R. Ethernet is fine, but I don't have sound. My mobo has the same audio as all the other Gigabytes-- did I do something wrong?

I still haven't tried to tackle the video driver yet for my eVGA 8800 GT (256 meg)-- I'll try the latest nVinstaller this time around. Do you recommend doing the Leopard Graphics Update before or after using nVinstaller?

Thanks a ton for all the info you've provided, pcwiz-- I don't think I'd be doing this at all if it weren't for your guides.

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
Yup, theres something wrong with the sound driver installation in the package. 3 people have reported it so far. Just reinstall only the sound driver and nothing else and it should be fine I think :P Do the Leopard Graphics Update before :P

You're welcome :blink:

Cheep

Cheep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks wiz-- I'll try running your package again and installing only the sound driver tonight, and I'll report back.

Cheep

Cheep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Worked-- running your package again and installing only the sound driver worked fine.

Nvinstaller .41 worked like a charm on my 8800GT too. Finally got everything working-- now just need to get comfortable with OSX!

Thanks again, pcwiz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy