Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet

575 posts in this topic

I did a dumb thing, and accidentally deleted the /Apple16X50Serial.kext driver....does anybody know where i can get another copy, for a Lenovo X61 tablet?

Thanks,

~Lyuokdea

Here's the one off my system.

I can't get my CD Rom to work that is in my ultra base. I have an x61 (non-tablet). Can anyone help me please?

Apple16X50Serial.kext.tar.zip

for those wondering which components are _NOT_ working

1) screen brightness

2) multitouch

3) intel 4965 wireless card

4) rotation buttons on the tablet (toolbox as well)

5) integrated SD card; pci framework -- however i am writing a kext for this.

The SD card is working!

The SD card is working!

umm, ok how did you get it working? I highly doubt this -- not calling you a liar, but rather you just may be mistaken.

the only possibility i can think of right now would be that your version of the machine (not the latest x61 tablet -- which is what i presently have) whatever it may be, has its SD card connected via USB and not PCI -- if you can, please attach the output of lspci and lspci -t -- in addition to ioreg output

thanks

/jT

umm, ok how did you get it working? I highly doubt this -- not calling you a liar, but rather you just may be mistaken.

the only possibility i can think of right now would be that your version of the machine (not the latest x61 tablet -- which is what i presently have) whatever it may be, has its SD card connected via USB and not PCI -- if you can, please attach the output of lspci and lspci -t -- in addition to ioreg output

thanks

/jT

well, i do have a version of the x61 tablet with a sd-reader which is connected to pci-bus.

@grandflash

I stand fully corrected -- in fact this is great because they have similar beliefs to mine to open the source -- so i'm going to be adding in all of the other controllers in a plug-in manner -- which is what my skeleton currently holds -- so TI controllers etc -- thank you very much

@outzider

thanks for verification

True, the wireless switch is connected through there. This usually means that the bluetooth was shut off in windows before shut down, which sets a boot flag. Boot into Windows, activate bluetooth, reboot into OS X, turn on the wireless switch, and bluetooth will work. Double check in System Profiler under USB devices.

Hello,

Does bluetooth work for you under 10.5.6? In my case bluetooth and fingerprint reader disappeared literaly after the 10.5.6 update (from a 10.5.5 iatkos i5). What would be the kexts involved in these devices disappearing?

cheers,

Ruben

Does bluetooth work for you under 10.5.6? In my case bluetooth and fingerprint reader disappeared literaly after the 10.5.6 update (from a 10.5.5 iatkos i5).

I haven't had a tablet in probably eight months, but all of those devices are USB 2.0 devices. Check out the USB tab under System Profiler to see if they're still detected.

I broke down, sold my MacBook Unibody, and bought another X61 Tablet. It arrives tomorrow, and I'll be updating this thread accordingly.

I haven't had a tablet in probably eight months, but all of those devices are USB 2.0 devices. Check out the USB tab under System Profiler to see if they're still detected.

I broke down, sold my MacBook Unibody, and bought another X61 Tablet. It arrives tomorrow, and I'll be updating this thread accordingly.

Awesome, looking forward to your updates! Let me know if I can help at all.

Hey guys,

i habe installed my X61 with the Retail DVD. Nearly everything works. On a DMG for the Dell Mini i found a way for autothrottling the cpu. It is SUPERHAI´s GenericCPUmanager.

But this damn brightness. The EDID entry of the internal LCD is not readable/usable. Switching to 800x600 or 640x480 causes blue screens. I tried SwitchResX, but it didnt helped.

I would like to ask someone of you fellows, can you read out the EDID Entry of the LCD (X61 1024x768 max) in Windows XP?

See you then...

Thanks for updating the post; the Ethernet driver kext worked perfectly when installed with b7 on my x61 (restarting wasn't necessary).

Which ethernet driver? There are a couple of different ethernet cards available in the thinkpads.

Last time I checked (~9 months ago), this device was still not working:

(ethernet controller) intel 82566mm (pro 1000)

vendor id: 8086h

device id: 1049h

Does it work now?

BTW, any updates on the status of this one?:

(wifi controller) intel 3945

vendor id: 8086h

device id: 4227h

(ethernet controller) intel 82566mm (pro 1000)

The kext for this is in the top post -- works great, until you put the machine to sleep, and then it stops wanting to communicate. Good in a pinch, though, I've been using it for the past few days while I wait for my new wireless card. The 3945 is still toast, though. iwi3945 can detect it, scan for networks, and that's about it. People are still 'diligently working at it', as they have for some time now. :lol:

Spend the $20 on a Lenovo Atheros card.

Just got beta 16 of Tablet Magic and The TabletMagicDaemon is throwing:

/Library/PreferencePanes/TabletMagic.prefPane/Contents/Resources/TabletMagicDaemon: illegal option -- 3

which is funny because the next lines:

Mar 29 05:45:24 edgar com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[130]: Usage: TabletMagicDaemon [options]

Mar 29 05:45:24 edgar com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[130]: -3 Initially try 38400 baud.

anyone else having this problem?

Hello,

Does bluetooth work for you under 10.5.6? In my case bluetooth and fingerprint reader disappeared literaly after the 10.5.6 update (from a 10.5.5 iatkos i5). What would be the kexts involved in these devices disappearing?

cheers,

Ruben

Any news on the Bluetooth and fingerprint reader ?

No, I can't get my touch screen to work either. Tried all the suggestions people posted here. I guess it is just a different piece of hardware that needs a different driver.

Hi Guffin!

Were you able to have your X61T touchscreen working?

did anyone updated 10 10.5.6 ?

Just download the update from apple and run it. Works well for me. But finger print scanner is not compartible with 10.5.6 yet. If you want to use the finger print scanner, don't update.

UPDATE: fixed the menufela problem. Apparently affects all Leopard machines and software that uses 'application enhancer'. Also, the PCCard fix does kill sleep (whether or not a card is inserted). Also, though it does make the PCCard slot work, my specific card doesn't have x86 Mac drivers (only PPC).

I mistakenly installed it on my Leopard.

I did not find anything on Google that could help me.

Can you tell me how you did it?

Thanks in advance

can you give the setting that you used for installation

I'll be updating the top post tomorrow, but it was mostly a default install, though I'm using the Voodoo kernel instead of vanilla to avoid the I386_DIV error, and selected the Intel 82566 driver.

I'll be updating the top post tomorrow, but it was mostly a default install, though I'm using the Voodoo kernel instead of vanilla to avoid the I386_DIV error, and selected the Intel 82566 driver.

is sleep/wake working did you need to install batttery fix ? power management ? pcmcia ? sd card ?

downloading right now iPC

as soon as it's done will give it a try or may wait until you update the top post to avoid trial and error

Getting closer and closer to a real Thinkbook