New Build of OS X Leopard

Numberzz

107 posts in this topic

will it be possible to install it on hackintosh straight from the box or should we wait for the hacked release?

With my EFI install all that was required was replacing/deleting about 4 files again after install.

~mac.nub

will it be possible to install it on hackintosh straight from the box or should we wait for the hacked release?

Depends on your specs, for some, as macnub, just deleting some kexts.

In my case if I just delete AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext in my Dell Lappy I'm good, in my AMD it needs to run the Marvin's utility to create the CPUIDs and decrypted files.

Depends on your specs, for some, as macnub, just deleting some kexts.

In my case if I just delete AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext in my Dell Lappy I'm good, in my AMD it needs to run the Marvin's utility to create the CPUIDs and decrypted files.

when you say depends do you mean hardware? how did you know what files to remove? (in previous 10.5.1 update)

thanks for the reply

10.5.2 apparently is going to be release by the end of this month:

Appleinsider has also heard whispers about an "unusual number of visual resources" being prepped for late February Apple Event. Apple is due for a number of potential releases in the coming weeks: Apple TV software revision, MacBook Pro updates, and Mac OS X 10.5.2. Citing February 26th as the exact date.

Why would they delay it untill end of the month when it's extremely solid (according to Stellarola) right now? That's just another 2-3 weeks. They even pushed out 9C31 with just one bugfix, when they really intend to delay it untill 26th of February they would've waited for new bugs.

Btw, this is something I've read yesterday. Seems pretty obvious to me that Apple is ready with 10.5.2:

*We have no new issues or anything pending that may negatively result in a malfunction caused by this point release, but we are going to let you try it to be sure before we finalize it for general OS X users to install.

This in no way means that the OS is perfect and pristine. In fact, we are sure there are issues that we have not yet discovered, as well as infinite ways to optimize the system further, and we also have a laundry list of things that will in no way effect the end user or developer so it's pretty pointless to list here so we won't. We will continue to make it better, faster, more efficient.

Sincerely,

Mr. Prolix Logorrhea Pleonasticstein

Seems like a seed note from the lead Mac OS X developer to me.

Why would they delay it untill end of the month when it's extremely solid (according to Stellarola) right now? That's just another 2-3 weeks. They even pushed out 9C31 with just one bugfix, when they really intend to delay it untill 26th of February they would've waited for new bugs.

Btw, this is something I've read yesterday. Seems pretty obvious to me that Apple is ready with 10.5.2:

Seems like a seed note from the lead Mac OS X developer to me.

Apple does not need to release 10.5.2, they could probably hold the release for the Apple event. If 9C31 is the final developer release, thats does not mean is going to hit the regular users immediately.

Apple does not need to release 10.5.2, they could probably hold the release for the Apple event. If 9C31 is the final developer release, thats does not mean is going to hit the regular users immediately.

Yes, you're right, but it's just so.. Well, everybody is waiting for 10.5.2 for (more than) 2 months right now. Time after time has been rumoured release is near and now they intend to delay it again with 2-3 weeks?

However, seeing how much users do have problems with 10.5 they should release 10.5.2 as soon it's done.

Though they haven't announced a release date for 10.5.2 it's strange since Apple is delaying too much products lately. It was said Apple TV Update came 2 weeks after the keynote. And then Apple announced the Apple TV Update was delayed with another two weeks. Eventually if Apple wants to keep their word on this they have to be ready with the Apple TV update next Tuesday.

*We have no new issues or anything pending that may negatively result in a malfunction caused by this point release, but we are going to let you try it to be sure before we finalize it for general OS X users to install.

This in no way means that the OS is perfect and pristine. In fact, we are sure there are issues that we have not yet discovered, as well as infinite ways to optimize the system further, and we also have a laundry list of things that will in no way effect the end user or developer so it's pretty pointless to list here so we won't. We will continue to make it better, faster, more efficient.

Sincerely,

Mr. Prolix Logorrhea Pleonasticstein

It it just me, or does anyone else find that name funny?

prolix = long/wordy

logorhea = incoherent, repetitous speech

pleonastic = (adj) redundancy; superflous

Check www.dictionary.com;

Are you sure that's even vaguely real? :wacko:

It it just me, or does anyone else find that name funny?

prolix = long/wordy

logorhea = incoherent, repetitous speech

pleonastic = (adj) redundancy; superflous

Check www.dictionary.com;

Are you sure that's even vaguely real? :wacko:

Yes, it's a pretty strange name, but perhaps it's some nickname.

They guy who posted it seems reliable to me.

Appleinsider has also heard whispers about an "unusual number of visual resources" being prepped for late February Apple Event. Apple is due for a number of potential releases in the coming weeks: Apple TV software revision, MacBook Pro updates, and Mac OS X 10.5.2. Citing February 26th as the exact date.

Mabye they'll upate the Apple Cinema Displays as well? (It's only been over 3 and a half years since they updated them!)

Maybe they're getting their advertising and promo stuff ready for 10.5.2. I was very excited to move from Tiger to Leopard. Now that I've been here a while, 10.5.2 isn't "all that" to me right now. I have no issues at the moment and currently use my Hackintosh has my main computer for doing web design work.