[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Superhai, I change from modded AppleACPIPlatform to vanilla and now it does not present the keyboard issues after wake.

The only issue I have is that I loose the first headphones jack after sleep, speakers works fine, also second headphone jack works fine.

@Theanine possibly the beta kexts need something else, sometimes between versions something is broken or conflicts.

Good point, I was thinking the same, but it was not working before the experimental USB kexts while it was the only thing that had ever worked without any problems at all! I never knew the reason for it being detected as an USB device considering it is integrated into the monitor. Shouldn't it be under the PCI token to begin with? Pardon my ignorance.....

Macgirl,

I'd like to compile a more procedural tutorial for XPS M1330, and was wondering if you could help me out with best order to apply patches etc. I will then document it and add as a new topic.

To date I have:

-installed iATKOS 1.0i

-updated to 10.5.2 using Kalyway update

-updated kernel to 9.2.0 (Kalyway)

-tried various patches usually ending in kernal panic screen

2007-04-09_osx_kernel_panic.png

-tried the combo updater

-tried without kernel update

-repeat a few times

Tried something different:

-installed Kalyway 10.5.1

-bluetooth working

-applied the STAC9228_0x83847616.zip patch that is linked from original post using kext helper

-working audio finally yay!

-Created partition backup with Acronis True Image

-update to PC_EFIv8

-delete previously installed ALCinject.kext

-try to apply your com.apple.Boot.plist.zip from

Success with gfx string for PC-EFI on XPS M1330 for 8400GS, Includes Ethernet and Audio properties

-got Kernel panic screen on reboot

-Restored from backup as I don't know where to go from a Kernel Panic

I am willing to do a step by step (including all options that need to be selected and screenshots) guide if yourself or somoene else is willing to provide a guiding hand while I work through the installation process.

Your or anyone elses help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I have Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel AMD and have no avail installing it on my M1330 (specs in my sig). It always hang at

"MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers".

What I did to get there is press F8 then "-V -X -Y cpus=1"

I want to install Leopard on my XPS M1530 but I don't know which version is the best.

Kalyway 10.5.1 or Kalyway 10.5.2.

I read there was some problems with the version 10.5.2 so I don't know what to do.

Which version do you recommend for a XPS M1530 ?

I want to install Leopard on my XPS M1530 but I don't know which version is the best.Kalyway 10.5.1 or Kalyway 10.5.2.I read there was some problems with the version 10.5.2 so I don't know what to do.Which version do you recommend for a XPS M1530 ?
Hello shyronI have the dell M1530 and have found that the kalyway 10.5.2 has worked the best so far. I'm still having sound, reboot and shutdown issues. The sound I did fix once but then forgot what I did. I haven't worked on the reboot and shutdown issues yet. I really like the new kalyway DVD. I'd be glad to compare notes if you decide to try it. What are the specs of your machine?

* Edit to remove double post

I want to install Leopard on my XPS M1530 but I don't know which version is the best.

Kalyway 10.5.1 or Kalyway 10.5.2.

I read there was some problems with the version 10.5.2 so I don't know what to do.

Which version do you recommend for a XPS M1530 ?

I too have a new XPS M1530,

The Kalyway 10.5.2 AMD Intel DVD worked best for me. ( Tried ToH's 10.5 and Kalyway 10.5.1 )

I too cannot put it to sleep or shutdown correctly, it is my understanding that the nVidia kext drivers are the cause of this.

Wireless is working, I ordered my XPS with the Dell 1490 card for this reason.

Fingerprint scanner is working with the Protection suite software.

Integrated webcam works as iSight, Photobooth sees it, haven't tried iChat...

Delicious Library sees the camera, but can't seem to take a snap of the barcodes... (blurry)

USB works now, I didn't change to the 10.5.3 beta kext drivers...

iMovie fails to launch, I get a message that it has unexpectedly quit.

Macgirl,

I'd like to compile a more procedural tutorial for XPS M1330, and was wondering if you could help me out with best order to apply patches etc. I will then document it and add as a new topic.

I think that I am not the best person for it, since I didn't install win iATKOS or Kalyway, I did my first install with the BrazilMAC Method (with some twists) and I ever do manual installation of new kexts.

But I know some simple rules, like no AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext, if EFI v8 is installed you can run vanilla kernel, and gfx strings, if you select vanilla ACPIPlatfor you need ACPIPS2nub.kext for keyboard and Mouse and if you want battery meter you need AppleACPIPowerSource plugin, and other things necessaty for speedstep, sleep, QE/CI.

Tried something different:

-installed Kalyway 10.5.1

-bluetooth working

-applied the STAC9228_0x83847616.zip patch that is linked from original post using kext helper

-working audio finally yay!

-Created partition backup with Acronis True Image

-update to PC_EFIv8

-delete previously installed ALCinject.kext

-try to apply your com.apple.Boot.plist.zip from

Success with gfx string for PC-EFI on XPS M1330 for 8400GS, Includes Ethernet and Audio properties

-got Kernel panic screen on reboot

-Restored from backup as I don't know where to go from a Kernel Panic

I am willing to do a step by step (including all options that need to be selected and screenshots) guide if yourself or somoene else is willing to provide a guiding hand while I work through the installation process.

Your or anyone elses help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

If you are using gfx string and didn't install Leopard Graphics Update the Nvidia 10.5 or 10.5.1 kexts could cause kernel panic.

In order to see what is causing the panic you need to boot in Verbose Mode (-v) and see what kext or other program is causing the halt.

I too have a new XPS M1530,

The Kalyway 10.5.2 AMD Intel DVD worked best for me. ( Tried ToH's 10.5 and Kalyway 10.5.1 )

I too cannot put it to sleep or shutdown correctly, it is my understanding that the nVidia kext drivers are the cause of this.

Wireless is working, I ordered my XPS with the Dell 1490 card for this reason.

Fingerprint scanner is working with the Protection suite software.

Integrated webcam works as iSight, Photobooth sees it, haven't tried iChat...

Delicious Library sees the camera, but can't seem to take a snap of the barcodes... (blurry)

USB works now, I didn't change to the 10.5.3 beta kext drivers...

iMovie fails to launch, I get a message that it has unexpectedly quit.

gNOMEintheRedHat,

What did you do to get the sound working? I have a fairly new XPS1530 (about a month old) and for the life of me can't figure out my Sigma Tel model #. I've tried several things from this thread, but unfortunatly an unknow combination that I did got it working. I tried to do everything from scratch again, but now can't get the sound working. The shutdown and restart don't bother me as much as no working sound. Any help would be greatly appriciated. I'm tring to put together a complete guide for this Dell model for others to try.

Thanks,

gNOMEintheRedHat,

What did you do to get the sound working? I have a fairly new XPS1530 (about a month old) and for the life of me can't figure out my Sigma Tel model #. I've tried several things from this thread, but unfortunatly an unknow combination that I did got it working. I tried to do everything from scratch again, but now can't get the sound working. The shutdown and restart don't bother me as much as no working sound. Any help would be greatly appriciated. I'm tring to put together a complete guide for this Dell model for others to try.

Thanks,

I have the M1530 myself and what works for me every time is to manually, via terminal, remove the AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext and (RE)install the Stac9228 prepatched HDAudio kexts found in the very first post of this thread. Also, don't just move them into your extensions folder but do it properly via the terminal OR Kext helper b7. If that fails, simply use the Taruga's AppleHDA 1.16 patcher with the 9228 codec dump, very simple and effective, the first option is preferrable. Good Luck.

ok i have an issue with itunes not working and youtube not working.itunes wont even play and youtube willl only play for about 2 seconds then stop..

anyone have any idea whats wrong?

i have the sound blaster hd audio card...what do i have to do to get sound working as well?

and lastly how do i get my specs up on the bottom of my posts? :) i have it all written down in personal statement

I have the M1530 myself and what works for me every time is to manually, via terminal, remove the AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext and (RE)install the Stac9228 prepatched HDAudio kexts found in the very first post of this thread. Also, don't just move them into your extensions folder but do it properly via the terminal OR Kext helper b7. If that fails, simply use the Taruga's AppleHDA 1.16 patcher with the 9228 codec dump, very simple and effective, the first option is preferrable. Good Luck.

What exactly are the commands to remove them in terminal? :)

May I ask which modifications you did to AppleSMBIOS and Powermgmnt and which results they have?

Thanks

AppleSMBIOS -> (added some from macdotnubs (dvd-fix)) put the real serialnumber into ioreg, fixed reading of memory, adding board-id, using macbookpro as matching machine type, added biosversion into bootrom version string, set built-in to true off builtin pci devices etc

Powerm -> some bugfixes of the acpibattery reader from the other modified powermgnt bundle and updated to 10.5.2 bundle, better time calculation, etc

I am updating my website and will add the files I have modified with sources in the next couple of days. ( www.superhai.com )

I plan to make overhauls and if i get time i want to make a new battery.kext which can use the stock powermangamnet.

Sonotone's package seems to have made my M1530 a lot more usable with Leopard. I installed the 9228 STAC audio package, I already had the two finger scrolling working, I reinstalled AppleSMBIOS and the Sleep fix. My m1530 now sleeps and wakes up properly, I get audio at every boot (before it was very unstable and I think after sleeping the computer once it has worked all the time, sleeping only the screen had stopped working) and I don't get frustrated all the time.

My iMovie also crashes and Phonebooth has crashed on me sometimes after taking pictures.

I still have to manually load IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext if my USB external drive wasn't plugged in at boot but that is my only complaint right now.

havanahjoe::

do u have sound blaster hd audio by any chance? how did u get this to work?

and how did u get sleep and wake to work properly? i cant get it to work.. i dont know if i have efi installed..

and have u had problem with itunes not working? i cant get it to play.. might be because i dont have audio driver installed?

I need some help. I just got xps 1530 and i would like try to instaling OS X. I read some post but I could not find anything where to start?what options to pick from bootdvd? I have kalyway 10.5.2. I'm new to this, please help. thanks

Sonotone's package seems to have made my M1530 a lot more usable with Leopard. I installed the 9228 STAC audio package, I already had the two finger scrolling working, I reinstalled AppleSMBIOS and the Sleep fix. My m1530 now sleeps and wakes up properly, I get audio at every boot (before it was very unstable and I think after sleeping the computer once it has worked all the time, sleeping only the screen had stopped working) and I don't get frustrated all the time.

My iMovie also crashes and Phonebooth has crashed on me sometimes after taking pictures.

I still have to manually load IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext if my USB external drive wasn't plugged in at boot but that is my only complaint right now.

Can you point us to what tutorial you used to install the sound files? I tried the installer from the package that sono put together and could not get it to work. A laptop without sound is very frustrating!

I need some help. I just got xps 1530 and i would like try to instaling OS X. I read some post but I could not find anything where to start?what options to pick from bootdvd? I have kalyway 10.5.2. I'm new to this, please help. thanks

I am new to this also, but I feel that Kalyway was easier, because I barely had to customize anything and it worked. Pretty much I left all my settings the same except I added the NVInject and it got everything working except for wifi (because I have intel and not dell), sound, and shutdown/restart. Which wifi and sound are major issues, but at least I got farther with Kalyway than I did with iAtkos.

OK, so I finally got my sound working consistently. I installed the Kalyway CD with no sound drivers during setup. I then deleted the ALCinject and AppleHDA kext files and did a repair of the permissions on the hard drive. I rebooted then installed the Sigmatel_9228_codecdump2.txt using the Apple HDA patcher v1.13. (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859 and http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/sig..._codecdump2.txt). I then repaired the permissions again and it worked. I'm pretty sure that a few stups are unnessesary, but this is the only way I seem to have gotten working. The headphones and internal speakers both work as they are supposed to.

So now the only things left are the Shutdown and restart and the integrated NIC. I have the Marvell 88E80XX card. I'm not too worried about it as I don't really connect via wire that much anyway.

The shutdown and restart would be nice to get working, but again, I'm not to worried about it. I tried the patch in the NVInstallerV.41, but that didn't do anything.

Also, USB is working fine. I'm able to add or remove devices like USB drives without having to reboot.

I have not tested Time Machine yet.

OK...I am pretty new to this. I plan on getting an M1530 in Q4. Anyway, I feel using Kalyway 10.5.2 would be best, but I have no idea what anyone means by "boot options" etc,etc... I just basically need to know what to do to get sound working it appears.

Thanks in advance.

ok i have an issue with itunes not working and youtube not working.itunes wont even play and youtube willl only play for about 2 seconds then stop..

anyone have any idea whats wrong?

i have the sound blaster hd audio card...what do i have to do to get sound working as well?

and lastly how do i get my specs up on the bottom of my posts? :wacko: i have it all written down in personal statement

Click on my controls and select edit signature and put your specs there.

I think that I am not the best person for it, since I didn't install win iATKOS or Kalyway, I did my first install with the BrazilMAC Method (with some twists) and I ever do manual installation of new kexts.

But I know some simple rules, like no AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext, if EFI v8 is installed you can run vanilla kernel, and gfx strings, if you select vanilla ACPIPlatfor you need ACPIPS2nub.kext for keyboard and Mouse and if you want battery meter you need AppleACPIPowerSource plugin, and other things necessaty for speedstep, sleep, QE/CI.

If you are using gfx string and didn't install Leopard Graphics Update the Nvidia 10.5 or 10.5.1 kexts could cause kernel panic.

In order to see what is causing the panic you need to boot in Verbose Mode (-v) and see what kext or other program is causing the halt.

Hi Macgirl,

Can I please confirm if NVInstaller is required when using PC_EFIv8?

Thanks