If you won the lottery....

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

apowerr

apowerr

InsanelyMac Deity

• Retired
  • 1,875 posts

2. Make artistic video games with {censored} characters, particularly RPGs that aren't dumbed down or tedious blood baths. A competitor for The Sims, too.

Artistic video games that are leet:
Half Life and related expansions (think of all the civilians that are {censored})
Half Life 2 and Episodes I & II (~8/100 civilians can be considered {censored})
TES III: Morrowind (~8/100 civilians can be considered {censored})
TES IV: Oblivion (~8/100 civilians can be considered {censored})
KotOR ({censored} romance options, ~8/100 civilians can be considered {censored})
KotOR II ({censored} romance options, ~8/100 civilians can be considered {censored})
Mass Effect ({censored} romance options, ~8/100 civilians can be considered {censored})
Fable ({censored} marriage, {censored} characters, bisexuality.)
Bioshock (~8/100 people you kill can be considered {censored})
^^^The video gaming community is actually quite tolerant as is (not so much the people playing the games online). If you're going to make RPGs, I'll be sure to play :rolleyes:
@Superstition: A lot of your post have been about {censored} in general. If you don't mind my asking, where you severely mistreated? Are you regularly around intolerance or something? (not trying to offend, just curious)

superstition

superstition

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

A lot of your post have been about {censored} in general.

I've never played a game with a {censored} character in it. Online games are not something I've played. Therefore, I feel it would be a good thing to be willing to have {censored} characters, and not just in minor or sidekick roles.

What would be particularly interesting is for the Square FF7 "determine the character's sexuality" system to be more fairly and fully implemented, not used to reinforce homophobia via sophomoric humor.

Since heterosexuality is the assumed default, when someone like myself posts about {censored} people, it seems excessive. It's not excessive, though. If the invisible "heterosexuality assumption" resulted in posts with the word hetero constantly, it would be far more prevalent a word than me posting about {censored} issues.

As for homophobia/mistreatment... absolutely. One example of practically countless examples is the {censored}-baiting used by the Republican Party with its constitutional amendment to prevent me from having my 10 year marriage legally recognized. Having kids substitute {censored} for bad/stupid in everyday speech isn't so pleasant, either.

Dany Boy

Dany Boy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
The big issues? Hahahaha

As soon as i get the money, i would be starting to make hobbie movies.
I would make a really big party...or two...or three. Lot of alcohol (like bathing in it), Zoe the band playing (Mexican band), or Cafe tacuva, dont know. Some pistol shots to the air (cool, uh?). I would pay a really cool travel with all of my friends to Cancun, or to another country, and after that, one with my family.

I would make of Santa Clauss with all those boys living in the streets.

I'd buy a really cool house for my mom, its her dream, and a really cool car for my dad. For my brother, i would buy him whatever he wants.

Then i would buy a house (a modest one), and give it to the first poor person i see. He would be nuts, just like me winning the lottery.

All the rest? To have a monster fu+cking killer PC with OS X, or just a Brand new Mac Pro, and one of these: little departament, or a house far away the city. That place would have lot of beer (like one or two for a day), and i would be writing, composing, painting, till the money is over (i would just need to pay basic services, and my food, and the person who makes the food -a beauty rural woman, of course-). Who knows? maybe my music makes me living.

Oh god, now i want lottert :angel:

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,366 posts
I have really not much desire for a huge amount of money.
As it has been already said, money can't buy what matters most, for instance:

1)Health if you have certain illnesses (I suffer from CFS)
2)Make you any younger
3)A nice, loving partner who isn't only after your money.

Λύκος

Λύκος

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Linguistics, technology, literature, music, film, etc.
I'd pay-off my debts and all my immediate family member's debts, probably cousins I liked too, fix-up their cars, buy them homes if they don't already own them, pay for private education and college for them (damnit aunt Sandra, six kids, what the hell were you thinking?! You're going to bankrupt me!), probably spend a million of it on luxuries for myself, friends, family (everyone I like would get a 24" iMac for their household... so that's about ten or so) and invest the rest (should have well-over $20mil left) in savings/stocks/bonds/foreign markets/gold so I can live off of the interesting from savings/revenue from investing in case I ever get injured or the job market goes south.

I'd not be one of those idiots that manage to get themselves into debt after winning the opportunity of a life-time... set things right, do a few nice things, and be smart with it. Nothing eccentric.

CompCrasher86

CompCrasher86

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Building computers, audio and video editing, HOME THEATER, Xbox 360.
The first thing I would do if I won the Lottery is I would buy my dad a nice car and a large home with a gourmet kitchen, because that is what he has deserved his whole life for raising me the way he did.

House,Car, boat, the usual:
I would then buy myself a vacation home on the island of Aruba, a house in Marblehead Massachussetts (My favorite town in the world) and a penthouse in New York. I would buy a BMW X5 and a BMW M5 Convertible. I would also buy a Sunseeker yacht and also a 20 foot ribcraft RIB with twin Honda 250hp Four-Stroke Engines. Yes I am very specific about what i would want :)

Electronics: I would buy myself the new 24 inch iMac and have it mounted to the wall then connected the best projector money could buy in a home theater room. I would then get a MacBook pro loaded to the maximum and also one for my dad. I would then buy a 60 inch pioneer elite for my bedroom and also I would get the 16gb iPhone and a MotoRazr2 for when I go on trips and don't want to carry around an "expensive" phone.

I would also donate $1,000,000 to the private school I went to when I was young because they were the ones who paved my path to success and kept me away from drugs and alcohol.

dark4181

dark4181

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:cars and computers
1) Pay off all my debt
2) 6 months of expenses in bank
3) Retirement funds fully funded/maxed out
4) Trusts (or equivalent) set up for my younger brother and sister
5) Invest in mutual funds to grow more money
6) Build at least 3 homes. One here, one in the Rocky Mountains, one on a beach somewhere. All will be "off the (power) grid" homes
7) Buy every car I ever wanted, including a couple of custom construct
8) Buy every piece of technology (tv, computer, video game, etc) that I want
9) Take a cooking class
10) Get a degree or three
11) Find a decent girl
12) Start a business
13) Hook up family and friends
14) Be generous
15) Live on the interest payments of my investments

harry78

harry78

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Well if I won million dollars; firstly I would invest a major share of it in buying shares or saving it in a reputed bank for my future. Secondly I will donate some money to the organizations that take care of the animals. I would also like to donate money to the disaster-affected areas.

dafootballer

dafootballer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
well most of it gets taken away by tax lol

i would pay off developers to start porting games to mac

CharredPC

CharredPC

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Easy; put it all in the bank. Use enough of it to buy a house in the country, pay all bills off in advance for the next 50 years. Get myself a new car. No need to be wasteful, just finally will be able to retire. Probably cough up a bit for the kids, college funds, etc. Live off the interest, escape the rat race and unemployment...

One tiny little issue is I live in Utah. No lottery. Oh, that must be why I'm moving to Idaho ;)

lildimsum7

lildimsum7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'd diversify: bank, some stock, bonds, etc. and I'd still go to college and I won't tell my family I won. Then I'll work my way to becoming a billionaire.

nickve

nickve

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I would buy my own island, cut off all connections to civilization & live the rest of my days growing a massive beard.

Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I'll probably give some to charity, and do something useful out of that money.

filip3311

filip3311

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
1. Buy a BMW M5 TURBO in Midnight Black
2. Bugatti Veyron
3. Purchase an island in Turks and Caicos or something like that.
4. Buy every Apple product available.
5. Buy My parents and Bro a villa in southern France.

The rest will go to my other family members, and investments.

rasscass

rasscass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
[claps hands twice] "wipers!"

jesusfreak198989

jesusfreak198989

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Well, If I won atleast $60 million, 30mil would go to the AGA so it can start funding Professional Go Players. Pay off my small debt, finish school, and then live off of the interest. Maybe be a full time student.

xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
If I won I'd donate Half to OSx86 (: you guys have made it possible for me to feel like I have money xD! And then I'd make a Super Mac Pro, 12GB RAM, 8GB Processor, Deffy Dual Core. and run retail ;)

booger_sniffer5000

booger_sniffer5000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Interests:OSx86 (duh)

8GB Processor

:)

Chetzar

Chetzar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hrm $180M...
New Jeep Wrangler, Chevy Camaro, Dodge Challenger (6.1L V8 of course). Move to Colorado, Buy House, Rock Climb.

Oh yeah, and of course buy my parents/grandparents a new house wherever they want, new cars ect, pay and debt they have ect.

jgrimes80

jgrimes80

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
-I'd put a few local politicians in my pocket and proceed to have that 30mil-180mil go to work for me.
-I'd also start carry bullets again...
-My wife wants a top end SUV (only because my mother brags about her decked out MDX)
-Buy my dad his dream car - A very particular Ford T-Bucket
-And in this economy, I'd definitely pick up as much commercial real estate as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy