[HowTo] Intel 8xx 1280x800 Full Support

meddlingBanter

461 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

I just did the Startup Script Edit and my Intel 865G is now running at full 1280X1024 32Bit! I see a bright future for MacOS X on this computer. And now I'm going to see what this thing does with my 3dfx Voodoo 3 3000. You see, I'm simply looking for screensize. Acceleration is not going to be important for me. If anything, I just needed to get to the desktop and have it be a relatively decent size.

The OS is without a doubt the most beautiful one Ive ever seen. It even puts Amiga to shame. I will be buying a COA for it as I defintely want to support excellent software.

Go Steve Jobs! GO APPLE!!!

• 1 month later...
I just did the Startup Script Edit and my Intel 865G is now running at full 1280X1024 32Bit! I see a bright future for MacOS X on this computer. And now I'm going to see what this thing does with my 3dfx Voodoo 3 3000. You see, I'm simply looking for screensize. Acceleration is not going to be important for me. If anything, I just needed to get to the desktop and have it be a relatively decent size.

The OS is without a doubt the most beautiful one Ive ever seen. It even puts Amiga to shame. I will be buying a COA for it as I defintely want to support excellent software.

Go Steve Jobs! GO APPLE!!!

What kind of system are you using and what steps did you take to get this resolution? I've been wracking my brain scouring the forums for a solution for my dv1000 1024x768 woes (need at least 1280x768)...

• 2 months later...

has anyone figured out how to make the kext boot up & be reconized under displays in about this mac?

will quartz & core image ever work on this chipset? i'm on a laptop (as most probably) & it's not like i can go buy another card & install it into a built in graphics mobo. WE REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO HELP US POOR 8XX PPL OUT!

Everyone else at least has a shot at making this all work properly, why can't we? C'mon someone needs to show em all up and prove that even the 8xx can do this too. I would try to make something but i don't know how and i would just screw everything up, please someone! I just want to be able to get quartz & core image working properly!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

any luck getting this to work on 10.5.4? the new JaS brings leopard to all us SSE2ers, i have everything working on my laptop besdies true video support

thanks, if someone can figure out how to do this, i'm sure there are quite a few of us that will throw a couple bucks to the developer.... right?

• 4 months later...

need help have HP dv1000 with intel shared 64 MB Intel Extreme Graphic 2 chip I dont think it's 915...anyone know how to get ful QE/CI working I tried other DVD install only 10.4.1,10.4.3 eem to come close but no full resolution ,Tried 830 kexts but kinda un clear to how to edit them to get full Q/E C/I,installed quicktime 10.4.6 w/pacifest can play back avi,H26,nice but no DVD playback,I heard that there i new drivers for the Extreme Graphics 2 chip in Linux can these be ported ? any detailed uggestions woul be awesome cheerz

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x3582

Revision ID: 0x0002

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

• 2 months later...

Were still here, and still interested.... Ive been watching the forums for a few months now, and as far as i know there is no way to get the intel 855 kext working at this point. I read that the intel 915 uses the same basic hardware driver, wonder if anyone has tried modifying the driver.

• 2 weeks later...

i tried to download the AppleIntel830 files and found some. but i have not found the AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext, could everybody be so kind to send me this file via e-mail? (seseips@gmx.at)

thank you.

edit: i ve tried the torrent, but it does not exist any longer