• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

Objection

Objection

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
we're not supposed to have forcedeth in our extensions folder, are we?

MikeInNs

MikeInNs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

we're not supposed to have forcedeth in our extensions folder, are we?

Correct, because it's using the same ID's it might conflict with each other (depending on the 'score' assigned in the info.plist). So it's better to have it removed. Oh and can you try the following please: I had some people who initially had problems but after powering down, unhooking the power cord and bringing it backup it worked for them.

Objection

Objection

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Correct, because it's using the same ID's it might conflict with each other (depending on the 'score' assigned in the info.plist). So it's better to have it removed. Oh and can you try the following please: I had some people who initially had problems but after powering down, unhooking the power cord and bringing it backup it worked for them.

You are my hero!

Working ethernet, posting via stable connection on en0 using DHCP! :)

andyph666

andyph666

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
objection :) you mind telling me what u did hehe. IT WORKS. Mike i wub you man! thanks haha. Weird u have to turn the power off etc first. Sweet now I don't have to buy a network card lol. Jae-v you try this it really works.

flower

flower

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hi guys your driver work great after unplug power cord for a minute.
Great Job.....

mrbocao

mrbocao

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Reporting sucess using this driver on my p5n-e-sli on Tiger JAS 10.4.8, only need to add the DeviceID (0269) on the plist.

Tks

andyph666

andyph666

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
anyone here experiencing freezes with this driver? I can move the mouse when I get into the login window but when i type in my password sometimes my mouse wont work. When I copy something it usually just freezes. iStat menu still goes on and shows core activity and the dock icons change I cant use the keyboard and mouse. No error or nothing :(. This didn't happen with my wireless atheros, Ive taken out my airport atheros and deleted everythign related to it. When I remove the nForcekext, it works fine. No freezes.

Kiamo

Kiamo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm trying to get this working, but I have a strange problem.
I have the evga 680i SLI board. I enabled both NICs in BIOS, but when I restart, System Profiler shows en0 and fw0. When I try to go to Network in System Prefs, it just hangs and I have to kill prefs. I tried disabling firewire (which doesn't seem to work) but that didn't fix it. Disabling the NICs and Firewire and it still shows en0 and fw0 and Network pref still hangs.

Any ideas? Its been doing this since Leo install, with or without this driver.

EDIT: I have resolved this issue. The BrazilMac post-patch renamed my IONetworkingFamily kext and didn't replace it with anything. Naming it back solved the hang and I now have firewire and both network adaptors showing (but ethernet still not working.)

EDIT 2: I have it sort of working... I have en0 working with DCHP, en1 requires me manually entering the IP. However, on either connection, it will kernel panic after a bit of use. :( I have no forcedeth or any other networking drivers installed but this one. I tried unplugging but it didn't help.

chrijj

chrijj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Another working system here :) , I can report that it does work on my ASUS STRIKER EXTREME motherboard, as it uses the same ethernet chipset.

just followed the guide, no problems at all.

Thank you for your great work on this driver :thumbsup_anim: :sorcerer:

weekender

weekender

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Did you turn off the PHY's in BIOS Maybe?

Oh yeah, I forgot I disabled it a long time ago lol. My bad, I'm gonna retry it right away :thumbsup_anim:

Kiamo

Kiamo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok, it seems to stop kernel panics if I disable a core in my BIOS, but then the OS is all stuttery. Hrm.

EDIT: Stuttering was PATA driver not being used; fixed now, but still using one core due to this networking issue.

Objection

Objection

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Ok, it seems to stop kernel panics if I disable a core in my BIOS, but then the OS is all stuttery. Hrm.

I had one kernel panic once when I tried to play an iTunes store preview but haven't had one since. I sorta just dealt with it under the "It's a hackintosh, it'll happen every once and a while" file. That said, if it recurs I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Kiamo

Kiamo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I had one kernel panic once when I tried to play an iTunes store preview but haven't had one since. I sorta just dealt with it under the "It's a hackintosh, it'll happen every once and a while" file. That said, if it recurs I'll be sure to let you guys know.

If I have both cores enabled, it will kernel panic almost immediately after trying to download anything. B)

MikeInNs

MikeInNs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Thanks for all your guys input! This really helps in getting a 'stable' driver.
Reading through the topic it seems in general the driver works although some have issue's with kernel panic's and 'stuttering' etc. I will take a closer look at this. For example the driver kinda cheats with error detection and how it deals with timeout's which could cause stutters and perhaps kernel panics as well.

If I have both cores enabled, it will kernel panic almost immediately after trying to download anything. :thumbsup_anim:

@Kiamo: Do both your ports have a cable connected? I think things might go horribly wrong if both PHY's are active. Didn't really test that scenario...) So if you do, try just using one port and let me know how it goes. I am running dual core (both cores active), although Tiger, but I haven't got a kernel panic yet.

andyph666

andyph666

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
My system knew that one port was connected and the other had a cable unplugged. But when I log in and do something that strains the processor, it freezes although the istat menus monitor still detects cpu usage. I can't use the keyboard or mouse then when using the driver. When I remove the driver, its normal again for some reason.

Micr0mega

Micr0mega

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for this driver. Installing worked like a charm, did it incluiding unplugging the power cable (well flipping the switch). Great job, having no ethernet was one of the major drawbacks of osx86 for my setup, this sheds another light on things! I'll report if any problems occur. :thumbsup_anim:

Kiamo

Kiamo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Thanks for all your guys input! This really helps in getting a 'stable' driver.
Reading through the topic it seems in general the driver works although some have issue's with kernel panic's and 'stuttering' etc. I will take a closer look at this. For example the driver kinda cheats with error detection and how it deals with timeout's which could cause stutters and perhaps kernel panics as well.

@Kiamo: Do both your ports have a cable connected? I think things might go horribly wrong if both PHY's are active. Didn't really test that scenario...) So if you do, try just using one port and let me know how it goes. I am running dual core (both cores active), although Tiger, but I haven't got a kernel panic yet.

I have one disabled in BIOS, and the other is enabled and is the only one with a cable plugged in. Having both active doesn't help.

By the way, I just got a kernel panic with only one core enabled when I tried to download something, but that's the first one from that
EDIT: My mistake, I had the 2nd core on after a restart, sorry.

JaE-V

JaE-V

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
it works! haha confirming with Leopard! Just do the unplug thing! Thanks alot Mike! Your the man

andyph666

andyph666

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
time to reinstall again bah lol.

JaE-V

JaE-V

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
speed is really great too, make sure to post this over at osx86scene.com Mike or pull it and sell the driver from here on haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy