Leopard Nearly Finalized

Takuro

62 posts in this topic

There has been much debate as to what sun will really own after the SCO v. IBM, but no doubt Novell will have a heavier hand in the unix code then it played in the past. As for trying out Looking Glass, well it was a concept alpha that appears to have lost its steam. Sun is not an os, it is a company that makes various platforms, but specifically it engages in creating Server based OS's. Solaris is one of many the company has its fingers in. If you are looking for the cutting edge of 3d enhancements, peek at ubantu or pcos which are linux distros. The main thing to remember with Linux is that at every minute of the day, the code is being changed in any given distro, so there are dependency problems that may haunt you. OS X appears to be much more stable and provides for the single best reason to use it, "it ain't MS" Hee Hee. On the GUI side I am really liking the consistency of OS X.

Eric

It seems like the "poor performance" is related to all the bloat

Bloat? What bloat? You must be thinking of windows because I've never seen OS X with any traditional bloat. If they have any issues it's probably just related to tweaking the code, which Apple is very good at :thumbsup_anim:

It seems like the "poor performance" is related to all the bloat that'll be in Leopard.

I'll keep my Tiger with Liger theme, thanks.

Leopard is sharp like a dart, fastest OS I've ever used. Dropping back to Tiger after trying 9a466 was like diving into a pool of.. something dense.

Any current 'poor performance' is definately just as MyMac8MyPc says; code tweaking left to be done.

Leopard is sharp like a dart, fastest OS I've ever used. Dropping back to Tiger after trying 9a466 was like diving into a pool of.. something dense.

Any current 'poor performance' is definately just as MyMac8MyPc says; code tweaking left to be done.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh... don't let him know that :thumbsup_anim: Let CLiDE think whatever he wants. Leave the really cool OS's like Leopard for the rest of us to enjoy. If he doesn't want to use it then he is only shooting himself in the foot :D

:(

It seems like the "poor performance" is related to all the bloat that'll be in Leopard.

I'll keep my Tiger with Liger theme, thanks.

Bloat? in Leopard?

From all the responses that I've read so far from people who have tried out 9A527 both here and at MacRumors, Leopard seems to be monumentally faster than Tiger on the SAME hardware...especially in Spotlight searches I hear.

Bloat? in Leopard?

From all the responses that I've read so far from people who have tried out 9A527 both here and at MacRumors, Leopard seems to be monumentally faster than Tiger on the SAME hardware...especially in Spotlight searches I hear.

That's a novel idea, a new OS faster on your current hardware, Microsoft should have looked into this concept for Vista

That's a novel idea, a new OS faster on your current hardware, Microsoft should have looked into this concept for Vista

Seconded, I bought a beautiful little HP laptop at a great price but the installed Vista OS really screws it up.

Dual core, 2gb ram should make anything run pretty well, you would think anyway....