• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Dag0n

Dag0n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I think i have tried pretty much every combination of io80211family.kexts, OSX versions (jas 10.4.6, 10.4.8, uphuck 1.3) and i have also placed the headers into the /A folder but i still get either :488 :480 or cannot load dependencies, when intalling the headers, will it want to over write anything? or do they need to be complied? there doesnt seem to be much information as regards to this step.

I have an acer aspire 9420, and my card is a linksys wpc55ag pcmcia which has the atheros chipset in however im not aware what type (5006etc)

My card is picked up at boot

Any help would be much appreciated, or if anyone has anymore information :D

sej111

sej111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
The only thing I can imagine you're doing wrong is putting the contents of the Headers folder in the A folder. If so, you need to put the whole Headers folder in the A folder. You'll be asked to authenticate and you must do so.

Another possibility is you're trying to install in the A folder of the Kerberos.framework instead of the kernel.framework. They are right next to each other, both have a Versions and an A folder, but only the kernel.framework path is correct.

/system/library/frameworks/kernel.framework/versions/A/

Dag0n

Dag0n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I have put all the contents into the kernel.framework folder, will i have to chmod/perm repair at all? or should it ask to overwrite anything at all? I'll do a fresh install of Jas 10.4.8, get my cardbus slot working and use your kexts ill get the info from kextload -vt

sej111

sej111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
If you opened the Headers folder and dumped the contents into the kernel.framework folder, you need to go back to the beginning of this thread and reread everything...Carefully.

Dag0n

Dag0n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I didnt dump them in i copied the directory, maintaining the folder structure. I wasnt sure if there was meant to be a folder in /a/ called headers already that needed to be replaced?

sej111

sej111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Before the Headers folder is installed, the only folder in the A folder is a folder called Resources. You drag Headers into the A folder, authenticate, then install the kext, then enter the appropriate lines using terminal, restart, fix permissions and you're all set.

Dag0n

Dag0n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I have tried your method but i get this error

[codebox]kernel extension /system/library/extensions/io80211family.kext/contents/plugins/airportatheros.kext has problems:
Missing dependencies:
{
"com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily" =
"A valid compatible version of this dependency cannot be found"
}
Warnings:
{
"Kext has a kernel dependency prior to version 6.0 and CFBundleVersion does not match executable's MODULE_VERSION" = true
}[/codebox]

sej111

sej111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I suggest you try to find the JAS 10.4.8 Universal Installer somewhere. The Uphuck 10.4.9 version I have has damaged networking code and this fix doesn't work on that system. What you might try is installing the current airport updates using Pacifist to see if this fix is dependant on a previous Airport update.

Dag0n

Dag0n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
ok i decided to put leave mac for a while and give it a break before i lose all my hair, but ive come back to it and what i have found that may be causing the problem is that the io80211family that i have been using requires the 2.0 version of the iopcifamily.kext, however i cannot use that version as it will not let my pcmcia slot to work, so i guess what i have to do is find an older version of io80211family.kext that has the airportatheros.kext with a dependancy of 1.8 or lower.

mcblack

mcblack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Guys,

I've used the Easy-Installer and everything worked fine.

But when I reboot I get

configd[54]: No Airport Driver found.

In the logs.

I use a Gigabyte mini-pciE Card (Atheros 5006EG) on a fresh installed JaS 10.4.8 without any modifications (just made the internal NIC working).

System ; Dell D620

Any ideas ?

THX in advance and best regards

McBlack

ninetto

ninetto

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
@mcblack...

under System Preferences Utility, check NETWORK, then under "show" Network Port Configurations... un-check your ethernet and just leave the Airport on. Re-boot. If your airport is now working then...
there is still a problem with the dependencies/ports order. Some people have reported the network "fixing itself" by re-booting with certain network ports de-activated, and then re-activating them after boot.

That's my small 2-cents for now...

regards,
ninetto

mcblack

mcblack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

@mcblack...

under System Preferences Utility, check NETWORK, then under "show" Network Port Configurations... un-check your ethernet and just leave the Airport on. Re-boot. If your airport is now working then...

Thanks for the reply

But I don't even have a "AirPort" option there

I only see :

Serial Port
Bluetooth
Built-in Ethernet

even after your suggestions.

:(

Sad day.

But Thanks anyway.

jtab2006

jtab2006

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I just want to thank you all for doing this. I had a seamless install of my Atheros.

When I would boot in Verbos mode I could see that OS X recognized that my Atheros was there but would unsuccessfully load the drivers. The first reboot where I had my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed it successfully loaded the drivers. The moment OS X booted up I could see the Airport icon in the top right hand corner!

I was at a complete loss about what to do about my wireless. Everything else worked. And, for the last week I sacrificed the wireless and just used a wired network. But, now my computer is complete!

Thank you,

grendude2

grendude2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I have an Atheros AR5006EXS and I have tried all of these suggestions and more.
I can't seem to get the card to even be recognized.
If anyone can help please let me know.
At the moment I have Uphuck 10.4.9r3 installed
But I've also tried Jas and others.

Everest tells me:
[ Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter ] Device Properties: Device Description Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter Bus Type PCI Express 1.0 x1 Bus / Device / Function 5 / 0 / 0 Device ID 168C-001C Subsystem ID 10CF-139C Device Class 0200 (Ethernet Controller) Revision 01 Fast Back-to-Back Transactions Not Supported

grendude2

grendude2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
error
localhost kernel[0]: start [/SourceCache/AirPortDriverAtheros5424/AirPortDriverAtheros5424-235.9.3/src/driver/AtherosController.cpp:480] loaded unsuccessfully

I have an Atheros AR5006EXS and I have tried all of these suggestions and more.
I can't seem to get the card to even be recognized.
If anyone can help please let me know.
At the moment I have Uphuck 10.4.9r3 installed
But I've also tried Jas and others.

Everest tells me:
[ Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter ] Device Properties: Device Description Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter Bus Type PCI Express 1.0 x1 Bus / Device / Function 5 / 0 / 0 Device ID 168C-001C Subsystem ID 10CF-139C Device Class 0200 (Ethernet Controller) Revision 01 Fast Back-to-Back Transactions Not Supported

nirvanaguy19

nirvanaguy19

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
have a dell d620 with the atheros ar5006X wifi card, I cant get it to be recognized as airport extreme, the mini pci-e card is pulled from a mac book pro, so it should work, in dmesg I get the "loaded unsuccessfully" error message for the atheros kext (under IO80211Family),

can anyone help, btw i installed uphuck 10.4.9 1.3 os x

lijiwe24

lijiwe24

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
my atheros 5006exs (5424) minipci-e card is been recognized as a Ethernet adaptor(en0),and the mac address is empry , and i use "sudo ifconfig en0 ether 12:32:34:EA:43:43" to add the mac address ,the result is "ifconfig: interface en0 does not exist" ,I have no idea ,who can help me

others: i have a 8139card (en1),it is work good

XxblueboyxX

XxblueboyxX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
thx

tcsac

tcsac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Apparently the file upload is broken after someone hacked the site.

OK...Let's try this:
Kext and Headers
This has the pre-extracted kext and header folder, I also included Kext Helper to install the kext, just drag the kext package into the Kext Helper window (NOTE: if you are not using a password, in the password field type any character, like a period, to activate the easy install button, then delete the character).

I've rehosted this since that host has started being somewhat shady in their tactics (install our great spyware for faster downloads!!):

http://server1.fdcup...nstall.zip.html

ergosteur

ergosteur

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
I tried getting my Atheros cards (Airport Extreme AR5006EXS from black MacBook, Gigabyte AR5006EGS, Acer AR5007EG OEM) to work under JaS 10.4.8, uphuck 1.3, 1.4ir2, Brazilmac leopard. no luck, i consistently get the AtherosController.cpp loaded unsuccessfully. does anyone have any idea what this error means? i can't even find the AtherosController.cpp file.

as a sidenote, i also have a Broadcom 4311/Dell 1390 that doesn't work.

All the above cards work great in windows+linux after following the appropriate procedures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy