Mac OS X on a Dell Latitude D620?

zarya

335 posts in this topic

After much work i got my Dell Latitude D620 working with iDeneb 1.4.

Man, after about 30 installs i nailed it. Updated to 10.5.7 with iDeneb Combo and am now trying to update to 10.5.8 via Software update with the help of the iDeneb 10.5.8 update driver package.

Now going to try to see if snow leopard works on this computer. Im going to install via Leopard to a new partition.

Well see how that goes. (Note. the Snow Leopard is a retail version.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've found different guides to installing 10.5.6 on a Dell D620 and the same thing happens with each one. It will install fine but when going to install any application it will lock up and a message will come up that says "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button for several seconds or press the restart button." I've followed a couple of guides on here and no matter what I can't get this to stay stable. It also give the message on start up but usually after I install the dell post installer or the uninstaller 1.2. When it is on all the hardware works perfectly. Any help would be awesome as I'm about to give up on this.

post-463926-1258234484_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

I was able to get everything to work with the above mentioned guide with full QE/CI, Audio, and wireless on retail Leopard (10.5.8) and Snow Leopard (up to 10.5.2). I'm going to try my hand at getting Kalyway 10.5.2, iDeneb v1.4 or Iatkos 10.5.7 to work.

I was recently fired from my job and have a boatload of time to test this out but should take about a week or more.

I'll keep you posted.

Back early with some interesting news, Kalyway 10.5.2 is working on my D620.

Whats working:

• Sleep
  • Battery indicator works, but only time and percentage. The actual icon is flunky.
  • Wireless
  • Audio
  • QE/CI

Whats not working:

• Ethernet
  • Updates

I installed kalyway without customizing anything, booted using cpus=1 flag then opened Iatkos 10.5.7 with Pacifest and got the VoodooBattery kext. After installing that I changed the bios to disable multicore and everything but sound worked. To get the sound to work I used the 620_sounds file one the first page in this thread and now everything works perfectly except for Ethernet and I have not tried updating yet so I'll let you know when it's done DL'ing.

• 1 month later...

if you do what you do use superduper its free and make a disk image off every step you take so that you can use your install disk and the current working image to return to the previous image you know works saved me a heap of time when i got stuck with a bad kext install

dell d620 1.86 1gb ram 110hdd with vista partition iatkos v1.0i

wifi oob

video oob

mouse keyboard oob

bluetooth oob

dvd rw oob

kalway update 10.5.2comboupdater

kalway update 10.5.3comboupdater

sound sigmatel kext with apple hda patcher: dont open drag and drop sigmatel onto applehdapatcher mic sound works earphone jack works may need to reinsert after computer starts to mute internal speakers

dell postupdater 1.41 update kernel select all to 9.6.0 afterwards install seatbelt from 10.5.6 so that dmg files work and insures the usb still works

not working so far

trackpad tapping

during process of installing i had to remove some apple power kext restart loop lookup(you need to restart press powerbutton and hold for several seconds)

this forum has helped me heaps hopes this helps some one else ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Was your wifi the intel 395 card or broadcom?

Back early with some interesting news, Kalyway 10.5.2 is working on my D620.

Whats working:

• Sleep
  • Battery indicator works, but only time and percentage. The actual icon is flunky.
  • Wireless
  • Audio
  • QE/CI

Whats not working:

• Ethernet
  • Updates

I installed kalyway without customizing anything, booted using cpus=1 flag then opened Iatkos 10.5.7 with Pacifest and got the VoodooBattery kext. After installing that I changed the bios to disable multicore and everything but sound worked. To get the sound to work I used the 620_sounds file one the first page in this thread and now everything works perfectly except for Ethernet and I have not tried updating yet so I'll let you know when it's done DL'ing.

• 6 months later...

Using the EFI Boot Loader and a Snow Leopard 10.6.2 disc I weas able to install snow leopar on a Dell Latitude D620 laptop. But it needs some drivers. It needs the Wireless, Ethernet, Power Management, Touchpad isn't work, Nor the Mouse. Also the biggest problem is the Monitors goes out so I have to plug in an external monitor. Can someone PM me with a link or links to these drivers ?