Introduce Yourself

Swad

213 posts in this topic

Hi,

I use the name Melab to refer to myself and I'm interested in getting Mac OS X running on a PC or more preferably, VMware or VirtualBox.

I am trying to find information on this site to explain the basics. I have a few questions, feel free to answer them here:

1. How do I apply patches to ISOs and how do I do this without using a preinstalled Mac OS X?
  2. Do the people who post some these tutorials expect us to have a copy of Mac OS X already installed on a PC to achieve what we came here for in the first place?
  3. I want to install a retail Mac OS X in either VMware Fusion or VirtualBox, so I don't want use a VM with an operating system already installed on it. I want to do an installation as clean and as little required as possible. How can I do this?
  4. How do I install Chameleon, PC-EFI, or any of boot files that I download (e.g., I download a zip, unzip it, and out comes a file titled "boot")?

• 3 weeks later...

I have been reading the forums, but I never got the chance to introduce myself... Well, my real name is Nick and I'm new to the hackintosh world, but I do have experience with Mac OS X in VirtualBox and VMware and I can give help on either one. I run a website @ http://www.nickmiller.co.cc/ which is something I do for fun.

Hi everyone :) i register here after reading this forum already 6 months and i'm proud to b here :)

Now i will start asking the questions i have coz the "Search Button" can't help me anymore :)

have fun everyone :)

Hi everyone,

I'm a pretty normal guy. Back in 2008 I installed OSX on my pc and since then I'm a hackintosh user. The current version I'm using hasen't been updated since 2008, still as fast a it was.

I'm now converted to macs, net computer I'm gonna buy is gonna be a mac

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick intro:

Yo, I'm Rockbird. Music collector and hopeless geek. Will spend hundreds of dollars on headphones, records, and concert tickets; but I won't spend more than 5 bucks a year on basic necessities like clothing.

Raised using Windows machines, which is good, because it's certainly a language I'll never forget. However I prefer OS X (running on my HP Mini 110 and Macbook). I've almost entirely made the switch to Mac, and now I'm going backwards to see if I can remember how to use the old operating systems.

I can run and get by using almost all Windows operating systems, but I feel there's a lot more I need to learn about the Mac OS. But turning my netbook into a Hackintosh is certainly helping me with that.

I also hate both Microsoft and Apple as companies, and I wish I could add up just how much money I've cheated from them over the years.

Currently running:

Windows XP Pro (Compaq Presario)

Mac OS X Tiger (Mac Mini G4)

Mac OS X Leopard (HP Mini 110)

Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Macbook)

--

Emulating:

Mac OS 6 via MinivMac

Mac OS 9 via Sheepshaver

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

"nalc" is my internet name.

From Philly. Registered here because there was a ton of into on PowerMac G5 cases, and you need to register to see attachments. In the process of fitting an ATX mobo with an i5 and a HD 5850 into a PowerMac G5 case. Learned a lot along the way, and would be happy to share some of my triumphs and mistakes on the build. Right now I'm looking for the front panel pinout so I can wire up the power switch and front USB port.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Lordadmiral Drake speaking (^^)

My real name is Stefan and I am from austria. I currently study Mechatronics and Microsystems Technology at the University of Applied Sciences in Wiener Neustadt. I have a decent amount of knowledge about computer Hardware and often when someone in the neighbourhood or some fellow student has problems with a PC they call me. I also like to write, though I'm currently a bit stuck at my current story.