213 replies to this topic

Marcello Calligaris

Marcello Calligaris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
I'm a NeXTSTEP/OpenStep/Rhapsody fan and collector, and that's pretty much all I have to say

Melab

Melab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi,
I use the name Melab to refer to myself and I'm interested in getting Mac OS X running on a PC or more preferably, VMware or VirtualBox.
I am trying to find information on this site to explain the basics. I have a few questions, feel free to answer them here:
  • How do I apply patches to ISOs and how do I do this without using a preinstalled Mac OS X?
  • Do the people who post some these tutorials expect us to have a copy of Mac OS X already installed on a PC to achieve what we came here for in the first place?
  • I want to install a retail Mac OS X in either VMware Fusion or VirtualBox, so I don't want use a VM with an operating system already installed on it. I want to do an installation as clean and as little required as possible. How can I do this?
  • How do I install Chameleon, PC-EFI, or any of boot files that I download (e.g., I download a zip, unzip it, and out comes a file titled "boot")?

Hernandez

Hernandez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hello

Omnew here.I just want say hello to everyone.)

NickMiller

NickMiller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I have been reading the forums, but I never got the chance to introduce myself... Well, my real name is Nick and I'm new to the hackintosh world, but I do have experience with Mac OS X in VirtualBox and VMware and I can give help on either one. I run a website @ http://www.nickmiller.co.cc/ which is something I do for fun.

MS-666

MS-666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everyone :) i register here after reading this forum already 6 months and i'm proud to b here :)
Now i will start asking the questions i have coz the "Search Button" can't help me anymore :)
have fun everyone :)

Fusion3k

Fusion3k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Guys!

Im Fusion3k, long time windows fan boy who has fallend for the charm of OSX :thumbsup_anim:

I have recently converted my PC into A hackintosh and I am loving it!

Edited by iPoco, 06 September 2010 - 03:54 AM.

Recon 023

Recon 023

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi everyone,

I'm a pretty normal guy. Back in 2008 I installed OSX on my pc and since then I'm a hackintosh user. The current version I'm using hasen't been updated since 2008, still as fast a it was.

I'm now converted to macs, net computer I'm gonna buy is gonna be a mac

Heart OF Chaos

Heart OF Chaos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:anime....kinda<br />gurls....most definitely<br />games....yup!<br /...
Yo i'm Walt but, you can call me Tise....or Chaos

Rockbird

Rockbird

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Quick intro:

Yo, I'm Rockbird. Music collector and hopeless geek. Will spend hundreds of dollars on headphones, records, and concert tickets; but I won't spend more than 5 bucks a year on basic necessities like clothing.

Raised using Windows machines, which is good, because it's certainly a language I'll never forget. However I prefer OS X (running on my HP Mini 110 and Macbook). I've almost entirely made the switch to Mac, and now I'm going backwards to see if I can remember how to use the old operating systems.

I can run and get by using almost all Windows operating systems, but I feel there's a lot more I need to learn about the Mac OS. But turning my netbook into a Hackintosh is certainly helping me with that.

I also hate both Microsoft and Apple as companies, and I wish I could add up just how much money I've cheated from them over the years.

Currently running:

Windows XP Pro (Compaq Presario)
Mac OS X Tiger (Mac Mini G4)
Mac OS X Leopard (HP Mini 110)
Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Macbook)
--
Emulating:
Mac OS 6 via MinivMac
Mac OS 9 via Sheepshaver

charuga

charuga

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hello , i come from croatia and i like to try mac on pc but i donno where to start.if someone have a good information please sent me pm ;)

nalc

nalc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
"nalc" is my internet name.

From Philly. Registered here because there was a ton of into on PowerMac G5 cases, and you need to register to see attachments. In the process of fitting an ATX mobo with an i5 and a HD 5850 into a PowerMac G5 case. Learned a lot along the way, and would be happy to share some of my triumphs and mistakes on the build. Right now I'm looking for the front panel pinout so I can wire up the power switch and front USB port.

Staivefaittee

Staivefaittee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Martial arts
Hello Skurwiel

I am a little bit dizzy.... ply help me!

{censored}.

cinematicme

cinematicme

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, cinematicme here, hopefully I can contribute to the community. I'm an AV Technician and Editor, using Adobe/Apple/AVID tools, and pretty knowledgable on anything mac or iOS.

Lordadmiral Drake

Lordadmiral Drake

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
Lordadmiral Drake speaking (^^)
My real name is Stefan and I am from austria. I currently study Mechatronics and Microsystems Technology at the University of Applied Sciences in Wiener Neustadt. I have a decent amount of knowledge about computer Hardware and often when someone in the neighbourhood or some fellow student has problems with a PC they call me. I also like to write, though I'm currently a bit stuck at my current story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy