PCGenRTL8139Ethernet v1.1.0 (8.4.1) & v1.2.0 (8.8.1) released

orByte

129 posts in this topic

1) If PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext is at the both locations i.e.

/System/Library/Extensions &

[ii] /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

the kext is loaded but i get error as following:

42u419v.jpg

and "dmesg | grep 8139" gives results as below

4826irr.jpg

2) If PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext is only at one locations i.e. /System/Library/Extensions

then kext load fails with no PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext in the System Profiler.

40fxdt5.jpg

i feel i'm very near, but dont know what exactly i'm doing wrong...

how to make PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext to act as plug-in of IONetworkingFamily.kext i.e. /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ without making two copies of PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext as one is already there in /System/Library/Extensions ??

1) If PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext is at the both locations i.e.

/System/Library/Extensions &

[ii] /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

Delete one of the two (e.g., /System/Library/Extensions) , then fix permissions, and reboot with the -f flag. That should do it.

You only need one. Two will create a problem. You could also delete both, then reinstall one at either location.

Best

• 4 weeks later...

Solved...!

I just tried anathor LAN card from the RealTek which shows RTL8139/810x on windows, and it has 8139c printed on it instead of 8139d.

and booommm... it worked as soon as i restarted the system after plugging it in without installing any kext what so ever...!!

Loved Safari...

Thankyou. Thankyou. Thankyou.

I installed mac os x 10.4.9 tubgirl release today on my amd 64 e-machines computer...

Sound didn't work but I found a realtek pkg on this forum, worked great. My ethernet did not work so first I tried using the nforce4 kext, it didn't work at all...

I noticed my other computer had an old ethernet card so I tried plugging that in. Mac os had a new kext error message. I had no idea what kind of ethernet card this was but I searched for the error message on this forum and came to your post. I did the 'risk takers' approach and went into system preferences>networking and low and behold built in ethernet was finally detected. I now have a fully working mac os x system! (i think)

So you can add that this will work with 10.4.9, at least the tubgirl amd release

Okay... When I type in "dmesg" I get:

dmesg:

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: vendorID = 0x10ec deviceID = 0x8139 revisionID = 0x0010

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: found PIO accessor at d001

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: found MMIO accessor at F8110000

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: using PIO access mode...

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: io access at csrBase=d000.

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: Ethernet address 00:40:f4:17:3b:ef

But, i can't see my network card in the networkwindow

Can somebody please help me?

PS: In dthe System Profiler it says:

com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingfamili

"No valid version of this depency can be foun"

Problemo. The network card is present , but I can`t get IP address from DHCP. My ISP assings IP from DHCP automatically . In System Preference/Network always shows me that IP is 169.xxx.xxx.xx . I tried renew , but nothing changed . Any ideas????

I use Mac 10.4.8 SSE2/SSE3 by Jas kernel 8.8.1.

Compaq Presario R3275US(P4 Northwood SSE2, igp9100, ati mobility radeon 9200)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys!

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pa1510 notebook, with Realtek 8139 ethernet, and installed Uphuck 1.4a successfully, but i dont have internet. I think Airport would work, but i cant test it right now. I tried with AppleRTL8139 modified and this PCGenRTL, but still, when i want to look at the network preferences it crashes, saying unexpected quit. Crash report says:Exc_bad_access, and Kern_invalid_id_address (0X0001) at 0Xa3250002. I dont know what to do, i followed the steps written here step to step. I deleted all instances of AppleRTL, and only PCGenRTL is shown in system profiler in software->Extensions Still nothing. Crashes all the time.

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot in advance

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!

i been at this for a week, now heres the thing, i have a broadcom 802.11 multiband network card (wireless with bluetooth)

now, i have tubgirls 10.4.10 and it see's the bluetooth but i cant get the wireless to work

• 2 weeks later...
Problemo. The network card is present , but I can`t get IP address from DHCP. My ISP assings IP from DHCP automatically . In System Preference/Network always shows me that IP is 169.xxx.xxx.xx . I tried renew , but nothing changed . Any ideas????

I use Mac 10.4.8 SSE2/SSE3 by Jas kernel 8.8.1.

Compaq Presario R3275US(P4 Northwood SSE2, igp9100, ati mobility radeon 9200)

Have you solved the problem, because i've got the same or can anybody else solve it?

thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
using add-in PCI card RTL8139 (white box, unknown)

nic detected as Realtek1000 both before AND after installing PCGenRTL8139Ethernet-1.2.0

(as shown in System Profiler extensions pane)

had to backup and delete RealtekR1000.kext from

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/contents/plugins folder before it worked

I'm guessing the RealtekR1000.kext was getting called before the PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext since both had

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x816910ec</string>

in their info.plist files, probably stops searching after first match

it may even have been enough to just do this since it's an add-in card rather than onboard and there's already an AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext installed by default - but haven't tested this.

Just in case it helps anyone else.

It helped. Thanks a lot. The card was al-cheapo RTL8139D based. Have to delete the RealtekR1000.kext

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

If I'm right, I can get my onboard RTL8139 Ethernet working on my uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4, if I use a kext from Tubgirl's appropriate release. Would someone help me and email it to me? having no other downloading opportunity, just my non-working osx86 laptop, I could hardly go on without your kind help...:rolleyes: please pm me, if you could send me this kext!

thanks in advance!

In installation information file there is a path to delete AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext directory

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext

But additional this driver is located in another location and in some situation (like I was) system hang out after start. So additional it shoud be deleted from /System/Library/Extension/:

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext

Hi Envying,

I have a dfe-538tx card..ver:f2. (which is RTL8139 chips.I guess your is early version..)

I saw your messages on the forum..

I still cannot get it work..could you please give me some help ?

Thanks in advance..

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have tried the driverr but i fails... any idea, the output is here

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: vendorID = 0x1904 deviceID = 0x8139 revisionID = 0x0001

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: found PIO accessor at febffc00

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: found MMIO accessor at E801

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: using PIO access mode...

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: io access at csrBase=2aa9ec00.

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: Software reset failed...

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: Attempting hard reset...

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: chip reset timed out

com_orByte_driver_RTL8139: initAdapter() failed

i am stuck...

Hi Envying,

I have a dfe-538tx card..ver:f2. (which is RTL8139 chips.I guess your is early version..)

I saw your messages on the forum..

I still cannot get it work..could you please give me some help ?

Thanks in advance..

Hey Pal,

I made that mistake long time ago, actually my Dlink DFE-538TX is a Via Rhine Chip based NIC. I am using the driver from www.pinxue.net. It works for me under tiger and Leo! Make sure exact chip your NIC is using, then apply correct driver...

Good Luck,

Envying