• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

vkd

vkd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
anyone can say anyting about using USB Keyboard with PS2 mouse? I have to keep the (old) PS2 K/b plugged in or the mouse is not recognised. Bit fed up with having 2nd k/b under desk doing nothing; i'd rather hide it away in some dark storage cupboard, what do you think?

i_Geek

i_Geek

iGeek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
maybe it was discussed but...

how to make WIN-KEY be the apple COMMAND or how it is called there ?..

for shortcuts and so on ?

Thanks!

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse, Keyboard tab, Modifier keys.

i_Geek

i_Geek

iGeek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
thanks!

LioNEXT

LioNEXT

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Does anyone know how to make extra keys on Logitech S510 work? S510 and S530 are same except that logitech made S530 for mac and charged a lot. Installing the LCC driver for S530 does not pick up S510. I am wonder if someone know if the LCC can be tinkered with by modifying any kext or info.plist file or anythings. The usual keys work okay. But many of the function keys and zoom, rotate, home, etc cannot be used.

knytet

knytet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi, im having an anoying problem: my keyboard stops working but only in finder. And finder does not freeze or anything cuz i can manage files etc with the mouse. Its happening maybe once everyday and it goes away if i restart finder. does anyone know how to fix this?

btw found this thread http://discussions.a...ssageID=7186459
and it looks like this is a problem not only on the hackintosh mobos but also on apple macs...

(messed up the previous post... sorry about that)

Onishi

Onishi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Any issue for Synaptics PS/2 TouchPad Scrolling now ?

Seven Silhouette

Seven Silhouette

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
I keep getting the "nano: command not found" when I try do do the kext unload/load.

Why is that and what can I do finish the process?

Sojohnnysaid1234

Sojohnnysaid1234

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've looked all over the forum for help on my acer's trackpad problem, it seems pretty unique. I have tried to install a variety of Leopards like atikos, leo4all, kalyway...i succesfully installed leo4all, but ran into the looping problem. I booted up from the dvd and erased the drive in the disk utility to start again from scratch and maybe even install the jas 10.4 tiger and to an update to leopard....but after the erase my trackpad stopped working. I mean EVERYWHERE, i even tried a vista recovery cd and no trackpad....just keyboard.....is it a bios thing? what should I be looking at to figure out the problem...?

any help would be greatly appreciated

obs0lete

obs0lete

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Have an annoying issue that has just come up. I was running Kalyway 10.5.2 using a Logitech MX5000 Wireless keyboard and mouse. The keyboard has some extra buttons which, not all worked, but at least the volume control and play/pause worked. After running the Kaly 10.5.3. combo update I'm no longer able to use these buttons..prior to the update I did backup my Extensions folder and did a recovery of it after the upgrade...any ideas???

sdooley

sdooley

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
First off I just wanted to say how awsome this forum is.
Anyway on to my issue I am a complete noob with this so bare with me

I am attempting to install OSX leopard on my pc and get to the part of the install that asks what language I want but my mouse and keyboard will not work.

I have read many of the posts in here but correct me if I am wrong but most of them seem to be issues after install.
my issue is during, will the steps here work during install as well....

brdi

brdi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hy

hawe someone idea how to enable back and forward buton on Logitech G9 i download and install logitech control center for mac and they dont recognize G9 mouse. Is there any solution ?

Chers, brdi

nuclear_w0rm

nuclear_w0rm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
HELP!!!!!

in the retail 10.5.4 using boot 132 the F key on my keyboard (microsoFt ergonomic 4000 usb) wont work in lower case - i have to press shiFt to type F or it gives me a ding sound....
plese help its really weird and i dont understand

note: the Flashlight in hl2 through crossover works though....(using F)

mitsos1os

mitsos1os

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Hi, I am a complete newbie at the whole thing so please forgive me if I say sth silly. I downloaded the JaS 10.5.4 Client/Server release, Created a partition with diskpart and set it active, booted in the installer, made the proper (at least I think so) choices in the customization menu, and installed Leopard. I have a PS/2 keyboard and usb mouse but the mouse is connected to the PS/2 port via an adaptor. During the install of Leopard, both the keyboard and the mouse were working perfectly. When the install completed and asked for a reboot, after showing the intro video, It popped a message "Before you begin..." informing me that i have to connect a keyboard. Neither the mouse works. I read some topics here and tried to follow that. I booted from the DVD again and in the Installer I ran the terminal, but i don't have an Extensions directory in my Library directory. Only an Extensions.kext file. In other topic it says sth about deleting this file with rm, but when i try to do that, it says "read only file" and when i use the prefix sudo, for super user, it says "sudo: command not recognised". Can you please tell me what should I do? Thanks a lot and sorry for the trouble.

JJMcKay

JJMcKay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I am having the same issue on my hp dv6775 laptop but with the keyboard. After the Leopard intro movie it prompts you to connect your keyboard and won't let you go further. The keyboard works fine during the install, however. So I am unsure what I am leaving unchecked driver-wise that would cause it not to detect.

nickhe

nickhe

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
you need to use a usb keyboard and mouse then when it's done install this :http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114578&st=0&p=811362&#entry811362 then it will work

ganzhimself

ganzhimself

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I just installed the 10.5.5 combo update and my Dell Inspiron 1525's keyboard and mouse stopped working. Only external USB mouse/kb work as of right now. Any idea on how to fix it? I'm still relatively new to this whole scene.

Thanks.

jack oey

jack oey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I just installed the 10.5.5 combo update and my Dell Inspiron 1525's keyboard and mouse stopped working. Only external USB mouse/kb work as of right now. Any idea on how to fix it? I'm still relatively new to this whole scene.

Thanks.

Same with me
My Laptop is acer aspire 5552 , after update to 10.5.5 and install the patch , internal keyboard and trackpad mouse didn't work.

regards,
Jack

ganzhimself

ganzhimself

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Same with me
My Laptop is acer aspire 5552 , after update to 10.5.5 and install the patch , internal keyboard and trackpad mouse didn't work.

regards,
Jack

I fixed this problem with these files:

http://rapidshare.co...orking.zip.html

I just used the kexts that were related to getting PS/2 working.

abuzer

abuzer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
how to change "(quotation mark ) shortcut. I use Turkish-QWERTY PC my keyboard PS/2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy