15 replies to this topic

dpgowan

dpgowan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
https://www.macworld...revolution.html

Been reading up on the new T2 chip and how it manages crucial processes such as the system boot, encryption, and Internal storage management. What dose this say for the future of Hackintosh?

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,038 posts

https://www.macworld...revolution.html

Been reading up on the new T2 chip and how it manages crucial processes such as the system boot, encryption, and Internal storage management. What dose this say for the future of Hackintosh?

We need to get raspberry Pi's to interface with our Hackintoshes, lol.   I was reading that same article a couple of days ago, we should be good for a few more years until Apple stops supporting older Macs without this chip.

maxb2000

maxb2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

I think that our devs can make an FakeT2 kext and just bypass it. Maybe. 

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,756 posts

Apple supports Hackintosh and will not make something dangerous for us.

The T2 is responsible for controlling the iMac Pro’s stereo speakers, internal microphones, and dual cooling fans, all by itself.

aerz

aerz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 25 posts

Could you explain more about this?  :o

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,756 posts

Apple can ban FakeSMC if he wants but it is not happen.

dpgowan

dpgowan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

My worry is the bit about boot encryption to confirm the authenticity of the machine...sounds a lot like proprietary locks meant to keep people from building a Hackintosh or modify the machine.

https://www.google.c...ption-more/amp/

Also I wouldn’t say Apple “supports Hackintosh” as the very concept violates Apples terms for its Operating System. They disable the use of third party kexts by default, we bypass this in order to make a Hackintosh work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe75

joe75

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,515 posts

In a Windows world Apple will take all the user base they can get..

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Please notice that the T2 chip actually can be disabled.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,756 posts

My worry is the bit about boot encryption to confirm the authenticity of the machine...sounds a lot like proprietary locks meant to keep people from building a Hackintosh or modify the machine.

Also I wouldn’t say Apple “supports Hackintosh” as the very concept violates Apples terms for its Operating System. They disable the use of third party kexts by default, we bypass this in order to make a Hackintosh work.

Boot encryption is FileVault which we already have.

They disable the use of third party kext and allow us to disable SIP.

And this kext is also third party

138    0 0xffffff7f83319000 0x4000     0x4000     com.intel.driver.EnergyDriver (2.0) 7FE9AF4A-A8C2-3099-A956-971DDC86A467 <7 5 4 3>

is it disabled too?

It came with Intel Power Gadget 

As well there are kexts for scanners, WiFi, printers etc.

dpgowan

dpgowan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Please notice that the T2 chip actually can be disabled.

I wonder how this will fair for performance though, and the possibility of it becoming a required component in the future for specific features.

Boot encryption is FileVault which we already have.
They disable the use of third party kext and allow us to disable SIP.
And this kext is also third party
138 0 0xffffff7f83319000 0x4000 0x4000 com.intel.driver.EnergyDriver (2.0) 7FE9AF4A-A8C2-3099-A956-971DDC86A467 <7 5 4 3>
is it disabled too?
It came with Intel Power Gadget
As well there are kexts for scanners, WiFi, printers etc.

Point made; do all kexts operate on the same level within the OS? As in are there system kexts that operate differently and on a higher security level than those for hardware components that may possibly be impacted by the absence of something like the T2 Chip? Or would that be a kernel level operation?

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,038 posts

Apple can ban FakeSMC if he wants but it is not happen.

When you look at it Apple gets free R&D for hardware testing and a lot of Hackintoshers use Beta OS so it helps them too!   Not to mention all the software apps that we buy as well.    There are many Apple employees that have hackintosh systems for the same reasons we do ( best available hardware).    

maxb2000

maxb2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

T2 seems to be more like a co-processor for the hardware functions. This stuff is controlled by UEFI and OS in our systems like CPU fans, CPU freq,GPU cooling etc...

For me Pentium users, there is a problem. AVX support but there is a workaround made by Clover devs so it's not a big deal. macOS works at the same performance as my Windows 10 sometimes even better.

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,038 posts

This may explain the Vega card fan speed issue?

Dwarfy

Dwarfy

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 348 posts

If you mean SIP, then there is more to it. Other than that, non Apple native kexts could always be installed and used, with verification and authentication. And SIP can be disabled, and enabled. Apple is very much aware of this, Apple made this happen themselves, in fact. 

When it comes to Apple wanting Hackintoshing around or not, I don't know if they do. Their EULA is against it, which people "auth sign-on" when clicking "Agree". However, it is debatable whether it is illegal or not, but that is another talk. In the past, Apple has stopped the people from selling hackintoshes. But that is all, as I've heard of. I could understand that Apple might somewhat gain something from the hackintosh communities, as long as they don't decrease the real Macintosh sales rates. 

maxb2000

maxb2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

If you mean SIP, then there is more to it. Other than that, non Apple native kexts could always be installed and used, with verification and authentication. And SIP can be disabled, and enabled. Apple is very much aware of this, Apple made this happen themselves, in fact. 

When it comes to Apple wanting Hackintoshing around or not, I don't know if they do. Their EULA is against it, which people "auth sign-on" when clicking "Agree". However, it is debatable whether it is illegal or not, but that is another talk. In the past, Apple has stopped the people from selling hackintoshes. But that is all, as I've heard of. I could understand that Apple might somewhat gain something from the hackintosh communities, as long as they don't decrease the real Macintosh sales rates. 

They gain market share and sometimes like somebody said we are beta tester for their products. They also gain costumers for AppStore and sometimes they even buy hardware like magic mouse for the Hackintosh.

They just like

offical: We don't support hackintosh.

unoffical: if you want use it, we aren't here to stop you from doing this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy