New Build-9A303

markpenn20

89 posts in this topic

- Configurations with ATI Radeon or Radeon 7500 graphics cards will not

be able to use this seed

That one worries me :-(

ATI Radeon X1600:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600

That's in my MacBook Pro - so ... i assume this wont work ...

No, I think it's referring to the ATI Radeon and the post-ATI-buyout Radeon cards, both 7500 models. I presume it has to do with some cards still being tagged as ATI, and some being tagged differently due to the ATI + AMD merger.

Since this is a hardware question on a shipping product, would someone with a Mac Pro and an Radeon 7500 like to let us know if the card is tagged as ATI or AMD? My Mac Pro came with the stock card.

I am sorry, but I was just letting everyone else know. There are hundreds of ADC members here but you are one of the few that let everyone who was in the Leopard topic know about it. BTW, i was saying don't ask him for it. That is why I said "but for his job..."

It's ok, I know you meant well. I'm just ignoring any PMs about it now. :construction:

About the ATI...I am about to install this onto a partition on my external HD....

I'm then gonna boot up my PowerMac G5 with an ATI Radeon X800 XT...

If that doesn't work, then I will boot using the ext HD and my iBook...

Results to come within the day (EST)

Mr. C

Oink invites are hard to come accross.

With their system, if person A invites B, and B does not have a good ratio, A could loose their invites.

On another note, I just ran this build with my ATI Radeon X800 XT. It seemed to run fine, but I just booted it up, I didn't make it do too much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

CHANGES SINCE LEOPARD BUILD 9A283

- Finder hangs due to network connectivity issues have been reduced

- As a precaution, please backup your Portable Home Directory

before using FileSync

- Many peformance related bugs have been fixed across the system

- Timbuktu and Eudora no longer crash on launch

- Safari's bug reporting is now fixed

- Performance improvements in the initial Time Machine backup

KNOWN ISSUES

- Upgrades from previous seeds are not supported

- Upgrades from previous releases are not recommended

- Configurations with ATI Radeon or Radeon 7500 graphics cards will not

be able to use this seed

- Airport cards not recognized on some of the newst Core 2 Duo

MacBook Pros

- 32/64 bit universal apps built with 10.5 deployment target will now run

as 32-bit on Tiger.

- Can't print to HP raster printers

- Can't login initially after enabling FileVault protection for an account.

Wait several minutes and try again to workaround.

- System Trash still shows deleted items until a reboot

- Volumes in the Time Machine Pref pane are all named Volume. Quitting

and relaunching System Preferences should workaround this.

- Image Capture fails to recognize USB devices on PPC

- Memory leaks when using CoreData's NSManagedObject. This can been

seen when sycing files.

Syncing

- Automatic iDisk syncing is not currently working. Please sync manually.

- PHD syncing may generate false conflicts

iChat

- File transfers result in an error

- QuickTime not working with iChat Theater

Quick Look

- Album art downloaded by iTunes 7 is not displayed in the music preview

- Slideshow (aka Fullscreen from the Quick Look preview panel) doesn't

work for most types

Many thanks for the changelog, really nice work :pirate2:

Damn Oink :-(

Yup! Oink is outstanding for such share but always blinded at new members...

The MacBook Pro Core2 Duo's graphics card is called "ATI Radeon X1600 256MB" in System Profiler.

Have not tested this particular build on it though.

Real problem is the ambiguity of some of those Release Notes.

Did you have the 15" MBP? I ordered the 17 at launch day but it's still on the AppleStore... :(

i like lots of people want to get this , it seems to me the only way is through oink.me.uk

so im requesting a invite(yes im good at sharing)

im willing to offer a demonoid invite and/or a torrentleech.org invite

thanks pm me for more details if your serious about the offer

@ajb01

Does Apple search these kinds of forums...how could they have known?

Apple has threatened to shut this forum down before. They not only know about it, they probably have full-time staff watching it for this sort of discussion. It's like sitting in on your opponents pre-game strategy meetings. Public forums are just that. Public.

i like lots of people want to get this , it seems to me the only way is through oink.me.uk

so im requesting a invite(yes im good at sharing)

im willing to offer a demonoid invite and/or a torrentleech.org invite

thanks pm me for more details if your serious about the offer

dammit! THERE IS A OINK.ME.UK INVITE THREAD, DONT SPAM, ASK THERE thank you, that is alll

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=16843

dang dude, you seem a little high strung. chill. some people aren't as smart as you...

On a more friendly note:

I have tried installing both the WWDC seed and this latest one.

I am able to install fine but my machine kernel panic's right before it goes to the blue screen (after the grey Apple)

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

Cow

I have tried installing both the WWDC seed and this latest one.

I am able to install fine but my machine kernel panic's right before it goes to the blue screen (after the grey Apple)

Anyone have a clue?

1. Pull any external devices such as Hard Drives, printers, scanners, etc.

2. Hold Apple and S at startup and check your disk with fsck -fy. Once it's done checking (and perhaps repairing) restart by typing shutdown -r now.

2. Have you added any RAM since you bought it? You might want to try pulling that out if all else fails.

1. Pull any external devices such as Hard Drives, printers, scanners, etc.

2. Hold Apple and S at startup and check your disk with fsck -fy. Once it's done checking (and perhaps repairing) restart by typing shutdown -r now.

2. Have you added any RAM since you bought it? You might want to try pulling that out if all else fails.

#1 is a problem as I am not willing to install on my internal drive so I am using an external FireWire drive.

#2 Done that.... In fact I can boot into Safe Mode just fine but what fun is that?

#3 I have owned this G5 for over a year now. It does have after market RAM which is claimed to be Apple -Certified and has never given me any problems before.

I was unable to find anything spectacular in the boot log except a whole lot of 'can't find MAC address' lines.

I've also now tried this on my G5 iMac using the same external HD. Same behavior.

I have heard of Apple seeds being picky about internal HD only installations before. Is this the case?

In safe mode I get tons of App crashes so it's no good to use.

Thanks yo!

Cow.

At least this leopard build works perfectly fine on an external drive (I have it hooked up over FW800 to a Powerbook G4 (Final Generation) with no issues).

So, it would not be an internal/external drive issue this time around. It is possible that it is missing some necissary file for your G5 that is preventing it from working just as 9a283 did not work under the Final Generation Powerbooks due to the lack of the IDE controller driver.

It would get through the grey boot screen, however would kernel panic immediately after going to the blue background.

Perhaps this is the issue here?

After installing it, I realized it has new features. First boot it asked me if I wanted to use my external hard drive as a time machine drive. Next, when safari opened for the first time, it opened Apple.com/startpage and anther page with a Url of http://www.apple.com/safari/new/3_0 that doesn't work. BTW, you have to disable languages and printer drivers for it to install.

EDIT: I am writing this in it right now

Picture_1.png

After installing it, I realized it has new features. First boot it asked me if I wanted to use my external hard drive as a time machine drive. Next, when safari opened for the first time, it opened Apple.com/startpage and anther page with a Url of http://www.apple.com/safari/new/3_0 that doesn't work. BTW, you have to disable languages and printer drivers for it to install.

EDIT: I am writing this in it right now

Hey man - i'm curious to know if some bugs are fixed .... in Safari some number character will not show in small fonts - if you click selct over them - then they show up - Safari would also crash alot in the previous build.

Also, i would get alot of Crashes on carbon apps.

What else have you found with this build?

I crash immediately after the grey apple. it's kinda weird actually I can almost see the kernel panic wipe (with the 5 languages) but then the screen goes blue. sometimes I have a mouse sometimes I don't

In any case it is panicing right after the grey screen.

Cow.

where are you getting it?

Look for yourself. The first pic is the calculator in spotlight. The second is the file recovery. The third is icon previews. The fourth is the new firewall pref in security. BTW, in preview, you can now move images around, even when zoomed out. Anything else?

EDIT: I want to mention that is is on my old PB. I will install it on my MBP tonight.

EDIT 2: I want to say there is a new button in finder. Look at the options button

EDIT 2: I want to say there is a new button in finder. Look at the options button

Picture_2.png

Picture_3.png

Picture_4.png

Picture_5.png

Picture_6.png

Picture_6.png

Picture_6.png