[GUIDE] HP Z800 Hackintosh macOS Sierra 10.12.1

* * * - - 2 votes HP Z800 HP Z600 Hackintosh Mac OS X macOS Sierra 10.12.1 Xeon hackintosh Guide OS X Dual Xeon

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

SBC-Studios

SBC-Studios

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Guys New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover.

nvda_drv=1 in config.plist under Boot > Arguments is no longer working

As of macOS Sierra, nvda_drv=1 in config.plist under Boot > Arguments is no longer working to initiate drivers. Clover has been updated with a new System Parameter setting called NvidiaWeb.

There's a new method for enabling the NVIDIA Web Drivers in the latest versions of Clover (r3751+). It can be turned on and off by editing /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to add SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb. This parameter takes the place of nvda_drv=1 boot flag, which may not work in macOS Sierra.

1. Mount EFI Partition
2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro
3. Edit as shown below:

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary
5. Save and reboot

soundmodel

soundmodel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Here's my config.plist

Ak7dTWz.png

So I found a fix to this.

My ProductName under SMBIOS was set as iMac 11,1. However, when reading that thread mentioned above in http://www.insanelym...0121/?p=2477429 one post didn't mention this model being compatible with GTX 760.

So I changed ProductName to iMac 13,1. Now everything seems to be working. The card reports correctly, the graphics are noticeably accelerated and I get all the resolutions.

soundmodel

soundmodel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Does the installation USB stick have to remain connected?

I removed it and made the stick serve other purposes and now when I boot my hackintosh, then it merely displays "Attempting Boot From Hard Drive" and nothing happens.

Perhaps Clover could be installed to a partition in the HDD?

SBC-Studios

SBC-Studios

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
You need to choose the correct HDD in you boot priority in the BIOS settings
You need to choose the correct HDD in you boot priority in the BIOS settings

arkieboy72472

arkieboy72472

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 24 posts
If it isn't booting after installation is complete and the USB is removed, that means clover was not installed properly. If it isn't booting prior to installing with the USB in, you have to pick f9 at boot and select usb.
The clover options in this guide are not correct, I think. I will look into what I used.

arkieboy72472

arkieboy72472

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 24 posts
Also, make sure the drive that has the OS has priority in bios.

jaymack

jaymack

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Install Clover on the Drive that has OS X. Have it 1st. in the boot order set in the Bios. Boot with the USB stick removed.

arkieboy72472

arkieboy72472

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 24 posts

Could someone elaborate, maybe break it down barney style, on the proper BIOS settings for the z800 given a 3.60 version?

I asked this because there are 2 versions in this thread and another version in another z800 thread in this forum as well.

corei3cpu

corei3cpu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Could someone elaborate, maybe break it down barney style, on the proper BIOS settings for the z800 given a 3.60 version?

I asked this because there are 2 versions in this thread and another version in another z800 thread in this forum as well.

Read my post carefully.

I have the exact same HP z800 as yours all setup and working fine.

Download my zip file with everything you need. Unzip and read the instructions.

bios setup and install files and config settings are all there.

Works great with Sierra. Very stable.

Good luck.

http://www.insanelym...tion/?p=2335626

Download my Install config and files I used for install below. Should work for HP z800, z600, z400. See Link

https://www.dropbox...._Files.zip?dl=0

gap579137

gap579137

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am having two issues. 

1st - every time I try and install clover to the boot drive it screws everything up and I can only see "boot from recovery"

2nd - I am unable to figure out why the sound is not working

Please any help would be greatly appreciated!!

gotohtom

gotohtom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Read my post carefully.

I have the exact same HP z800 as yours all setup and working fine.

Download my zip file with everything you need. Unzip and read the instructions.

bios setup and install files and config settings are all there.

Works great with Sierra. Very stable.

Good luck.

http://www.insanelym...tion/?p=2335626

Download my Install config and files I used for install below. Should work for HP z800, z600, z400. See Link

https://www.dropbox...._Files.zip?dl=0

Hi !

Using your method I got my Z800 dual Xeon working almost perfectly on High Sierra. I just had to change the VoodooTSCSync.kext since I have a different set of CPUs and remove some boot arguments.

I have a GTX 660ti that is famous to have some graphic glitches on any setup with High Sierra for now. No big deal, most of the time everything works well.

I just have one question, I followed your guide, etc. but under System Settings => Graphics/Displays under the Bus type (PCIe), the Slot name is : Ethernet

Isn't it strange ? I think the Slot name should be something like : PCI Slot 1 or 0 maybe.

I don't know if it's a bug or just a cosmetic problem..

also the Link Width is : x16 (correct) but the Link Speed : 2.5 GT/s but some of my other cards (USB 3 for example) got a Link Speed : 5 GT/s

Maybe it's something related to DSDT, but I don't know which software can help to edit it and in a convenient user friendly way...

Thanks for your help, and really good job. Your tutorial and files helped me a lot and are a perfect start for any Z800 owner using Sierra or HS

m4rk0

m4rk0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello,

MY HW Specification:

• HP Z820 with BIOS version: 3.91
  • CPU: x2 Intel Xeon E5-2640
  • RAM: 64 GB DDR3
  • GFX: NVIDIA Quadro 4000
  • SSD: Transcend 512GB SSD230S

I'm trying to install macOS Sierra on it, but on Clover boot it halts on CPUSensors, any suggestions?

thewisevaloo

thewisevaloo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey! Just wanted to say thanks for this thread! I'm working on getting an older Z800 running for DaVinci Resolve, but I'm having 3 main issues. 

1. I created a 3 drive RAID 0 using Disk Utility and it worked fine once when I made it. As soon as I rebooted for the first time after making it, Clover will not boot; it shows a black screen and a little dash at the top like it normally does before showing the Clover boot selector. But the dash disappears and it eventually reboots. When I first installed the drives, they were formatted individually as GUID Mac OS Extended Journaled and it booted with not issue. The only difference now is they they're RAIDed. I double checked the BIOS and made sure that the internal drive boot order didn't change and it looked fine. I also tried booting from the USB I originally used to install Mac OS. Same thing. Beforehand, I routed all of the cables to use the SATA controller on the board. Thought that would be useful. 

Recap: Can't boot with internal RAID

2. I have 96GB of RAM and only 16.03GB (super weird) is being recognized. System Information does see all of the slots, but only 2 of the slots show as populated.

3. I might know the issue with this one, but I figured I'd ask since I haven't had a chance to test it out. Basically, I have two graphics cards, but only one is detected. I'm pretty sure I need to go into the BIOS and enable or whatever the verbiage is to enable the second GPU. Does that sound right?

Some Info:
Z800
Dual Intel Xeon X5690s @ 3.47 GHz
96GB RAM
Current BIOS
500GB 840 EVO SSD

Thanks!

enigmahack

enigmahack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Music and Computers!

Hi there SBC-Studios. 

Firstly - thanks for writing this guide... I have somewhat similar specs as you: 

MY HW Specification :

HP Z800  with BIOS version : 3.60

CPU: x2 4-core X5570

RAM: 24 GB

GFX:  Radeon HD-6970

SSD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB

I've been trying to get this installed on several of my laptops with little success so hearing that there's a better chance it'll work on my Z800, I'm quite excited. I'm going to take a look at your instructions and try them out this weekend and *fingers crossed* it'll work without too much issue. 

Sagher1122

Sagher1122

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Will SAS Drive work fine in this build or not please help?

enigmahack

enigmahack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

For what it's worth, here is my experience so far: 

I followed the OP's guide in the very first post to the letter. Some of my BIOS options (2 or 3) were named slightly differently but in terms of matching them as closely as I could, that wasn't an issue. 

Then I started to install the OS after booting. It survived to the installer without any issues, I formatted my SSD to macOS (Journaled, etc) and now it's at 12 minutes remaining according to the installer. 

So far, so good. 

*** Time passes ***

*** More time passes ***

Okay, so here's where I am now: 

I've done the initial install (took longer than 12 minutes but that's okay) and rebooted off of the SSD. 

I'm walking through the setup, and there's something I was VERY surprised by - I have an atheros internal mini PCI-E wifi card on this machine since I don't have any ethernet ports nearby. It just WORKED. It didn't want to connect at first, though it was able to see all of the wifi connections. Just hitting next allowed it to connect. (Note - I realized this only after the fact - I have a router that sits between my Korg Kronos and my Computer for FTP file transfers. The computer was detecting this connection and trying to connect on ethernet FIRST and only then would it look at wifi. As soon as I turned off my ethernet, wifi became the priority and was working perfectly. I need to update the priority on this later but that explains why it was failing initially)

I'm walking through the rest of the installer right now, I'm surprised as much is working on this already. Nice. 

Okay, I also have firewire on a PCI-E card and it seemed to detect that too for my external audio interface. Brilliant. 

The only thing not working initially it seems like is the graphics though I haven't installed my audio interface yet. They're showing 1024x768 for now, but I'm hoping that an update or something I can tweak in clover will fix that. I haven't messed with it too much as of yet. I have a 144hz monitor, we'll see if I can get that working as well. I'm not sure if Mac even supports that, but it's probably worth looking into after the updates.

I'm upgrading to 10.12.6, and going to see if there's anything there that'll help. Again, haven't even looked at Clover just yet, I'll see what happens. 

*** Updated, rebooted ***

Well then. I guess I forgot to make the drive bootable... It just sits at "Attempting Boot from Hard Drive". 

I'll fix that and come back. 

enigmahack

enigmahack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Okay, so I managed to get it 'working' - when I'm running 10.12.2, things are fine except my video. It's not the correct resolution, etc. That's fine. I just figured I would go to 10.12.6 since others have it working and this COMPLETELY kills my USB ports. 

I've been trying to follow the various guides for troubleshooting USB but I'm having no luck. (And it doesn't help that I'm a complete newbie to this all as well)

Anyway, just found it odd that 12.2 is fine, but 12.6 kills USB. I'll keep looking at things when I have time but I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions of a reasonable starting point that I should be looking? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HP Z800, HP Z600, Hackintosh, Mac OS X, macOS Sierra 10.12.1, Xeon hackintosh, Guide, OS X, Dual Xeon

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy