VMware Fusion Thread

177 posts in this topic

Really, I don't think that VMWare Fusion is all that "cool" just because it has some 3D acceleration.

Fusion is extremely limited in the 3D acceleration area since all of the important stuff isn't accelerated anyways

(taken from: http://www.vmware.com/support/ws55/doc/ws_...d_audience.html Yes, I know that says VMWare Workstation 5.5, but they're probably using the same technology in both).

It's a step, yes, but it's definitely not anything that'll be extremely useful for any serious gamer.

I second that. No real gaming in any virtualization app yet! We just have to keep waiting :unsure:

Any one managed to install Vmware Fusion beta2 with the serial number from vmware website?

I tried several times but it says invalid serial.

Yeah, I did, and it is the same SN of the beta1, when I installed the beta2 it already took the SN from the previous installation.

Did you check the VMware forums?

Yeah, I did, and it is the same SN of the beta1, when I installed the beta2 it already took the SN from the previous installation.

Did you check the VMware forums?

Yes. I searched on the forum as well found many withe same problem. Is there any HW chech we can remove?

• 2 weeks later...

re: serials wHy??

for thoes that rather waste energy then just get a beta serial from vmware..

Dont click on the link below:

http://register.vmware.com/content/beta/fu...gistration.html

As for vmmon module not loading I have a patch that kinda works but see no point posting as they are releasing the final release in April.

Btw the issue is with Hyperthreading from my experience if you can disable that you do not need any patch, my bios doesnt allow that.

Okay 32 Bit windows XP works fine.. x64 is a bit laggy..

I was wondering if the VM is performing better with 2 CPU's setting at the config..

Need to test that...

Which kext is responsable for networking ?

I want to disable it, but don't know if VMWare boots up without it...

re: serials wHy??

for thoes that rather waste energy then just get a beta serial from vmware..

Dont click on the link below:

http://register.vmware.com/content/beta/fu...gistration.html

As for vmmon module not loading I have a patch that kinda works but see no point posting as they are releasing the final release in April.

Btw the issue is with Hyperthreading from my experience if you can disable that you do not need any patch, my bios doesnt allow that.

WMWare Fussion SN://0811Q-03495-0RJ01-4ANA4

Thanks but as you can see from this screen-grab, serial has not been accepted....

cmcaptur4hx0.png

I found out that the problem with the serials is in vmmon.kext.

I replaced vmmon.kext with the "fixed" one for beta 1 and that made it possible to enter the serial.

But then i could not boot a klient ofcourse.

Great... do you can share it?

Anyone know how to patch the latest version of vmmon.kext? VMware Fusion Beta3 is expecting version 161.0 but is getting 156.0 (from beta1). I take it the version is built into the binary file inside the kext, since it's not in Info.plist.

I'd be glad to patch it if someone could just tell me how or where to start.

• 2 weeks later...

you can back-up license files and then copy them to another machine if the serial doesn't work. I've tried it on Leopard 9a410 where I got problems with serial.

But still there are some problems with VMware services which cannot start on this version.

hello,

this vmware fusion thing looks quite interesting to me...

but it also is rather mysterious, so... can somebody tell me what it is actually?

and how does it compare to parallels - can it be used with a bootcamp partition for instance ?

thanks... i'm mainly interested in the opengl implementation - as i need some softwares that is

currently only available in windows, and parallels doesn't actually supports them...

thanks.

• 3 weeks later...