fabiosun

fabiosun

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

So why not unlock your BIOS immediately!  :wink_anim:

=============================

BTW. For your another question at here, sorry I forgot to reply last weekend... And now the answer is here: (Sorry again)

Regarding to Reboot Fix #1. This opcode is under routine '_xcpm_perf_bias_set', which prevents unsupported MSRs that causes an immediate reboot from loading.

Regarding to Reboot Fix #2. Oops! It's my fault. (I found that when disassembling just now... :P) The target offset is the same... Sorry. I dunno why I can make such a stupid fault as well! So just keep one of them.

Thank you PMHeart

I do not lock bios immediately because I like to test global reboot fix (pikeralpha) you can find in my thread

With my three different motherboard (one of them dual cpu motherboard with xeon 2696V4) if I use only reboot fix and fakecpuid and oarksit performance fix if EIST is enabled in bios, I have same temperature and C6 C states in output with same wattage usage (bios locked)

with bios unlocked I can program msr 0xe2 and in this way I can see in appleintelinfo output all C3 states

In real test and usage I have same performance ,wattage and temperatures in both or all way I patched (see my thread for four different solutions plus one you adviced me)

So, maybe  differences are in xeon processor?

PMheart

PMheart

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 490 posts

Thank you PMHeart

I do not lock bios immediately because I like to test global reboot fix (pikeralpha) you can find in my thread

With my three different motherboard (one of them dual cpu motherboard with xeon 2696V4) if I use only reboot fix and fakecpuid and oarksit performance fix if EIST is enabled in bios, I have same temperature and C6 C states in output with same wattage usage (bios locked)

with bios unlocked I can program msr 0xe2 and in this way I can see in appleintelinfo output all C3 states

In real test and usage I have same performance ,wattage and temperatures in both or all way I patched (see my thread for four different solutions plus one you adviced me)

So, maybe  differences are in xeon processor?

Well, I see your purposes.

I think we should block MSRs as few as possible, like Pike said.

IDK, but IMHO maybe XCPM will not even recognize your CPU model? (Cuz it doesn't have to do so.)

fabiosun

fabiosun

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

How can I verify your last assertion?

I can see all states and steps during test and normal usage and testing program recognize my cpu as E5 Xeon 2696 V4 /22 cores/ 44 threads)

PMheart

PMheart

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 490 posts

How can I verify your last assertion?

I can see all states and steps during test and normal usage and testing program recognize my cpu as E5 Xeon 2696 V4 /22 cores/ 44 threads)

If XCPM really needs your detailed CPU model, and then it will have more work to do, but actually this is utterly unnecessary.

I think it just got your 22C 44T and provide power management for them. Also note that Apple hasn't used this CPU yet.

Anyway, if XCPM surely needs to recognize certain CPUs, then Apple will do a lot of work after release each CPU for its Macs...

fabiosun

fabiosun

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Apple has not used

If XCPM really needs your detailed CPU model, and then it will have more work to do, but actually this is utterly unnecessary.

I think it just got your 22C 44T and provide power management for them. Also note that Apple hasn't used this CPU yet.

Anyway, if XCPM surely needs to recognize certain CPUs, then Apple will do a lot of work after release each CPU for its Macs...

Apple has not used any new powerful xeon greater than 2697 V2 (socket 2011 12 cores + 12 threads), maybe now they will surprise us with a new ryzen or maby v4 / v5 xeon..but I don't think so

It seems they are more bul{censored} oriented now! :-)

Fergarth

Fergarth

I feel the apple's maggots inside me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Apple has not used

Apple has not used any new powerful xeon greater than 2697 V2 (socket 2011 12 cores + 12 threads), maybe now they will surprise us with a new ryzen or maby v4 / v5 xeon..but I don't think so
It seems they are more bul{censored} oriented now! :-)

You have to keep the hope until the release of the final version of Sierra 12.4 or later with MacOS Emoji 10.13 😂

PMheart

PMheart

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 490 posts

IMHO we don't have to worry, we may just refine FrequencyVectors to make it more compatible with our CPUs, which may be also unnecessary. As for XCPM, no changes required. This might also why XCPM came in and replaced the old AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement mechanism. Mainly flexibility I guess. Although no source code to refer to...

mfc88

mfc88

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Full-Stack Web Developer (focus in Mongo, Express, React (w/Redux), Node)

ssdtGen by mfc88

Introduction: ssdtGen is an automated bash script that attempts to build and compile SSDTs for X99 systems running Mac OS.

You can download the latest version of ssdtGen to your Desktop by entering the following command in a terminal window:

git clone git@github.com:mattcarlotta/ssdtGen.git ~/Desktop/ssdtGen

You can then verify the downloaded size (should be about 29kb):

wc -c ~/Desktop/ssdtGen/ssdtGen.sh

You must change the file permissions to make it executable:

chmod +x ~/Desktop/ssdtGen/ssdtGen.sh

Lastly, use this command to run the script:

~/Desktop/ssdtGen/ssdtGen.sh

3YJB0ze.png

****************************************************************************************

*            Important Notes:                                                                                                                       *

****************************************************************************************

*** This script is in beta testing. If you don't want to test something experimental, DO-NOT-USE-IT!

*** Currently looking for user's to test the script and see if any errors or problems arise. 

*** If any errors or problems occur, follow on-screen instructions for reporting.

*** DSDT ACPI tables must be vanilla. If any devices are renamed, forget it about it. Won't work.

† XHCI must be named XHC via config.plist DSDT patch (recommended to install USBInjectAll.kext +

XHCI-x99-injector.kext with a custom SSDT-UAIC.aml):

**Note: This script is highly experimental! Use any generated SSDTs with caution.

Fergarth

Fergarth

I feel the apple's maggots inside me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Congratulations mfc, you are getting a Pro :yes: 

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 12,785 posts
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy