MaLd0n

High Sierra on Supermicro X10DAI / Dual Xeon E5-2690V4 / DSDT

103 posts in this topic

Now have a Olarila app, just download app and clover folder for your Chipset!

-Install, check here bone.png

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323052-guide-sierra-high-sierra-on-intel-5-6-7-8-and-9-chipset-series-nehalem-sandybridge-ivybridge-haswell-broadwell/

-Clover Folder ninja.png

CLOVER.zip

-DSDT moil.gif

DSDT.MaLd0n Supermicro X10DAI.zip

-DSDT Patches construction.gif

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-HPET
-SATA
-sSATA
-DMAC
-SLPB
-DARWIN
-LPC
-XHCI
-EHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-ALZA to HDEF
-HDEF
-RTC
-IRQs
-SBUS
-BLC0
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-LAN #1
-LAN #2
-SPSR
-WIFI
-EC
-PNLF
-HDMI
-NVME

-Geekbench frantics.gif

03.jpg

-SS beachball.gif

01.jpg

02.png

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
guitar.gif
Apple, Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, MMido and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
yoji.gif

Advertisement

I have this same motherboard but with dual E5-2683 V3 any changes I need to make here to the included files?

Thanks!

U can use same clover folder, same dsdt

check only voodootscsync with correct value for ur processors

and if u use Nvidia, use Nvidiafix kext instead whatevergreen

MaLd0n, If I use your DSDT and config files my system wont boot into os x, I get part way then KP.

Currently I have a working setup with 10.13.2 and XCPM loaded and speed step working via SSDT and freqVectorsEdit.sh 

Currently I have the latest X10DAI supermicro bios X10DAi7_605 that I modded with me_cleaner.py to remove Intel ME and added support for NVME using NvmExpressDxe_2.ffs (Version 3 does not work) and my system is working and booting with native speed step enabled via XCPM and NVME working.

I also tried UEFIPatch_0.3.11 on my bios but then my system would not boot without Kernel Panic. But I liked the idea of Bios Remove lock from MSR 0xE2 register and this patch for my CPU: # PowerMgmtDxe | Haswell

F7731B4C-58A2-4DF4-8980-5645D39ECE58 10 P:75080FBAE80F89442430:EB080FBAE80F89442430 

Here is my Bios, Config.plist, Drivers64UEFI and Kexts in clover:

Thanks for your support and genius! <3

MaLd0n, If I use your DSDT and config files my system wont boot into os x, I get part way then KP.

Currently I have a working setup with 10.13.2 and XCPM loaded and speed step working via SSDT and freqVectorsEdit.sh 

Currently I have the latest X10DAI supermicro bios X10DAi7_605 that I modded with me_cleaner.py to remove Intel ME and added support for NVME using NvmExpressDxe_2.ffs (Version 3 does not work) and my system is working and booting with native speed step enabled via XCPM and NVME working.

I also tried UEFIPatch_0.3.11 on my bios but then my system would not boot without Kernel Panic. But I liked the idea of Bios Remove lock from MSR 0xE2 register and this patch for my CPU: # PowerMgmtDxe | Haswell

F7731B4C-58A2-4DF4-8980-5645D39ECE58 10 P:75080FBAE80F89442430:EB080FBAE80F89442430 

Here is my Bios, Config.plist, Drivers64UEFI and Kexts in clover:

Thanks for your support and genius!

-Send me tables
-Send me one Ioreg too

Here you go, use the last URL I gave you or here are direct:

IO reg dump:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tdikpA57BKMKoO3DOiLxXQuLqHuHyOxt

Table: dump:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kZe2aYY-EhMuj9xqe4TLnLWJJCRpg_8W

Put in clover/acpi/patched, reboot, send me new ioreg

DSDT.aml.zip

looks good

sleep work?

When I set it to sleep, display blanks and then display comes on back on and nothing else. As if it never happened and the display just went to sleep.

run in terminal

log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

paste result here

looks good

sleep work?

Ok its doing something else now: Screen goes blank, a few moments pass by I hear the fans spin up for half a second and then it shuts off and turns right back on accept its booting back into clover!

So I changed the Config a bit to add the ACPI fixes: FixRegions / DeleteUnused  and FixMutex and now when I choose sleep, Screen goes blank, a few moments pass by I hear the fans spin up for half a second and then it shuts off and turns right back on accept its booting into the bios screen.

let's try

DSDT.03.zip

wow. nice GeeBench!

let's try

attachicon.gifDSDT.03.zip

Tried this when I set to sleep it goes to sleep like it should accept will not wake from Keyboard or USB. I pressed the power button to turn back on and it booted into the bios and never resumed from sleep

perhaps a Bios setting is off? What are your BIOS settings for this board?

Some problems with sleep too :D bad bad

Yeah sleep is not too big of a concern. 

What is a big problem is my keyboard stops responding after some time, and if I unplug it and plug it back in again it does not work and I have to force reboot the system. Interestingly the mouse still works.

Perhaps its a BIOS / Clover setting?

Try it

if u use one usb injector remove

USB.zip

add some patches in config.plist

XHCI to XHC
5848 4349
5848 435f

EHC1 to EH01

EHC2 to EH02

and patch limit port too ;)

What did you mean by "if u use one usb injector remove" ? Also should I be using that DSDT from the USB.zip file?

I am having issues with system stability, perhaps you can advise on Bios and Clover settings? 

I went back to a more stock BIOS with me not removed as I suspected it was causing instability with os x.

Also strange is the system fans seem to be jumping up for half a second and then back down.

Is it possible to have DSDT to allow me for another GTX 1070 card, two total

what problem u have?

u use stock bios now?

without nvme boot?

I made some changes, getting fewer console error messages.

I am using BIOS with NVME efi driver mod. Right now I am booted from Sata SSD.

Testing now for stability, I tried to add my other GTX 1070 (for dual card) but I cant get it to boot with that. Had it working before your DSDT.

dual GPU don't work good

CF, SLI dont work in hacks

u can use two gpus, but have a problems

try without DSDT

I mean I had it working with without the DSDT, I dont use SLI its for Davinci Resolve. 

IF I send you dumps of it working without the DSDT applied can you patch it so its in the DSDT?

u use same bios or u mod new bios?

yes, send me original tables and one ioreg without DSDT with two GPUs

we try