[AMD] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

Mr. Xtreme

788 posts in this topic

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @Shaneee, I've recently bought an FX 6300, same system config for everything else. Will Sierra run smoothly?

At the moment I'm making a USB with Niresh's SierraZone for AMD, I'm unsure if I'll need to download another kernel to use with it or not. Could you advise?

Thanks

https://valid.x86.fr/n0fcgb

Report.htm - AIDA64 Report

Edited by IonGeneral

6 minutes ago, IonGeneral said:

Hi @Shaneee, I've recently bought an FX 6300, same system config for everything else. Will Sierra run smoothly?

At the moment I'm making a USB with Niresh's SierraZone for AMD, I'm unsure if I'll need to download another kernel to use with it or not. Could you advise?

Thanks

please do not use the niresh's distros, becase we can't help you with those on this forum and also because it's just garbage for noobs, it's unstable and not relyable (and also has a lot of stolen things inside), the best thing is to modify a mac os installation done in the vanilla way, to boot on amd processors, and also on sierra it's not as easy as just swapping kernel, first you need the rigth kernel fou your cpu, then you need also to change several others system components and to rebuild all the most important system chaches and fix file permitions, not so easy and that's why i recomend you to practise on machines with an intel cpu before installing macOS on an amd system, but there are a lot of people that can help you here to install mac os using the rigth methods in this fourm and please, avoid using that garbage.

• Thanks 2

On 12 August 2018 at 9:52 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

please do not use the niresh's distros, becase we can't help you with those on this forum and also because it's just garbage for noobs, it's unstable and not relyable (and also has a lot of stolen things inside), the best thing is to modify a mac os installation done in the vanilla way, to boot on amd processors, and also on sierra it's not as easy as just swapping kernel, first you need the rigth kernel fou your cpu, then you need also to change several others system components and to rebuild all the most important system chaches and fix file permitions, not so easy and that's why i recomend you to practise on machines with an intel cpu before installing macOS on an amd system, but there are a lot of people that can help you here to install mac os using the rigth methods in this fourm and please, avoid using that garbage.

Thanks for your input and recommendation.

Unfortunately I have no access to an Intel machine. I only have my AMD system. My plan was to just install a distro and then try to download the Yosemite (I tried Sierra/High Sierra, the boot loader gave me issues and just wouldn't boot to the installer) install app from the Mac App Store and then semi-vanilla it that way. (of course when I say 'semi-vanilla' I mean, completely fresh vanilla OS X files but with an AMD kernel and necessary kexts for the AMD kernel chosen.

I require the correct working kernel for AMD FX 6300 including the kexts required. (Such as System.kext etc if needed). I think for now I'll try and use Chameleon because I haven't a clue how to configure Clover. :(

• 3 months later...

Has anyone here experience with my setup and 10.12? I've already tried everything imaginable. I have tried only with the most necessary Kexts and I've tried it with all the kexts that seem important to me. The same with the bootflags. Now I am at a point where I can not go on. Maybe someone has a Clover folder ready for my setup.... :):):)

2 hours ago, Meat_Duck said:

Has anyone here experience with my setup and 10.12? I've already tried everything imaginable. I have tried only with the most necessary Kexts and I've tried it with all the kexts that seem important to me. The same with the bootflags. Now I am at a point where I can not go on. Maybe someone has a Clover folder ready for my setup.... :):):)

Have you tried AMD-OSX.com?

• Like 1

I have tried the whole web..... :(

Everything I try ends up with:  
com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.157) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1 
Pandora, Beast, ready-made backup from amd-osx.com, homemade...
Enoch, Chameleon, Clover....
Edited by Meat_Duck

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
On 2/28/2020 at 3:47 PM, tnd1313 said:

Hi All! 2020....any news about sierra on phenom?

Unfortunately not possible