Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE 12/07/2017)

nvidia web driver updates macOS Sierra

• Please log in to reply
1005 replies to this topic

Anonymous34

Anonymous34

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm having problems getting my GTX 980TI working correctly on 10.12.

I'm getting that dreaded "black screen" bug.

I have already modified AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext setting Mac-65CE76090165799A to none.

It kind of seems like the kernel cache is not "sticking", as I'm able to boot up with nv_disable=1, rebuild the kernel cache (sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel & sudo kextcache -system-caches), reboot.

This makes the "black screen" bug go away, but only for a few restarts.

Anyone who have experienced this?

Same thing here. I'm trying the commands to rebuild kernel cache. Seems like it didn't work. Time for El Capitan I guess! 

cgaddict

cgaddict

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Everything is working fine with nonEFI Quadro k2200 except CUDA / I installed 7.5.29 but no App sees CUDA anyone a link for CUDA 8.0 for OS X or any Beta for Sierra ???

***Update***

Still after Update 7.5.30 fails to show up in Apps too

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,463 posts
Hello guys,

Anyone managed to get this to work on a GTX 950? I'm getting a black screen when loading second stage boot. And...nothing else.
I suppose it's an issue with the driver? Is there a known solution to this? Or should we just wait for the next driver update?

larrikinaus

larrikinaus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hello guys,

Anyone managed to get this to work on a GTX 950? I'm getting a black screen on when loading second stage boot. And...nothing else.

I suppose it's an issue with the driver? Is there a known solution to this? Or should we just wait for the next deriver update?

Yes, I got it working with the GTX 950 - I am using a Mac Pro with the web driver. So if it was an issue with the web driver, it wouldn't have worked for me as the only way to get it to work in OSX is the web driver.

@ROBASEFR

@ROBASEFR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Works good here with GTX970 Gainward Phantom and beta webdriver.

Tested with Geekbench and Cinebench R15.

Only de singlecore results are 15 % lower than with 10.11.5 !

Geekbench result.png       Cinebench R15 result.png  

cnrd

cnrd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Hello guys,

Anyone managed to get this to work on a GTX 950? I'm getting a black screen on when loading second stage boot. And...nothing else.

I suppose it's an issue with the driver? Is there a known solution to this? Or should we just wait for the next deriver update?

I had this same problem on my system with a GTX 980Ti.

What is your monitor setup?

I fixed it by moving both my monitors to DP (2x1440p).

My secondary monitor is dual-link DVI only, but I luckily had a dual-link dvi to DP cable.

If you have more than one monitor and one of them support DP, try disconnecting all other monitors and see if you get signal.

Also if you use iMac15; iMac17 or MacPro6 I guess you have already patched the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext? (Or renamed your Nvidia to GFX1) If not do that first.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 13.36.59.png   182.06KB   56 downloads

Screenshot is from 10.11.5, but should give you an idea about how I connected my monitors.

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,463 posts

I had this same problem on my system with a GTX 980Ti.

What is your monitor setup?

I fixed it by moving both my monitors to DP (2x1440p).

My secondary monitor is dual-link DVI only, but I luckily had a dual-link dvi to DP cable.

If you have more than one monitor and one of them support DP, try disconnecting all other monitors and see if you get signal.

Also if you use iMac15; iMac17 or MacPro6 I guess you have already patched the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext? (Or renamed your Nvidia to GFX1) If not do that first.

ok, let's take them one by one.

I'm using a dual-monitor setup. One monitor connected via DVI, the other one via HDMI. I will try to disconnect one monitor and see if that makes any difference. I don't have DP on either monitor.

I'm using iMac 14,2 system definition. And by patching AGDP.kext you mean setting those devices to none? Does that even make any difference? I did that in El Capitan. But...I don't think that actually made any difference whatsoever.

How do I rename to GFX1? Is there a way to do it from Clover (kexts to patch section)? That would be really useful.

UDPATE:

Well Hooray! It does boot with a single monitor (I kept the DVI one).

Now, how do I get it to work with both monitors? :D

UPDATE 2:

Well, that's fixed as well. By moving the DVI display to, well, the other DVI port. :)) Are you kidding me? THAT fixed it?

Anyway, thanks a lot for the tips and fast reply.

cnrd

cnrd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Yeah seems like there is something weird going on with the driver?

I'm not sure what the problem is but we are now on 2 out of 2, who had the problem and fixed it by just moving screens around.

And no you should not need the AGDP.kext edit when using 1Mac 14,2. :-)

cgaddict

cgaddict

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Has any one a solution for CUDA? 8.x from SDK requires update 7.5.29 is for all Programms invisible? CUDA-Z does not see anythink either ...

NO SUPPORT OF CUDA in SIERRA FOR NOW !

--- Update----

7.5.30 Update offered via preference.pane installs well but...

Does not work either CUDA-Z -quits Adobe 2015.3 CC blind no acceleration...

DevBoyLars

DevBoyLars

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi there,

I'm using a Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 2012 CPUs with 5.1 and a GTX 980ti (EFI flashed).

I installed the latest web-driver from here, but if I try to boot the Cinema Display turns black (after boot-logo) and it crashed on the half way and restarts. It's also not possible to boot in VGA-Mode.

Is this a problem with the beta-driver? Is there anything I can do?

DarK_DemoN

DarK_DemoN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm guessing you only need the driver with the 900 series cards?

I'm running a 780Ti and all 3 of my monitors worked perfectly during installation and, now, post installation. It was only after I installed the beta web driver, that I encountered the black screen after boot issue. I guess Sierra has 700 series support baked in now?

I'm just using the fakesmc I used with El Capitan and even the same exact clover config file and I have no issues running without the web driver, unlike 10.11...

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
I guess Sierra has 700 series support baked in now?

I'm just using the fakesmc I used with El Capitan and even the same exact clover config file and I have no issues running without the web driver, unlike 10.11...

Looks like you're right.

I got a GT 730 that absolutely needs webdrivers in El Capitan and below but runs just fine in Sierra without them.

polyzargone

polyzargone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Webdrivers works with DB2 by editing NVDAStartupWeb.kext :

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/info.plist

Change NVDARequiredOS to this :

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>

<string>16A</string>
Spoiler

cgaddict

cgaddict

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

DP 2 is out any drivers for Nvidia any CUDA news ?

GIEBELWALD

GIEBELWALD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>

<string>16A</string>

Works!

Unfortunately, there are then graphics errors in Safari and the App Store. The presentation in Magic Window 4K is also faulty. But I can live with that. After all, my system boots up again with full resolution.

Thank you very much.

Raymond Au

Raymond Au

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Classical Music and computer technology

I find all the programs that need to access to internet, the screen will crash. Safari, Mail, App store, Map all have screen crash issue.

I can only access to internet through Chrome instead. Even though make changes to the NVDARequiredOS won't help this.

May be we need to wait the new Nvidia Web driver for Beta 2.

GIEBELWALD

GIEBELWALD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Good to know that Chrome also works. Firefox Developer runs without a fault, too. Airmail as an email client also has no indication of failure. For system updates visit the Command Line instead of App Store.

There are always ways :-)

softwareupdate --list
sudo softwareupdate -vi "-->Package Name<--"

NVIDIA will not let us wait too long for an update.

Will Apple probably bring us native support for the NVIDIA Maxwell chipset under macOS 10.12 Final Release?

Faun

Faun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

There seems to be an updated driver, I just ran the updater app and found 367.05.10.05b07

Attached File  Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 19.29.37.png   79.08KB   98 downloads

Hello guys,

Anyone managed to get this to work on a GTX 950? I'm getting a black screen when loading second stage boot. And...nothing else.
I suppose it's an issue with the driver? Is there a known solution to this? Or should we just wait for the next driver update?

Try running

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

Worked for me with my 970

Edit: scratch that, it worked for 2 reboots now I'm back to black screens without nv_disable :\

edit2: well, after running the command a few more times it does seem to have worked. I think there might be a kernel cache issue in the public beta and dev preview 2

Edited by Faun, 09 July 2016 - 07:12 AM.

oraton

oraton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
pascal support with the new driver update? please please please!

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 4,597 posts

Hi,

New Nvidia Web Driver 367.05.10.05.b07 for DP2 & PB1 is out!

Please, check first page post #1

Regards, fantomas1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nvidia web driver, updates, macOS, Sierra

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy