[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12.x on ASRock H170M-ITX/ac

Denicio

438 posts in this topic

Also about the Bluetooth, I didn't know that you can use a BT keyboard on BIOS, I would be very interested to find out that too. So if you have any information please keep me posted as well.

EDIT: Fire up DPCIManager and post screenshots please. Maybe we can find out about the platform ID from there.

As for the BT controllers working in BIOS I have no idea if it's even possible with m.2 format. I have my experience with BCM94360CD PCI and some custom made solution with 9-pin USB connector soldered to BT device ripped from iMac. Both of them share the same idea of powering bluetooth via internal connector to MB so that might be case. Also I read somewhere that some USB dongle from Belkin (FT016 if I remember correctly) may work in such manner, depending on your motherboard.

I've also ordered BCM94360CS2 from MacBook Air + NGFF adapter to see if it's gonna work, but my hopes are not high ;)

DCPI shows this:

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation (null) [8086:191f] (rev 07) (subsys 1849:191f)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation (null) [8086:1912] (rev 06) (subsys 106b:1912)

Hi Denicio & Chaps

Had to reinstall the Z170M-ITX/ac today, updates had happened to both the OS and Clover by the user, at some point it all went pear shaped and he lost Bluetooth , I tried various fixes but ended up with a mess of a configuration so a reinstall has been done with the latest setup from here.

The issue I think now is USB ports not working the right way, hence no Bluetooth, any ideas what needs to change with the new SSDT setup?  I did read some things from another user but it looks like part of it was in PM.

Many thanks for the continued support guys :)

Hi Denicio & Chaps

Had to reinstall the Z170M-ITX/ac today, updates had happened to both the OS and Clover by the user, at some point it all went pear shaped and he lost Bluetooth , I tried various fixes but ended up with a mess of a configuration so a reinstall has been done with the latest setup from here.

The issue I think now is USB ports not working the right way, hence no Bluetooth, any ideas what needs to change with the new SSDT setup?  I did read some things from another user but it looks like part of it was in PM.

Many thanks for the continued support guys :)

The easiest method for a motherboard other than the one on this thread, is to apply the 15 to 26 port limit patch, and install USBInjectAll.kext on Clover. If you would like to go fully vanilla, we're going to have to make a customised SSDT for you.

So just so I have my head straight, the port limit patch is the part earlier in this thread that gets added to the config.plist in the kextstopatch array?

Do I need to remove any entries in the config.plist or just the ssdt file in ACPI patched folder?

Sorry for being so green with this, but since managing to get it working before with a few easy tweaks, I didn't have to actually edit the config.plist.

Cheers

Bakerman

So just so I have my head straight, the port limit patch is the part earlier in this thread that gets added to the config.plist in the kextstopatch array?

Do I need to remove any entries in the config.plist or just the ssdt file in ACPI patched folder?

Sorry for being so green with this, but since managing to get it working before with a few easy tweaks, I didn't have to actually edit the config.plist.

Cheers

Bakerman

No, hey no worries. Let me try to describe this as simple as I can.

1) If you have followed this guide, but see no progress, remove SSDT-2.aml from ACPI/patched, OK with this?

2) Are you trying to run Sierra or El Capitan, so I can show you the correct patch to apply? The one on this thread is for Sierra.

3) Download USBInjectAll.kext from RehabMan's BitBucket account, and place it in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 or 10.12 depending on what OS you are trying to install.

Sierra port limit patch:

<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series) 10.12</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>g710////EA==</data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>g710////Gw==</data>
</dict>

Awesome let me try those steps, I though there was some text to do with SSDT-2 in the config.plist

It is Sierra by the way.

Will report back :)

Ok so now all the USB ports are working, wifi is still working of course, but still no Bluetooth

This worked natively before but I am wondering if something has changed since the patch for a certain broadcom unit was added to the config.plist (I am guessing here) which was for BCM94352HMB Sierra Fix

The combo PCI-E unit we have installed is: BCM943602CS

Cheers again

Bakerman

Awesome let me try those steps, I though there was some text to do with SSDT-2 in the config.plist

It is Sierra by the way.

You are right. You need to also remove the TableId entry on ACPI section in config.plist.

It is Sierra by the way.

Ok so now all the USB ports are working, wifi is still working of course, but still no Bluetooth

This worked natively before but I am wondering if something has changed since the patch for a certain broadcom unit was added to the config.plist (I am guessing here) which was for BCM94352HMB Sierra Fix

The combo PCI-E unit we have installed is: BCM943602CS

Cheers again

Bakerman

OK, I think you are forgetting BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext from RehabMan. You need to install those on System/Library/Extensions with a kext utility.

Hi Denicio 

So I removed the following text from config.plist

<key>DropTables</key>

<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>SSDT</string>
<key>TableId</key>
<string>xh_rvp08</string>
</dict>
</array>
<key>ResetAddress</key>
<string>0x0CF9</string>
<key>ResetValue</key>
<string>0x06</string>

then I used kext utility from this site's downloads (latest version) where is asks to drop files for processing
I then processed the two kext from rehab man's latest release.

Still no Bluetooth showing

Cheers
Bakerman

Hi Denicio 

So I removed the following text from config.plist

<key>DropTables</key>

<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>SSDT</string>
<key>TableId</key>
<string>xh_rvp08</string>
</dict>
</array>
<key>ResetAddress</key>
<string>0x0CF9</string>
<key>ResetValue</key>
<string>0x06</string>

then I used kext utility from this site's downloads (latest version) where is asks to drop files for processing
I then processed the two kext from rehab man's latest release.

Still no Bluetooth showing

Cheers
Bakerman

OK let's try differently. Download and open IORegistryExplorer 2.1, and Save As... ioreg, and attach it to your reply. Also your EFI folder would be nice to have as a .zip.

Hi Denicio,

First of all thank you for this guide. Although a bit of a newbie here, your guide is straightforward and I had success the first time :D

2 things I would like to seek help:

1) Is the HDMI audio working for this? Currently I can't seem to hear anything when I connect my rig to the TV.

2) Can you please point me to the direction wherein I can enable my wifi and bluetooth.

Appreciate all the help on this thread!

Hi Denicio,

First of all thank you for this guide. Although a bit of a newbie here, your guide is straightforward and I had success the first time :D

2 things I would like to seek help:

1) Is the HDMI audio working for this? Currently I can't seem to hear anything when I connect my rig to the TV.

2) Can you please point me to the direction wherein I can enable my wifi and bluetooth.

Appreciate all the help on this thread!

Hello spr4k3n. Thanks for your kind words.

1) I have attempted to fix this along with toleda, but unfortunately didn't lead me anywhere. It was quite some time ago though, maybe you can try a newer guide and see how it goes.

2) Sure, but which adapter have you got?

Hello spr4k3n. Thanks for your kind words.

1) I have attempted to fix this along with toleda, but unfortunately didn't lead me anywhere. It was quite some time ago though, maybe you can try a newer guide and see how it goes.

2) Sure, but which adapter have you got?

1) Too bad it didn't work :( I'll try to research on this and post an update if I have success.

2) My adapter is an RTL8821AE combo

1) Too bad it didn't work :( I'll try to research on this and post an update if I have success.

2) My adapter is an RTL8821AE combo

Yes, if you could find anything on HDMI sound that would be great. Also the Wifi adapter you have is incompatible with macOS, you will need to replace it with something like BCM94352 or other compatible choices (even USB).

Yes, if you could find anything on HDMI sound that would be great. Also the Wifi adapter you have is incompatible with macOS, you will need to replace it with something like BCM94352 or other compatible choices (even USB).

Appreciate the help! I have to source out another adapter then :D

Hi Denicio

the EFI folder is 19.8MB so too big for me to upload here

the .ioreg file is not permitted

What do you suggest?

many thanks

Bakerman

OK, I got your files, checked them. Your EFI folder is as it should be without the vanilla USB ports and SSDT-2.aml. By looking at your ioreg file, I can only see DELL USB keyboard & mouse connected. The BT adapter should be appearing on HS13 or HS14 normally, but it's not listed. Can you send me as much information as you can for the Wifi+BT combo you have?

Hi Denicio

Its this combo PCI-E card bought for the build, which worked natively on a previous install

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-PCI-Express-BCM943602CS-Hackintosh-Computers/dp/B00MBP25UK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475854458&sr=8-1&keywords=hackintosh+wifi

Cheers

Bakerman

Sorry, but I thought you had a Mini PCIe Wifi+BT adapter. How does this even fit on your Z170M ITX/ac motherboard? Also as far as I can tell, people call this OOB, so try to find a thread specific to this card and fire away questions :)

Best of luck and skills.