[Guide] Surface Pro 1st gen El Capitan clean installation

JahStories

220 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Fine. And if you looked carefully you have seen... OS X brings a EFI-Partition. You could have been just copying the functional EFI-folder from your boot stick to the Apple-EFI-Partition (Screenshot above)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Firstly thank you for this excellent guide.

Got the old SP1 out of the cupboard the other day and was wondering what to do with it.

Now it has a extra lease of life as El Capitan works on it very well. Everything seems to work sound, graphics, bluetooth, wifi (via external dongle).

The trackpad one the touch keyboard is not great and would drive me mad if I had to use it. I am using my magic mouse via bluetooth which works well.

I installed switchresx to get a more usable resolution, I am currently using 1280x720 @60hz

I am also running windows 10 as a virtual machine via vmware fusion. lol

:thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Hello Folks !

Sierra GM is out ! shall we see a new guide for surface pro soon ?

At least i will try... to get this siri on board. ;) - But I will wait for the Sierra-Release... first updating my mac... then playing around. Honestly, i have little time, and need to "work" with my other Surface. I hope the Touchbase-Drivers are usable - if not, i am out - with sierra. I am not going to pay again :/

:yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Firstly thank you for this excellent guide.

Got the old SP1 out of the cupboard the other day and was wondering what to do with it.

Now it has a extra lease of life as El Capitan works on it very well. Everything seems to work sound, graphics, bluetooth, wifi (via external dongle).

The trackpad one the touch keyboard is not great and would drive me mad if I had to use it. I am using my magic mouse via bluetooth which works well.

I installed switchresx to get a more usable resolution, I am currently using 1280x720 @60hz

I am also running windows 10 as a virtual machine via vmware fusion. lol

:thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

Cool ;). With your setup ... have you tried to involve your virtual machine (w10) to get rid of the wifi-dongle? does your vm detects the bt and wifi hardware??? can u use it running vm-windows???

• 2 weeks later...

I use the same dsdt that i have to boot and a generic config with uefi support.all the installation i did it with the white effect on screen but when it finished it boot normal..

I cant get the sound work...i try the new applealc.kext but nothing...the old applehda doesnt load at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk