OS X El Capitan 10.11 is out ...

Wayang-NT

36 posts in this topic

Hi Riley,

Great to hear you can install without a hitch.  My X79-Deluxe does have the option to disable USB3 ASMedia Hi powered for battery, Front and Rear but there is a message in Bios that says even though I disabled USB3 rear some ports may still remain active.  I have no idea why but this is why I still get a kernel panic.  The only thing that prevents the panic and gives me fully functional but only USB2 (black ports) is the SSDT by RampageDev and the DummyUSBHXCI.kext from the EL Capitan USB fix thread.  Everything else works, Ethernet, Audio, Built in WIfi/bt, power management and sleep/wake.  I have the 12 core intel ivy bridge processor i7-2697 v2.

My P9X79 Pro has BIOS options to disable the two ASMedia controllers. I've had the rear ones disabled from day one because the hub-attached ports caused issues with GenericUSBXHCI (and the Oyen Digital driver previously). I'm not using any dummy usb kext here, but I'm also rocking a MacPro5,1 definition.

Anticipating a move to El Capitan I bought a FL1100-based PCI-e card and disabled the onboard USB3 completely. One less third-party driver to deal with (only ethernet left).

• Like 1

Sorry for the noob question, can I just download the file and upgrade my hack from 10.10.4 or do I have to do a full clean install. Thanks

If you're using Clover, you can just use Appstore to download and update. Create a backup first before installing the new OSX.

• Like 1

Hi everyone

just to give an idea ,i'm using a hackintosch with clover install and Yosemite since 1 year but i'm still a newb coming to very specific stuff like kexts etc...

i tried today to update from yosemite to el capitan

Everything went well , i used nv_disable=1 to install ; again to for 2nd reboot when install was done

I get the screen with the apple and the progress bar , i even reach the page where i need to put my password to log in and then i've got the beautiful new colored el capitan wheel who keeps on turning and turning and i couldn't pass that stage ....

got I7 5930k , gtx 970 gigabyte x99ud4 

if anyone have an idea , i'll appreciate it

thanks and good luck to all

Cloned the Mavericks install on my X79 and upgraded to 10.11. Upgrade went fine. Had to update MenuMeters but so far everything else seems to be working fine. I'll dig a little deeper tomorrow and if it's stays well I'll do a clean install and migrate data.

menu meters works?

Updated without too much fuss but running Mac Pro 5,1 instead of my 6,1 simply because my GTX 670 so rudely refuses to work even tried the AGDPfix.app that does the job in Yosemite. 

My 4 port Etron EJ188 USB 3.0 Host Controller add in card working out of box. Asmedia disabled completely. Never worked well in Yosemite either.  My iMac wireless AC/bluetooth 4.0 working  (not that the Asus built in is bad, it just doesn't work in the UEFI BIOS the way the iMac does) and zero issues running with Windows 7-10 using Apple stuff. Still some polishing up the install but working nicely so far. Fair warning using the Clover OS X El Capitan-V5 without using your own config.plist its all wrong for this board and GTX 670. Luckily the Etron USB 3 was able to run with keyboard, mouse and the installer, my USB 2 choked up and no response out of any of my black ports. It works now just fine.

Goodluck everyone

El%20Capitan.jpg

*SIP disabled took care of the GTX 670 working with El Capitan SMBIOS 6,1 so all is good. 

• Like 1

After the updates from DP8 to GM. My marvel yukon2 0x436411ab kext is not working anymore. Tried manual edit of AppkeYukon2 kext and kext by Fabio1971 but problem still the same. Any tips on how to get my Marvel Yukon2 working?  

I got it working. SIPutility is the solution.

Edited by efimac